Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Freebies (https://www.overclock.net/forum/326-freebies/)
-   -   Freebie: 3 Month Xbox Game Pass Code (PC) (https://www.overclock.net/forum/326-freebies/1729366-freebie-3-month-xbox-game-pass-code-pc.html)

Mr. Mojo 07-13-2019 09:05 PM

Freebie: 3 Month Xbox Game Pass Code (PC)

I bought a 5700XT yesterday, and this is the "game bundle" it comes with. I don't have much interest in game rentals because I'm an old fart, and my kids have xboxes instead of gaming rigs, so it's up for grabs. My video card should be here Tuesday evening, so that sounds like a good time to close this and pick a winner. I'm not going to make you jump through hoops, just post in this thread if you want in.

I will use this to pick the winner. whichever name goes to the top gets it.

Mr. Mojo 07-15-2019 04:16 AM

I wasn't expecting this thing to cause a forum meltdown or anything, but I figured someone would want it...

rdr09 07-15-2019 04:57 AM

The installation includes an AMD verification tool. The tool verifies if the product is installed in the system. Doubt there is a way around it.

Mr. Mojo 07-15-2019 07:28 AM

Oh, well that's lame.

technodanvan 07-15-2019 08:07 AM

Shoot I'll take it. If it doesn't work I can always pass it on to the next person.

PontiacGTX 07-15-2019 08:12 AM

if this still Open I am in

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdr09 (Post 28043678)
The installation includes an AMD verification tool. The tool verifies if the product is installed in the system. Doubt there is a way around it.

does that means it verifies if the PC has a Navi gpu or only that has an amd gpu?

a workaround would be the OP logged with the email of the person on Microsoft store..?

Mr. Mojo 07-15-2019 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PontiacGTX (Post 28043886)
if this still Open I am in

does that means it verifies if the PC has a Navi gpu or only that has an amd gpu?

a workaround would be the OP logged with the email of the person on Microsoft store..?

Yeah that's an option. I could log in with the winner's MS account and add the key, then the winner can change the password. It's not the best solution, but I'd rather someone get some use out of this.

Another option would be for me to make a new MS account, add this code, then send the winner the account name & password.

Bigceeloc 07-15-2019 10:55 AM

Doesn't the AMD verification tool work on any AMD hardware? CPU's also?

Mr. Mojo 07-15-2019 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigceeloc (Post 28044094)
Doesn't the AMD verification tool work on any AMD hardware? CPU's also?

I don't know how it works. I'll let the winner decide how they want to do it. I can either:

1. send the code and let the winner try it
2. make a new MS account and send the account info to the winner
3. log into the winner's MS account and add the code

The first option would be the safest but also the least likely to work. The second option is a compromise which allows some security, but then the winner would have to manage another account. The third option would be the easiest, but the winner would have to trust me with their MS account information. Of course you can trust me, but I'd expect any shady individual to say the same thing :h34r-smi :D

I think the best way to handle it would be to try option 1 first. If that doesn't work, we can move on and try either option 2 or 3, at the winner's discretion. If the winner just happens to know someone who they can trust more than a random guy on the internet who has a new AMD CPU or GPU, they can also opt to let that other person access their MS account to add the code for them instead of having me do it

S2000_Skyline12 07-16-2019 12:08 AM

I'm in! Would be cool to win.

Section31 07-16-2019 07:23 AM

I have three of them actually. Don't really need them. You can have four of the passcodes to decides who gets them.

Speedster159 07-18-2019 12:54 PM

I'll take one or two if still available. Getting a Ryzen 3800X when they go in stock this month.

Falkentyne 07-18-2019 01:14 PM

In for a chance to win one. Thanks.

Mr. Mojo 07-18-2019 02:59 PM

Sorry guys, I'm out of town right now so kinda distracted. technodanvan won the drawing. Everyone else can check with Section31 and see if he still has any available. If everything goes according to plan, I should have another to give away when I buy a new CPU here in another week or 2.

Section31 07-21-2019 10:45 AM

Retailer did not send me one of the codes (not going to bother them over this) so only have one from AMD. If anymore, I will post it here. You guys sort it out. Don't ask me to help you pass AMD hardware verification, I will ignore the messages.

For Xbox Game Pass for PC: The unlock code for your product is RW88VWD9KNCJZ4HJ.

dVeLoPe 07-21-2019 10:59 AM

I would use this for Metro Exodus

Section31 07-29-2019 01:08 PM

Last Code:

Go to https://www.canadacomputers.com/redeem and enter this code: HD54005KAR2P