Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Intel Motherboards (https://www.overclock.net/forum/6-intel-motherboards/)
-   -   What of these motherboards? (https://www.overclock.net/forum/6-intel-motherboards/1724620-what-these-motherboards.html)

QuickpoisonX 04-19-2019 02:22 PM

What of these motherboards?

Hi,

Gigabyte Z390 UD or MSI Mpg Z390I Gaming Edge AC for OC? (Actually an i5-8600k)

I mean, what of these two is it better i terms of OC and cooling? I want my MB to last and to have a good health.

Greetings!!!

Edit: I can also pick the MSI Z390-A PRO, what do you think?

NexusRed 04-19-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuickpoisonX (Post 27939522)
Hi,

Gigabyte Z390 UD or MSI Mpg Z390I Gaming Edge AC for OC? (Actually an i5-8600k)

I mean, what of these two is it better i terms of OC and cooling? I want my MOBA to last and to have a good health.

Greetings!!!

Edit: I can also pick the MSI Z390-A PRO, what do you think?

First off,

M.O.T.H.E.R.B.O.A.R.D

Second, doesn't matter. Pick whatever one you like the most and fits your budget.

QuickpoisonX 04-19-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NexusRed (Post 27939560)
First off,

M.O.T.H.E.R.B.O.A.R.D

Second, doesn't matter. Pick whatever one you like the most and fits your budget.

Oops, my mistake, won't happen again.

Yeah I know, but.. I can adquire these 3 at the same prince so, if the price is similar, which one of these would be better for a little OC? (4-2,4-6) I mean, in VRM terms, lifespan, etc...

Thank you!

wingman99 04-19-2019 07:46 PM

I like the Gigabyte motherboards. They are easy to use the overclock settings.

NexusRed 04-19-2019 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuickpoisonX (Post 27939570)
Oops, my mistake, won't happen again.

Yeah I know, but.. I can adquire these 3 at the same prince so, if the price is similar, which one of these would be better for a little OC? (4-2,4-6) I mean, in VRM terms, lifespan, etc...

Thank you!

Again, doesn't matter lol. Your not clocking it that high past the turbo clock so pick whatever one you like the most. As long as you supply it with clean, reliable power and keep the VRM's cool, they both will perform the same.
If you must have someone external help you with an internal choice, I'd say go with the Gigabyte board. Simply because it has more VRM (Note that I did not say quality or high end, I just said more lol).

QuickpoisonX 04-20-2019 02:35 AM

Uhm, then Ill go for the Gigabyte z370 UD, thanks friends, I'm a little newbie on this so i tho that the MSI would be better because the coolers are bigger so the motherboard would be cooler then I OC... XD

wingman99 04-20-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuickpoisonX (Post 27939976)
Uhm, then Ill go for the Gigabyte z370 UD, thanks friends, I'm a little newbie on this so i tho that the MSI would be better because the coolers are bigger so the motherboard would be cooler then I OC... XD

You don't have to worry about the VRM cooling. The MOSFET's are fine up to 120c for long life.