Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles (https://www.overclock.net/forum/379-rumors-unconfirmed-articles/)
-   -   [WCCF] Intel 10nm Sunny Cove ’10th Gen Ice Lake’ ES CPU Single-Core Performance Leaks Out (https://www.overclock.net/forum/379-rumors-unconfirmed-articles/1727634-wccf-intel-10nm-sunny-cove-10th-gen-ice-lakea-es-cpu-single-core-performance-leaks-out.html)

dantoddd 06-16-2019 11:55 AM

[WCCF] Intel 10nm Sunny Cove ’10th Gen Ice Lake’ ES CPU Single-Core Performance Leaks Out

Quote:

Intel 10nm Sunny Cove ’10th Gen Ice Lake’ ES CPU Single-Core Performance Leaks Out, On Par With A 5.3 GHz 9700K at Just 3.7 GHz – Intel Comet Lake & AMD Ryzen 3000 Results Leaked Too

Intel’s 10nm Sunny Cove has yet to be seen in action, well at least on consumer end products since they just started shipping earlier last month. While we have seen public demos, it looks like alleged results from engineering samples based around the Sunny Cove architecture, Ice Lake, have been leaked in CPU-z along with Intel’s Comet Lake and AMD Ryzen 3000 processors too.

Intel’s 10th Gen Ice Lake CPUs With Sunny Cove Cores Performance Leaked, Massive IPC Gains Over Skylake Architecture – Several Intel Comet Lake &AMD Ryzen 3000 CPUs Single-Core Perf Unveiled Too
During the announcement of their 10nm Sunny Cove architecture at Computex, Intel unveiled that they have achieved an 18% IPC improvement with some workloads showing an IPC improvement of up to 40% over Skylake architecture. Now like AMD’s claim of 15% IPC improvement, there are no independent sources to confirm Intel’s figures of 18% IPC uplift so we have to wait till both chip makers launch their respective products in the market so reviewers can fact check their claims.

more.....

https://wccftech.com/intel-10nm-ice-...enchmark-leak/
rumors of intel 10 nm

The Pook 06-16-2019 11:57 AM

Saw this last night, good time for a "leak" now that Ryzen 7nm is on everyones mind. Too bad it's from WCCFTech.

magnek 06-16-2019 12:18 PM

Ewwww WCCF....

Quote:

While we wait for these products to launch, a Chinese forum member has posted what seems to be several AMD and Intel chips along wi...
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Pass.

WannaBeOCer 06-16-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnek (Post 28007004)
Ewwww WCCF....

Pass.

GeekBench shows Ice Lake-U has a 17% increase from the laptops compared to Skylake based mobile chips.

Edit: Here's the result: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/13476044

dantoddd 06-16-2019 12:50 PM

I wonder why the clock speeds are so low?

WannaBeOCer 06-16-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dantoddd (Post 28007034)
I wonder why the clock speeds are so low?

Most likely the reason we won't be seeing Ice Lake desktop skus any time soon. We've saw the same low clock speeds when Intel's first 14nm chips were out(Broadwell)

The Pook 06-16-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WannaBeOCer (Post 28007044)
Most likely the reason we won't be seeing Ice Lake desktop skus any time soon. We've saw the same low clock speeds when Intel's first 14nm chips were out(Broadwell)

If a 3.7 10nm is already beating a 5.2 14nm I wouldn't think that's why they're not releasing them. Intel went from 4.0Ghz Pentium 4s to 1.8Ghz Core 2 Duos back in the day. I'd imagine the problem is yield.

JackCY 06-16-2019 01:21 PM

AMD has a window to shine, when Intel changes architecture it's likely to get rough for AMD again. Problem is Intel was sleeping and locked their advancement in arch. to advancement in process, right now they've gotten rid off this old stupid "lock" that they've bound themselves by, they can get more competitive.

Buris 06-16-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pook (Post 28007056)
If a 3.7 10nm is already beating a 5.2 14nm I wouldn't think that's why they're not releasing them. Intel went from 4.0Ghz Pentium 4s to 1.8Ghz Core 2 Duos back in the day. I'd imagine the problem is yield.

Unless their strategy is changed, Intel still has Comet Lake to release, followed by Ice Lake.

My understanding is that no 10nm Desktop processor is coming from intel until late 2021. The Dies will be saved first for mobile, followed by the server market, and finally for the mainstream desktop. This is going to be a while, and if Zen2+ or Zen3 is out with no competition from Team Blue, expect insane prices.

Hwgeek 06-16-2019 01:42 PM

even if/when Intel will be back with new Gen for desktop- the PC market will be flooded with Ryzen 1000/2000/3000 and also AMD's chiplet design much cheaper to make then monolithic CPU, so they will start price war and we gonna enjoy it :-).

Depending how well Epyc will sell- Intel will use every 10nm wafers for Servers and Mobile since they are most important for them, they need to compete with 64C Romes + by then EPYC will be shipping based on Zen 3.0.