Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Monitors and Displays (https://www.overclock.net/forum/44-monitors-displays/)
-   -   Acer VG271U Pbmiipx UM.HV1AA.P01 27" 2K 144Hz IPS @ $399?! (https://www.overclock.net/forum/44-monitors-displays/1717172-acer-vg271u-pbmiipx-um-hv1aa-p01-27-2k-144hz-ips-399-a.html)

eperelez 01-01-2019 06:03 PM

Acer VG271U Pbmiipx UM.HV1AA.P01 27" 2K 144Hz IPS @ $399?!

I've been looking for a 27" 2K 144Hz IPS monitor for a while and came across this particular model on Newegg from Acer. Does anyone here have any experience with this model? Any thoughts? Seems like excellent specs for the price...

Thanks in advance!

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...78&ignorebbr=1

Leopardi 01-02-2019 01:43 AM

Nope, all these new Acer's a mess of different models (half of which seem to be old models renamed), and nothing is available in shops despite being announced a year ago.

JackCY 01-02-2019 03:08 AM

It takes them a year usually to launch a monitor and they announce it when they get some early panels from panel manufacturer.

VG271U, XV272U, I don't have the rest opened so I think it was old stuff as in AUO old crapanel.
XV272U should be Innolux, you can buy it but not easily and everywhere, many still waiting. VG271U not sure, you can do the search can't you.

All in all probably gotta wait till Q2 2019 if you plan on seeing reviews in English with something useful in them other than the marketing news that are already around.

eperelez 01-02-2019 07:05 AM

If Amazon ever gets it in stock, I will buy one and share my thoughts. Thanks!

Leopardi 01-02-2019 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eperelez (Post 27785276)
If Amazon ever gets it in stock, I will buy one and share my thoughts. Thanks!

Be sure to test frame skipping at 144Hz. Trend seems to be to give frameskipping for nvidia cards on non-gsync displays.

HiCZoK 01-03-2019 12:35 AM

I thought there was only xv272u (innolux, wide gamut) and vg270up. Both new just releasing acer nitro models with 144hz, 1440p ips panels

JackCY 01-11-2019 09:34 AM

There is XV272U, VG271U, VG270U, LG 27GL850G, ASUS PG279QZ, ... Gigabyte... and probably more.

Some of these use old AUO M270DAN2.6 panel, some use newer Innolux, some maybe new LG panel. The 27" 144Hz+ 1440p is finally getting some new panels, of course people now gonna be confused as to what monitor has what panel and most people won't even know anyway as they only look at monitors not at panels and trying to find a monitor with panel they like.

Someone can make a thread for these new releases, I don't feel like maintaining a thread about monitors I'm not going to buy. Plus the spreadsheet insertion on OCN is still and will remain dead I think, making databases on OCN of anything a royal pain to maintain.

I didn't notice any frame skipping on adaptive sync monitors that weren't Gsync certified, the only monitor that had issues was a Gsync one LOL and it wasn't with frame skipping, the board inside was loose or something.
Where is this frame skipping issue on Nvidia GPUs suddenly coming from? I had no issue with frame skipping nor using max refresh rate with Nvidia GPU and non Gsync monitors.

noobee 01-25-2019 03:47 PM

I was trying to find a VG271U UM.HV1AA.P01 monitor but it's not in stock in my country - supposedly, it has the Innolux panel. I could be wrong but at the moment, it looks like newegg.com has it in stock but I can't order it from them/there.

JackCY 01-25-2019 06:31 PM

Could be Innolux, hard to tell without detailed specs and someone taking it apart or taking detailed photo of both Innolux and AUO or at least the Innolux. Panels usually differ a little at a macro shot.

Acer isn't doing a good job at communicating/publishing precise specs of these newer models. Since VG270U is AUO and VG271U is probably the same specs it's likely an Innolux instead, or it's simply stand differences, they do love to change stands and make a whole new product out of it.

linusdoo 01-25-2019 07:10 PM

I have this on order and it will arrive early next week. If someone wants a rundown feel free to provide me a list of tests to run/things to check and I'll gladly provide. I bought this as it seems like a good jack of all trades (IPS, decent color gamut, freesync, 144htz. I do some gaming and photo editing) and I'm curious if it will live up to my hopes or fall short.