Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Air Cooling (https://www.overclock.net/forum/246-air-cooling/)
-   -   Recommend me Radiator fans (https://www.overclock.net/forum/246-air-cooling/1725610-recommend-me-radiator-fans.html)

Shawnb99 05-09-2019 11:05 AM

Recommend me Radiator fans

I think one of my Vadars died on me. After reading it causes issues with the AQ, I’m looking to replace all the fans on my rads. So I’m looking for suggestions for the best fans for the rads in my sig.

thagabe 05-09-2019 11:11 AM

Noctual A25x12. Nothing comes close.... my system has 6xsilent wings 3 (1 is the high-rpm 2200) when this one is past 1500 rpm it sounds like a jet engine. Same performance @2000 the noctuas sound like the wind breeze from a mild day. 100% recommend the noctuas

NOT 100% sure on this one but it is highly rated: Silent typhoons, tho they may be hard to find as they are no longer being produced.

ciarlatano 05-09-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnb99 (Post 27961290)
I think one of my Vadars died on me. After reading it causes issues with the AQ, I’m looking to replace all the fans on my rads. So I’m looking for suggestions for the best fans for the rads in my sig.

As previously (and dyslexically) mentioned, the NF-A12X25 is really in a class by itself...but is also brown. If you can't live with the brown, the SW3 would be my next choice (p/p on the GTR). The eLoops are nice performing and sounding fans, but howl like banshees with any intake side obstruction, so they would be a no-go on the GTR. Corsair MLs perform pretty well, but I find their sound signature a little irritating, and they can't be voltage controlled.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thagabe (Post 27961297)
NOT 100% sure on this one but it is highly rated: Silent typhoons, tho they may be hard to find as they are no longer being produced.

Gentle Typhoons are still made, they are a Nidec Servo product. They are simply no longer available with Scythe branding.

The Pook 05-09-2019 01:20 PM

I like my two industrial Noctuas. They're obnoxious at full tilt but I rarely run them at more than 20% and they do more than fine.

I would have went with the NF-A12X25 but since I couldn't put up with poop brown in my system I went for the industrials.

Melcar 05-09-2019 02:44 PM

How fast are you planning to run the fans? Do you prefer high speed or do you got for a more silent operation?

TopM5 05-09-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pook (Post 27961406)
I like my two industrial Noctuas. They're obnoxious at full tilt but I rarely run them at more than 20% and they do more than fine.

I would have went with the NF-A12X25 but since I couldn't put up with poop brown in my system I went for the industrials.

I have 2x140mm 3k rpm industrial noctua. They're silent till 1500rpm, above that noise gets noticeable. Also my both fans were maxed out at 2640rpm (they advertise it as 3k rpm). Even replacement fans were same. If OP wants high performance, then these Noctuas are not worth their price. In my country price of USED gentle typhoon / similar delta fan costs 4-5 usd.
If OP want lowest noise + good performance @ under 1500rpm , then nothing can beat Noctua industrial fans when run at slower speed. If you do push+pull on a 480mm rad, then noctua setup will cost 8x27usd = 216usd lol.

ciarlatano 05-09-2019 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopM5 (Post 27961648)
If OP want lowest noise + good performance @ under 1500rpm , then nothing can beat Noctua industrial fans when run at slower speed.

That's a pretty out there statement given that they aren't even Noctua's best fan for that application, and aren't better than average when compared to other MFG top tier fans.

TopM5 05-09-2019 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciarlatano (Post 27961666)
That's a pretty out there statement given that they aren't even Noctua's best fan for that application, and aren't better than average when compared to other MFG top tier fans.

So, what is best fan according to you in under 1500rpm ?

Shawnb99 05-09-2019 11:55 PM

Thanks all for the suggestions. I kinda figured it would be Noctua’s. I’m looking at replacing 12-24 fans so it’ll be a nice little investment.

ciarlatano 05-10-2019 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopM5 (Post 27961676)
So, what is best fan according to you in under 1500rpm ?

Well.....it's not really according to me as much as it is according to actual results. First, we are talking about 120mm fans here, not 140mm fans. I'm guessing that @Shawnb99 has no interest in replacing all of his rads for the pleasure of using average 140mm fans. Second, it isn't about "under 1500 rpm" nearly as much as it is about "at like noise levels", or conversely which fan is quieter at the same performance level, and which has the nicer sound signature. Given that, the NF-A12X25 far outperforms the NF-F12 iPPC in every respect, and it doesn't have the iPPC's bearing noise that those with sensitive hearing find so irritating. The OP is using 24 fans....24 iPPC would be like nails on a chalkboard at any speed due to that bearing noise. Take a look at actual measured performance through a rad below 1500 rpm - https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/...x25_PWM/5.html - the iPPC stacks up very poorly next to the NF-A12X25, SW3, ML120, GT, and even the $15 Phanteks F120ML.