Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Builds, Logs & Case Mods (https://www.overclock.net/forum/18082-builds-logs-case-mods/)
-   -   Reuse Rince Recycle (https://www.overclock.net/forum/18082-builds-logs-case-mods/1726072-reuse-rince-recycle.html)

Eusbwoa18 05-17-2019 08:53 PM

Reuse Rince Recycle

So I bought a new house and both my new workspace and my budget were a little cramped so I thought it would be fun to try and build a new system with as many used parts as possible. I got some really great deals from the membership here.

Decided that I wanted to try and build a Thermaltake Core P5 Glass edition. That is new. Other than that the dual pump resevior and some of the lighting are the only other new parts. It's taken me sine the holiday to get everthing together.

So it begins.

Eusbwoa18 05-17-2019 08:57 PM

reserved

reserved for final pics.

Eusbwoa18 05-17-2019 09:01 PM

had to drill more holes.

2 Attachment(s)
Needed to drill a few holes for the res and the pumps.

speed_demon 05-17-2019 09:54 PM

Subscribed. Looking forward to watching your build progress. :thumb:

Eusbwoa18 05-19-2019 10:50 AM

Radiators

4 Attachment(s)
I got the radiators finished and tested. Then I mounted the radiator, the Monsoon MMRS resevior that I pulled from my last build, and the pumps I got from the parts forum in the new dual mount. I'm hoping it's quiet. I still love my GT fans. Picked the rads and the fans up on the forums here as well. Have a couple of Alphacool QDCs coming.

Eusbwoa18 05-22-2019 10:48 AM

Aquaero 6

1 Attachment(s)
I found a place to mount the Aquaero 6.

Eusbwoa18 05-23-2019 06:33 AM

It's coming together

3 Attachment(s)
Had a really productive night last night. The QDCs did not arrive from Amazon last night, apparently they lost my package. I've been told to contact customer service if my package does not arrive by Saturday. That put a stop to my plumbing work so I focused on components. Got the motherboard, RAM, CPU, and my 2080ti mounted. I'm really happy with the color coordination. I'm not good at it so i consider this a happy accident. :) I also got the second rad attached to the back of the case.

Eusbwoa18 05-24-2019 02:38 PM

Tested and filled

3 Attachment(s)
So I pressure test all my rigs. Much safer than the drip test. Once that was done I filled the unit with fluid and ran the pumps. The QDCs work great. Now for some wiring and clean up.

Eusbwoa18 05-26-2019 05:10 PM

Wiring is all done.

2 Attachment(s)
I got everything wired up and it boots. Wonder of wonders. :) The back looks a little less attractive than I would have liked, but no one will ever look there. The front looks great. Just need to get the OS sorted and the glass installed.

Eusbwoa18 05-26-2019 05:13 PM

I have a CCFL that I'm thinking of mounting by the radiator to illuminate the resevoir. I'll post a test pic.