Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Benchmarking Software and Discussion (https://www.overclock.net/forum/21-benchmarking-software-discussion/)
-   -   Tips on how to get extra Time spy score when overclocks are maxed out?? (https://www.overclock.net/forum/21-benchmarking-software-discussion/1719490-tips-how-get-extra-time-spy-score-when-overclocks-maxed-out.html)

Jaz11 01-29-2019 10:41 PM

Tips on how to get extra Time spy score when overclocks are maxed out??
 
The score above me for 2nd place time spy extreme is only 10-20 points away and i just cant get there. I have been trying for hours....

Overclocks are maxed out, 9900k 5.2ghz all core, 1080ti 2152mhz core 6434mhz memory. DDR4000c16


Any tips on how i can bump the score up?

Ill take anything


Ive unplugged internet, stopped all background tasks, run a single 1080p Monitor. my ambient and waterloop are as cool as they can possibly go....im at a loss

please and thanks

The Pook 01-29-2019 10:49 PM

second stripped down OS install for benching, lower ambients, increase base clock a bit, ... get better hardware :)

Afterburner lets you run OC profiles set to hotkeys and you can switch between a (higher) less stable OC for the (easier) first test and down to your current 2152mhz for the second test and back up again for the combined test.

It's mostly a thing I've seen done on Firestrike and I've never done it myself but a lot of better OCers than me do it.

Jaz11 01-29-2019 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pook (Post 27831040)
second stripped down OS install for benching, lower ambients, increase base clock a bit, ... get better hardware [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

Afterburner lets you run OC profiles set to hotkeys and you can switch between a (higher) less stable OC for the (easier) first test and down to your current 2152mhz for the second test and back up again for the combined test.

It's mostly a thing I've seen done on Firestrike and I've never done it myself but a lot of better OCers than me do it.

Thabks for the reply. Yeh I tried to bring the bclk up a bit was didn't show any gains and got unstable near 101.

I set up the hotkeys in afterburner and can run 2164mhz core in select sections of test 1 and 2 but didn't bring score up noticeably either 😞

looniam 01-29-2019 10:59 PM

super secret nvidia inspector settings.

Jaz11 01-29-2019 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by looniam (Post 27831050)
super secret nvidia inspector settings.

Tell me wise one

raceitchris 01-29-2019 11:11 PM

I gained 400 points simply by changing Ram Command Rate from 2T to 1T. Not all ram can run 1T, but if it can, you should. Disable all the sound devices under "playback" and "recording". Make sure Core Parking is disabled as well as G-Sync. Unlock and use "ultimate" power plan mode. set your windows appearances to "best performance". Download TimerResolution and set it to maximum (make sure to minimize the window after and not to close it out.) You can also do some regedit commands and many others to speed up windows there's like 100 videos on Youtube that go over it - just search for Windows 10 gaming optimizations. Also, leave your gpu fans on max for 10 minutes before the test, you might gain one extra bin from the lower temps.

white owl 01-29-2019 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by looniam (Post 27831050)
super secret nvidia inspector settings.

Isn't that cheating? lol


Set the .exe to High Priority in Windows task manager and use O&O to strip Windows of a lot of the junk that's always running (you should do this anyway IMO), once you've restarted delete all the bloatware that would normally reinstall. If that's not enough use MSMG (or similar) to strip down the OS.
Get your CPU going faster even if it's not totally stable, the cache won't get you much but there is a performance hit if you're 400-500mhz lower than core.
Try different drivers, I'm sure the XOC guys have a specific one that works best for specific benchmarks.
You can change your power plan to "high performance" but set minimum speed to w/e you want so it will still down clock, this will disable core parking.
I'd set the minimum speed to 100% while you're benching so it doesn't downclock between scenes.

Jaz11 01-29-2019 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raceitchris (Post 27831062)
I gained 400 points simply by changing Ram Command Rate from 2T to 1T. Not all ram can run 1T, but if it can, you should. Disable all the sound devices under "playback" and "recording". Make sure Core Parking is disabled as well as G-Sync. Unlock and use "ultimate" power plan mode. set your windows appearances to "best performance". Download TimerResolution and set it to maximum (make sure to minimize the window after and not to close it out.) You can also do some regedit commands and many others to speed up windows there's like 100 videos on Youtube that go over it - just search for Windows 10 gaming optimizations. Also, leave your gpu fans on max for 10 minutes before the test, you might gain one extra bin from the lower temps.

Legend. thank you. I will try a few of those !

Not sure what core parking is?

Jaz11 01-29-2019 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by white owl (Post 27831064)
Quote:

Originally Posted by looniam (Post 27831050)
super secret nvidia inspector settings.

Isn't that cheating? lol


Set the .exe to High Priority in Windows task manager and use O&O to strip Windows of a lot of the junk that's always running (you should do this anyway IMO), once you've restarted delete all the bloatware that would normally reinstall. If that's not enough use MSMG (or similar) to strip down the OS.
Get your CPU going faster even if it's not totally stable, the cache won't get you much but there is a performance hit if you're 400-500mhz lower than core.
Try different drivers, I'm sure the XOC guys have a specific one that works best for specific benchmarks.

I've done the high priority in take manager. Not familiar with those programs. Will look into them now.

I'm on latest 417 drivers but if there is a better 1 I'm all ears!!

looniam 01-29-2019 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by white owl (Post 27831064)
Isn't that cheating? lol

nope, not at all. ;)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.