Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   AMD Motherboards (https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/)
-   -   ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Overclocking & Discussion Thread (https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1728796-asus-rog-x570-crosshair-viii-overclocking-discussion-thread.html)

MacG32 07-07-2019 07:55 AM

ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Overclocking & Discussion Thread

I'll be updating this post gradually. I am currently running an Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) and an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X. :thumb: Welcome all! :drool:

ROG Crosshair VIII Formula

https://www.asus.com/media/global/pr...90_end_500.png

Overview

Specifications

The Manual

Drivers & Tools

ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI)

Overview

Specifications

The Manual

Drivers & Tools

ROG Crosshair VIII Hero

Overview

Specifications

The Manual

Drivers & Tools

ROG Crosshair VIII Impact

https://www.asus.com/media/global/ga...90_end_500.png

Overview

Specifications

The Manual

Drivers & Tools

AMD X570 Drivers & Support

Downloads

Reviews

Formula

AnandTech Overview - 09JUL19

bit-tech - 12JUL19

Overclock3D - 20AUG19

Guru 3D - 06SEP19

TweakTown - 11SEP19

Hero & Wi-Fi

TheOverClocker - 07JUL19

eTeknix - 07JUL19

Guru3D - 16JUL19

PCGamesN - 18JUL19

Hexus - 26JUL19

TweakTown - 18AUG19

Tom's Hardware - 30SEP19

TechPowerUp - 04OCT19

Impact

bit-tech - 16SEP19

Guides, Testing, & Utilities

Ryzen 3000 Memory / Fabric (X370/X470/X570) (Formula Testing)

ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO Testing On Ubuntu 18.04 Linux

Testing 3rd-Gen Ryzen DDR4 Memory Performance and Scaling

VRM on the new AM4 motherboards (All motherboards listed)

Something GIGABYTE, MSI and AMD do not want you to see

[Official] AMD Ryzen DDR4 24/7 Memory Stability Thread

Strictly technical: Matisse (Not really) (Formula Testing)

ROG Crosshair VIII (Formula & Hero) LN2 OC Guide

AMD Ryzen Memory Tweaking & Overclocking Guide

AMD Ryzen 3000 – Part IV – DDR4 Scaling

AMD Ryzen 3000 investigated

DRAM Calculator for Ryzen

DDR4 Overclocking Guide

AMD CPU Stock Tracker

Karhu RAM Test

HWiNFO Utility

Ryzen Master

Miscellaneous

Is your Bus Clock/Speed/FSB ~99.8 MHz? Disable SB Clock Spread Spectrum under Extreme Tweaker\Tweaker's Paradise and set BCLK to Auto. ;)

Looking for Mem TweakIt v2.02.44 and/or TurboV Core v1.02.02?

Are you in to gaming and like memory performance? Check these out.

Warning! Check spoiler for new motherboard owners or fresh Windows installs:
Spoiler!

If you see any reviews, guides, or anything else pertaining to ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Motherboards, please feel free to post the link(s). I will do my best to add them to this post as time becomes available.

And, as always, thank you for stopping by! :cheers:

nick name 07-07-2019 03:05 PM

Ooooh I can't wait until I have something useful to contribute to this thread.

Hale59 07-07-2019 05:07 PM

ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (Wi-Fi) Review

http://www.theoverclocker.com/rog-cr...-wi-fi-review/

pantsoftime 07-07-2019 05:39 PM

So far so good with the formula and 3900X. The 0702 BIOS version is stable and boost clocks seem to be working correctly (based on HWINFO64). I've had luck running B-Die at tight timings with lower voltage (3400CL14 1.375V) or higher frequencies (up to 3600/CL16 so far). Far more stable of a first day than the C6H was.

The chipset fan is inaudible, though I do wish they had found a way to tie it into the VRM water loop. The integrated M.2 heatsink is a nice touch.

There is no utility for the Livedash yet but the default functionality is useful - POST codes at boot and CPU temp after boot. There is also no mention of it in the manual.

It took some trial and error to identify which USB ports were functional at POST.

I wish there were a few more extras in the box for such a premium price point. The antenna is not magnetic like older Asus boards. The included documentation, stickers, etc were all warped like they were in a high moisture environment and the protective plastic seemed dirty.

I played with the automatic overclocking in the Asus utility and it didn't really seem to work. It picked 4.15GHz for all cores as well as 1 core. I don't think the single core modes are functional yet (the manual interface didn't give any control either).

MacG32 07-07-2019 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick name (Post 28030220)
Ooooh I can't wait until I have something useful to contribute to this thread.

I'm looking forward to it. It'll be nice when the thread picks up and owners have a place to share overclocks, thoughts, and ideas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hale59 (Post 28030382)
ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (Wi-Fi) Review

http://www.theoverclocker.com/rog-cr...-wi-fi-review/

Thank you. First post updated. +Rep

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantsoftime (Post 28030442)
So far so good with the formula and 3900X. The 0702 BIOS version is stable and boost clocks seem to be working correctly (based on HWINFO64). I've had luck running B-Die at tight timings with lower voltage (3400CL14 1.375V) or higher frequencies (up to 3600/CL16 so far). Far more stable of a first day than the C6H was.

The chipset fan is inaudible, though I do wish they had found a way to tie it into the VRM water loop. The integrated M.2 heatsink is a nice touch.

There is no utility for the Livedash yet but the default functionality is useful - POST codes at boot and CPU temp after boot. There is also no mention of it in the manual.

It took some trial and error to identify which USB ports were functional at POST.

I wish there were a few more extras in the box for such a premium price point. The antenna is not magnetic like older Asus boards. The included documentation, stickers, etc were all warped like they were in a high moisture environment and the protective plastic seemed dirty.

I played with the automatic overclocking in the Asus utility and it didn't really seem to work. It picked 4.15GHz for all cores as well as 1 core. I don't think the single core modes are functional yet (the manual interface didn't give any control either).

I appreciate your input. It'll be nice to see what you can get out of it. Are you watercooling? How are the VRM temps under full load?

mito1172 07-07-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Please a picture when the system is running :)

pantsoftime 07-07-2019 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacG32 (Post 28030466)
I appreciate your input. It'll be nice to see what you can get out of it. Are you watercooling? How are the VRM temps under full load?

Currently I'm on a benchtop setup with the stock cooler and an old video card (GTX780) just to try out the platform. I wanted to make sure it was stable before I rip apart my main rig and tie in the water loop. Given these cooling limitations I can't really provide useful comments on VRM temps.

I have some fresh tubing, fittings, and a new AM4 waterblock ready to go once I'm ready to install into my main rig which I probably won't get to for a couple more days.

Kernel-Debugger 07-07-2019 06:47 PM

I was able to secure a Non-Wifi Hero from Amazon before they went out of stock. Ready for Round 3!

chowbaby 07-07-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Are you able to adjust the chipset fan speed in the bios or any of the utilities? What RPM is it running at?

MacG32 07-08-2019 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantsoftime (Post 28030496)
Currently I'm on a benchtop setup with the stock cooler and an old video card (GTX780) just to try out the platform. I wanted to make sure it was stable before I rip apart my main rig and tie in the water loop. Given these cooling limitations I can't really provide useful comments on VRM temps.

I have some fresh tubing, fittings, and a new AM4 waterblock ready to go once I'm ready to install into my main rig which I probably won't get to for a couple more days.

It would be nice to see some pictures after it's all set up. Sounds like a total beast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kernel-Debugger (Post 28030520)
I was able to secure a Non-Wifi Hero from Amazon before they went out of stock. Ready for Round 3!

Welcome! It'll be good to hear your input once you get it all set up and running.