Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Hardware News (https://www.overclock.net/forum/225-hardware-news/)
-   -   [techspot] Apple expands authorized repair partnership with Best Buy (https://www.overclock.net/forum/225-hardware-news/1727812-techspot-apple-expands-authorized-repair-partnership-best-buy.html)

looniam 06-19-2019 09:47 AM

[techspot] Apple expands authorized repair partnership with Best Buy

Quote:

Why it matters: According to Apple, eight out of 10 of its customers are now within 20 minutes of an authorized service provider. That's great news for customers who don't live near an Apple Store or are turned off by the idea of mailing in their device for repair.
Apple on Wednesday expanded its third-party repair network to include every Best Buy store in the US, making it even easier and more convenient for customers to “access safe and reliable repairs.”

Best Buy’s Geek Squad now has nearly 7,600 newly Apple-certified technicians ready to service Apple products at one of nearly 1,000 retail locations. All repairs through Best Buy are backed by Apple and are completed using genuine Apple parts, the company said.

SOURCE

JackCY 06-19-2019 09:59 AM

Their way of fixing: It's broken, it can't be repaired, you have to pay for a refurbished device!
Then they send it to be refurbed in China or scrapped and sold as parts on streets.

Want a repair, you're better sending it to a reputable non official repair shop that will actually fix it and knows what design horrors Apple did on their electronics, they will fix the board instead of replacing it whole when damage allows.

TK421 06-19-2019 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackCY (Post 28010692)
Their way of fixing: It's broken, it can't be repaired, you have to pay for a refurbished device!
Then they send it to be refurbed in China or scrapped and sold as parts on streets.

Want a repair, you're better sending it to a reputable non official repair shop that will actually fix it and knows what design horrors Apple did on their electronics, they will fix the board instead of replacing it whole when damage allows.

buying applecare+ is a must for any apple devices imo

Melan 06-19-2019 10:47 AM

Good for them. Also, applecare+ is a must if you're in US where you only get 1 year of warranty. In EU we get 2 years by default so it's mostly required if you're accident prone.

neonlazer 06-19-2019 12:51 PM

A good portion of Geek Squad associates couldn't fix a plain desktop if they tried, have fun fixing a laptop of any type. Bet a video by Louis is coming soon about this. Lol

Pinnacle Fit 06-19-2019 12:56 PM

I’m good on getting any ASP to fix an Apple product. I’d just send it to Louis Rossman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doritos93 06-19-2019 03:24 PM

So now apple customers have another authorized place that won't repair their device in order to sell the newest model

Great news

steelbom 06-19-2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Best Buy’s Geek Squad now has nearly 7,600 newly Apple-certified technicians ready to service Apple products at one of nearly 1,000 retail locations. All repairs through Best Buy are backed by Apple and are completed using genuine Apple parts, the company said.
Is it just me or does that sound like all 7,600 technicians are only available at one store? Made me chuckle a little :D

Melan 06-19-2019 06:10 PM

That's how many technicians takes to replace a single screen.

skupples 06-19-2019 06:43 PM

yeaaaah idk man. still not getting me to go back into a Best Buy.