Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   AMD Motherboards (https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/)
-   -   Boot says CPU fan error (https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1723122-boot-says-cpu-fan-error.html)

Thready 03-23-2019 09:15 AM

Boot says CPU fan error

Upon boot, my splash screen says CPU fan error, press F1 to continue. After loading Windows, I open HW Monitor and everything seems fine. I also ran 5 minutes of Prime 95 and my CPU temps remained fine and my fan acted accordingly. It sped up then when the test was over it slowed down. I'm posting this in Motherboard section because I think it may be a motherboard issue and the motherboard is what detected it, I think.

It has no other fans inside it. It has good ventilation and it never gets hot. Any advice? Thanks

Fluxmaven 03-23-2019 09:36 AM

Is your CPU fan plugged into the fan header marked CPU Fan?. If you just have it plugged into any random fan header, the fan will obviously work, but unless there is something connected to the CPU fan header, most boards will throw that error.

Shawnb99 03-23-2019 10:04 AM

Boot says CPU fan error

Should be able to tell your bios to ignore that under settings.

It think that you don’t have any cooling installed

umeng2002 03-23-2019 10:13 AM

Sometimes the rpm signal is flakey and can read zero. One of my old Noctua fans from 2009 has the rpm signal read zero momentarily, but the fan works normally. You should have and option to ignore the CPU fan warning in the BIOS.

Thready 03-24-2019 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fluxmaven (Post 27904854)
Is your CPU fan plugged into the fan header marked CPU Fan?. If you just have it plugged into any random fan header, the fan will obviously work, but unless there is something connected to the CPU fan header, most boards will throw that error.

Yeah it's all plugged in right. I think the problem is like the other 2 said. I just disabled it in the bios.

Thready 03-24-2019 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnb99 (Post 27904872)
Should be able to tell your bios to ignore that under settings.

It think that you don’t have any cooling installed

Quote:

Originally Posted by umeng2002 (Post 27904878)
Sometimes the rpm signal is flakey and can read zero. One of my old Noctua fans from 2009 has the rpm signal read zero momentarily, but the fan works normally. You should have and option to ignore the CPU fan warning in the BIOS.

Thanks everyone. I went ahead and disabled it in the bios.