Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Power Supplies (https://www.overclock.net/forum/31-power-supplies/)
-   -   Full modular power supply question (https://www.overclock.net/forum/31-power-supplies/1723020-full-modular-power-supply-question.html)

Transhour 03-21-2019 02:54 PM

Full modular power supply question

Does any one know if there are any anti dust caps for modular power supplies, for the ports on the psu you are not using. I have found them for just about everything on a computer, except a psu.

shilka 03-21-2019 02:58 PM

I might be wrong but i think Kingwin had that one some of their old units
Been so long that i cant recall so again i might be wrong but there was a brand many years ago that had plugs on ports not used

SirWaWa 03-22-2019 07:35 PM

None that I've ever seen

Zero4549 03-22-2019 07:42 PM

Could always make some yourself with some sugru.

Transhour 03-26-2019 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero4549 (Post 27904188)

yeah i was thinking of making some molds or something to create my own.

its just really shocking to be honest, how many dust plugs exist for almost every port on the PC, but the one piece of hardware you def would want to reduce dust in, doesn't have 'em :). for context, i live near a quarry, in the summer and fall months, the dust it kicks up is insane. you can wash your car before you go to bed and wake up the next morning and there will be a thin coat of dust on it. even in the house, running hepa filters, i'm always end up blowing out my computer at least 2 or 3 times a month (an this is with dust filters on all the fan). I can only imagine what it is doing to my lungs...

thanks again for everyone who has replied so far.

skupples 03-26-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero4549 (Post 27904188)

just educated myself on this after reading your post.

epic product, 100% will be making its way into my kit.

Zero4549 03-26-2019 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Transhour (Post 27909304)
yeah i was thinking of making some molds or something to create my own.

its just really shocking to be honest, how many dust plugs exist for almost every port on the PC, but the one piece of hardware you def would want to reduce dust in, doesn't have 'em :). for context, i live near a quarry, in the summer and fall months, the dust it kicks up is insane. you can wash your car before you go to bed and wake up the next morning and there will be a thin coat of dust on it. even in the house, running hepa filters, i'm always end up blowing out my computer at least 2 or 3 times a month (an this is with dust filters on all the fan). I can only imagine what it is doing to my lungs...

thanks again for everyone who has replied so far.

its cause power supplies dont really have any standard connectors. they would have to make different covers for every power supply, or at least every power supply series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skupples (Post 27909310)
just educated myself on this after reading your post.

epic product, 100% will be making its way into my kit.

:thumb:

Alan G 03-29-2019 12:29 PM

If it's just to prevent dust from getting into the socket, just use some Scotch tape over the sockets you are not using. It's a cheap and reversible solution. The sockets won't be getting hot in terms of loss of adhesive.

ChiTownButcher 05-13-2019 09:09 PM

As stated you could put tape over it. That said I have never heard of someone having a PSU go bad from dust in the terminals.

OleBM 05-13-2019 11:23 PM

My Silverstone ST80F-TI actually came with removable dust-plugs in all the outlets.. Don't know if it's a standard Silverstone thing though.