Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   AMD Motherboards (https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/)
-   -   MSI Betrays AMD's Socket AM4 Longevity Promise:No Zen2 for 300-series? (Debunked) (https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1724366-msi-betrays-amds-socket-am4-longevity-promise-no-zen2-300-series-debunked.html)

shilka 04-15-2019 07:58 AM

MSI Betrays AMD's Socket AM4 Longevity Promise:No Zen2 for 300-series? (Debunked)

Edit: It has come to our attention that MSI Customer Support has regrettably misinformed an MSI customer with regards to potential support for next-gen AMD CPUs on the MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM motherboard. Through this statement we want clarify the current situation.

At this point, we are still performing extensive testing on our existing lineup of 300- and 400-series AM4 motherboards to verify potential compatibility for the next-gen AMD Ryzen CPUs. To be clear: Our intention is to offer maximum compatibility for as many MSI products as possible. Towards the launch of the next-gen AMD CPUs, we will release a compatibility list of MSI AM4 motherboards. Below is a full list of upcoming BIOS versions which include compatibility for the next-gen AMD APUs for our 300-Series and 400-Series AM4 motherboards based on the latest AMD Combo PI version 1.0.0.0. These BIOS versions are expected to be released in May this year

Cysquatch 04-15-2019 08:02 AM

I suppose it cuts into their profit margin when a user only has to buy 1 motherboard across multiple generations of CPU's. If in fact true, I will no longer consider any MSI hardware in the future.

EniGma1987 04-15-2019 08:03 AM

Wasnt the issue more related to 300 series bios chips not being large enough on many models to hold all the CPU info for all these generations?

Gedm5 04-15-2019 08:04 AM

Frankly this is insulting. If this is true MSI has lost me as a customer.

Does anyone know of a good motherboard brand?

shilka 04-15-2019 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gedm5 (Post 27934018)

Never had a problem with Asus or Gigabyte but Asus has become way overpriced in my mind so i would look at Gigabyte or Asrock

SamuelL421 04-15-2019 08:10 AM

My MEG X399 board had better support TR4 Zen2 or it will be the last MSI product I ever purchase, full stop.

miklkit 04-15-2019 08:38 AM

Biostar is probably going to do the same thing but in their case it's because they don't update their bios anyway. The bios on my X370 GT7 was last updated in August 2018.

Outcasst 04-15-2019 08:48 AM

I refuse to believe that AMD would let MSI do this. However, if this is true, MSI will probably just add Ryzen 3000 support because AMD forces them to and that's it. No stability or compatibility updates after that.

The Robot 04-15-2019 09:08 AM

"A socket change a year keeps the sheep in fear".

speed_demon 04-15-2019 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gedm5 (Post 27934018)

Stay away from ASRock unless you are buying high end. I along with others have had nothing but trouble with the ASRock B350 ITX/AC board. On top of that, their customer service is bad and there is an out of pocket cost for using the warranty on a malfunctioning product.

Never had any trouble at all with Asus. Gigabyte is pretty good too.