Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Hardware News (https://www.overclock.net/forum/225-hardware-news/)
-   -   [Tom's Hardware] Intel Brings Its Own Benchmark to Refute AMD's '2X' EPYC Claim (https://www.overclock.net/forum/225-hardware-news/1726782-toms-hardware-intel-brings-its-own-benchmark-refute-amds-2x-epyc-claim.html)

NightAntilli 05-31-2019 01:24 PM

Damage control and nothing more.

magnek 05-31-2019 06:04 PM

Karma is a female dog

And also Intel is a giant hypocrite, but I'm sure you all knew that.

opt33 05-31-2019 07:03 PM

I bet posting picks up when ryzen 7nm gets released as many long term intel users like myself will be new to amd mobo/cpu/ocing hence reading/posting again from necessity and from finally having something interesting to talk about. It also may be a little annoying switching/relearning AMD, but necessary after Intel management followed the Charlie Sheen plan of how to stay on top.

CJRhoades 05-31-2019 07:10 PM

So when Intel glues together two $10k CPUs and makes a giant one that isn't socketed and is only available in OEM servers, they achieve 23% higher performance at the cost of 60% higher power. I'm not sure why they would want to point that out to anyone. Seems like a very roundabout way to say they're still losing. Anandtech estimates those Xeon 9282's run $25k+ and I'm sure AMD would be happy to sell you the top Rome SKU for a quarter of that.

The Robot 05-31-2019 09:03 PM

Emergency Edition and fact manipulation. Intel never changes.

rluker5 06-02-2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dagget3450 (Post 27987656)
Is that before or after you disable hyper threading?

I don't have untrusted guests running vms on my computers so I don't have to worry about them jumping from their hyperthread to mine.

Hwgeek 06-02-2019 10:26 AM

GL to intel when 64C TR will be out, it's safe to assume that new TR MB with upgraded VRM could offer near 8X9900K raw performance with PBO active ~500W.

Wishmaker 06-02-2019 01:39 PM

AMD fanboys are the saltiest you can find.
When E6600 came out you were in denial for 12 months.
Now this chip is not even launched and praise AMD for being victorious.

This industry works in cycles and once AMD is on top, INTEL will take out the big guns.

Speaking of benchmark manipulation, when NVIDIA was haxing and AMD came out with proof that they were, y'all praised your lord and saviour AMD.
When INTEL tries to clarify the situation and show that AMD's numbers were not entirely correct, INTEL is playing dirty again.

Its that time of the year when I retire from OCN because of the super toxicity when it comes to AMD fanboyz.

Hwgeek 06-02-2019 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishmaker (Post 27988970)
This industry works in cycles and once AMD is on top, INTEL will take out the big guns.

Yes - this is the key for good progress in development and innovation, unlike past decade that Intel had monopoly with ~90%+ and stopped the progress, now we see how much can change just in 2 years if there is a competition.
Lets hope for healthy competitions for many years to come, we all gonna benefit from that.

bmaxa 06-02-2019 02:13 PM

yes, with AMD out of the game we saw stagnation and degradation. That is how things work without competition.