Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   General Processor Discussions (https://www.overclock.net/forum/297-general-processor-discussions/)
-   -   Old build getting old, help with finding what is going on (https://www.overclock.net/forum/297-general-processor-discussions/1723720-old-build-getting-old-help-finding-what-going.html)

Frank33 04-02-2019 08:16 AM

Old build getting old, help with finding what is going on

Hello all, Haven't been here in a while. Hope everyone is fine. I have been experiencing random shut down with my rig lately and I haven't figure out yet what it is. The screen will randomly turn black, (both monitor in the case), if im plying I can still hear the music of the game or movie I was watching. The computer just randomly become unresponsive. It does that even after a fresh install, newest drivers etc. I recently dismount everything and re-applied new cpu/gpu paste, dismount and clean rads/fans and still the same. It dosen't seem to be a heat problem.

What would be the best route to go for checking all the hardware to find out the guilty one?
Can my all system be reaching end of life? I don't think so but who know.

Nothing is overclocked.
I'll see if my rig is in my sig, if not I'll just put it there so you can see what it's about.

Thanks in advance!

i7 3930k
Rampave IV-Formula
4X4G Gskill 1600Mhz
Forge GT 240G SSD
Radeon 290X (generic)
Win 10 home
Corsair AX1200

Drake87 04-03-2019 11:05 PM

I'd start with the video card. Do you have a spare to swap out?

white owl 04-04-2019 01:02 AM

I'd also remove the card and see what happens. If that doesn't work you can try your CPU and RAM voltage, I'd start with vcore then ram, cache then VCCIO. If stability isn't the issue is would seem like maybe the ram is the culprit.

shilka 04-04-2019 01:54 AM

Its probably your AX1200 as a friend of mine had exactly the same problem and the AX1200 was the casue
Corsair units such as the HX1000 the HX1050 and AX1200 has a long history of exactly that problem they just stop working probably around the time the warranty runs out

Buy a new PSU

xSneak 04-05-2019 08:27 PM

Lower the clock speeds on the video card and see if it happens.

Frank33 04-10-2019 08:35 AM

Thanks for all the ideas, I dont have any spare Vid card to try out, (yet). What would be a good program to find out if the gpu is faulty? It's running at stock now.

Regarding the PSU, wouldnt the entire system shut down instead of just the graphics? Like I said before, sometime I can still hear the music running in the back ground but I can't tell if it's jammed in a loop or something.

white owl 04-10-2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank33 (Post 27928480)
Thanks for all the ideas, I dont have any spare Vid card to try out, (yet). What would be a good program to find out if the gpu is faulty? It's running at stock now.

Regarding the PSU, wouldnt the entire system shut down instead of just the graphics? Like I said before, sometime I can still hear the music running in the back ground but I can't tell if it's jammed in a loop or something.

You don't need another card to test, you just need to remove that one to see if the issue still happens. Plug the monitor into your board.