Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Video Game News (https://www.overclock.net/forum/227-video-game-news/)
-   -   [PCGN]PC is developers’ favorite platform, and its lead is growing (https://www.overclock.net/forum/227-video-game-news/1719740-pcgn-pc-developersa-favorite-platform-its-lead-growing.html)

looniam 02-02-2019 12:34 PM

[PCGN]PC is developers’ favorite platform, and its lead is growing

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Despite PC gamers missing out on some high-profile console exclusives last year, the PC remains in the top slot for developers – and according to a recent survey, the PC’s lead is growing.

The GDC State of the Game Industry survey is an annual study that asks current game developers about trends in the business. This year, the 4,000 survey respondents indicated yet again that the PC remains their favored platform for development, with mobile devices at a distant second. Consoles show up down the list from there.

This year, 56% of respondents to the survey said that their last completed game shipped on PC, while 66% said the game they are currently working on will include a PC launch. That’s more than twice the number for either PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, and in both cases the PC improved slightly over last year’s results.
SOURCE
Quote:

You can download and read the full report here by registering at GDC’s official site.
already got it:

Attachment 251198

white owl 02-02-2019 12:58 PM

Gives me new hope for Red Dead and Kingdom Hearts lol.
That is very interesting though, cool find.

UltraMega 02-02-2019 03:23 PM

But PC gaming is dead.

speed_demon 02-02-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraMega (Post 27836380)
But PC gaming is dead.

Haha what makes you say that?

Melan 02-02-2019 03:53 PM

I hope for some PS4 titles I've been looking to play to be released on PC. Really don't want to shell out 400 euros just for... 4-5 games? My last experience with Xbox 360 and PS3 was very meh to the point where I just sold the consoles and invested into 2500K and GTX 480.

Crooksy 02-02-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speed_demon (Post 27836400)
Haha what makes you say that?

He's joking. It's just what has been said for years and years but never actually happened.

TFL Replica 02-02-2019 03:55 PM

Long live PC gaming!

Abaidor 02-02-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crooksy (Post 27836410)
He's joking. It's just what has been said for years and years but never actually happened.

LoL I remember it since more than 10 years ago....I was absent for the Hardware Scene and PC gaming for about 7 years and when I returned I was expecting PC gaming to be doomed.....Not a chance!

white owl 02-02-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melan (Post 27836408)
I hope for some PS4 titles I've been looking to play to be released on PC. Really don't want to shell out 400 euros just for... 4-5 games? My last experience with Xbox 360 and PS3 was very meh to the point where I just sold the consoles and invested into 2500K and GTX 480.

Me too (as mentioned above). Hopefully the new Playstation will be close enough to a normal PC so porting will be easier and the games will run better.

Melan 02-02-2019 04:19 PM

Platinum Games took a long time to figure out that porting Bayonetta and Vanquish to PC among other titles was a good idea. I'm not sure how long I have to wait for both Gravity Rush and The Witch and The Hundred Knight games.

Edit: Oh right. I also need my heart torn out sometimes so Drakengard and Nier are also on the "gimme nao" list.