Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   NVIDIA (https://www.overclock.net/forum/69-nvidia/)
-   -   1080 no display z390 UD (https://www.overclock.net/forum/69-nvidia/1719720-1080-no-display-z390-ud.html)

wozza_bruv 02-02-2019 10:37 AM

1080 no display z390 UD

Hello all, i have upgraded my pc today and whilst coming to the end of installing it all, i cant seem to get the graphics card to display anything, iv tried using the MB display to get into windows and download the drivers and then gone back into the bios and set it to pcie slot one, but i also have a m.2 nvme will this make a difference? any help would be appreciated as im dying to get this bad boy up and running.

iSpark 02-02-2019 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wozza_bruv (Post 27836012)
Hello all, i have upgraded my pc today and whilst coming to the end of installing it all, i cant seem to get the graphics card to display anything, iv tried using the MB display to get into windows and download the drivers and then gone back into the bios and set it to pcie slot one, but i also have a m.2 nvme will this make a difference? any help would be appreciated as im dying to get this bad boy up and running.

Just checking, but you did plug the power cable into the 1080 correct?

I did that one time and was like ***? lol

wozza_bruv 02-02-2019 10:43 AM

correct?? isnt there only one way with the notch/latch?

iSpark 02-02-2019 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wozza_bruv (Post 27836024)
correct?? isnt there only one way with the notch/latch?

Yeah, only one way to insert plug. The other end/s is plugged into PSU correct?

If that doesn't do anything, try another pci-e slot, try removing the nvme, (don't think that's the reason though), system will still boot to bios with no drive installed.
If still nothing, I'd check video card in another working system if you can.

kckyle 02-04-2019 10:33 AM

if mb display works thn its a graphic card issue, i had to rma my 1070 couple month back for the same reason

mattliston 02-04-2019 11:12 AM

Read your motherboard's manual to determine if the M.2 drive does anything with a PCIE video card.

GENERALLY the first x16 slot is uneffected.

GENERALLY.

This is why the manual of your motherboard exists!

Kaltenbrunner 02-11-2019 12:01 AM

Well I'm probably too late, but when I 1st installed my new MSI z370 mobo, the GPU didn't output anything, only the mobo HDMI was working. So I panic'ed a bit too. But it was just the factory default in BIOS to use the iGPU of the CPU.