Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Video Game News (https://www.overclock.net/forum/227-video-game-news/)
-   -   [GoL]Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 may be coming to Linux (https://www.overclock.net/forum/227-video-game-news/1723388-gol-vampire-masquerade-bloodlines-2-may-coming-linux.html)

Jarhead 03-28-2019 08:11 AM

[GoL]Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 may be coming to Linux

Looks like Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 may be coming to Linux

Quote:

I held off on writing anything originally, as while Paradox do often have Linux support in games they publish it's not always the case. This particular game is being developed by Hardsuit Labs, a developer who Paradox Interactive acquired a minority stake in last year.

However, thanks to our eagle-eyed contributor BTRE, it was spotted on SteamDB adding Linux (and Mac) to the "oslist". This is not confirmation though to be clear, this has happened before with no Linux version released and at times even done by accident. Paradox didn't reply to my initial emails when the game was first announced, so I've reached out again now through difference channels.

TFL Replica 03-28-2019 08:53 AM

So far so good. The original was the best vampire-themed game ever made (IMO).

JackCY 03-28-2019 09:18 AM

Yeah it will be hard to follow and deliver after the 1st. The trailer looks sort of consoleish, hopefully they focus more on story than graphics unlike almost all modern games.
What was funny about the 1st was that it launched with HL2 engine before HL2 launched :D Nice story, plenty freedom to choose your story line and play as you want not having to fit into a predefined strict storyline. Similar to how original Deus Ex had freedom of choice that wasn't cosmetic but offered replayability to explore more options of the story.

Linux... couldn't care less unless somehow they prove that the same code runs somehow magically faster with Linux kernel and Linux drivers, most games don't and actually run slower on Linux than Windows... if they run at all.

Drake87 03-28-2019 10:48 AM

Looking forward to this. Vampyr was incredibly sub par.

skupples 03-28-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake87 (Post 27911952)
Looking forward to this. Vampyr was incredibly sub par.

this, It was incredibly boring for some reason.

Drake87 03-28-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skupples (Post 27912256)
this, It was incredibly boring for some reason.

The main character has the charisma of a wet sock. The fighting isn't very fun, and the setting isn't very interesting. You can only feed off certain people. Wasted opportunity IMO.

DNMock 03-28-2019 02:32 PM

Not gonna lie, kinda put off by the fact that I found out about it via a giant ad on steam wanting me to pre-order.... with a march 2020 release date...

Really took the wind out of the hype sails for me.

skupples 03-28-2019 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake87 (Post 27912338)
The main character has the charisma of a wet sock. The fighting isn't very fun, and the setting isn't very interesting. You can only feed off certain people. Wasted opportunity IMO.

pretty much, maybe take two will be better, but it felt like a beta.

Gunderman456 03-28-2019 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DNMock (Post 27912360)
Not gonna lie, kinda put off by the fact that I found out about it via a giant ad on steam wanting me to pre-order.... with a march 2020 release date...

Yeah, regular version $70 CAD (10 bucks cheaper on Epic) then supah dupah version $120. Stopped looking and lost my appetite after that twist. Well can we call that a "twist" in this day and age? A vampire game that wants to bleed everyone dry. Who would have thunk it?

To my recollection Bethesda started this black plague with their Morrowind expansions (which I refused to buy) and like vultures everyone in the industry followed along with the lemmings off the nearest cliff. Bethesda got so emboldened they followed with horse armour in Oblivion. Today there is no respite not even from CDProject Red.

Give me the full game or take-off, to the great white north!

Drake87 03-29-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DNMock (Post 27912360)

GOG is also doing that. I wonder if preorder sales have been trending upward since the Epic store came along.