Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Crash Analysis and Debugging (https://www.overclock.net/forum/17986-crash-analysis-debugging/)
-   -   BSOD with [email protected] & VM's (https://www.overclock.net/forum/17986-crash-analysis-debugging/1730466-bsod-f-h-vms.html)

Aussiejuggalo 07-29-2019 05:33 PM

BSOD with [email protected] & VM's

1 Attachment(s)
I run a server at home doing various things, 2 of those things are Folding & VM's (specifically NextCloud) but since a Windows update I've been getting BSOD every time I run Folding & any VM at the same time, the BSOD is almost instant once I start either of those things with the other running (pausing Folding still causes it).

The updates in question were KB4507459 & KB4507460, I’ve tried uninstalling them but same result, BSOD when trying to run Folding & VM. BSOD are system_service_exception & kmode_exception_not_handled always with the ntoskrnl.exe & ntkrnlmp.exe.

Attached is the mini dump file and WhoCrashed output.

System:
Win 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016.
Ryzen 2700.
ASRock Rack X470D4U.
Curcial CT16G4WFD8266 16GB ECC.

BroadPwns 07-29-2019 05:43 PM

Driver corruption or conflict coming from new update (nothing unusual, just to remind BattlEye giving bsods for a long time), you'd best make an other Windows installation and check on least updated Windows (but in a recent build) if the problem persists.

Aussiejuggalo 07-29-2019 05:56 PM

It's definitely something to do with the new update, was working perfectly fine since I built it 3 months ago until those 2 updates. It's used as a server so next to nothing plugged in that needs drivers, all the drivers that are installed are default Windows aside from the LAN drivers which I did update yesterday to see if that was an issue but it's still not working.

PROBN4LYFE 07-29-2019 06:38 PM

Win 10 has many bugs, crashed 2 of my folding machines so far, the last update I believe they turned the server service off...that may be causing your crashes. I got the wifi issues fixed, I'll send out a batch file once they give me a stable release, if that is even stable. :/

Aussiejuggalo 07-29-2019 06:48 PM

Damn that's annoying. Still haven't seen if it effects my game servers yet because that's another thing I use this for.

I'm thinking I might switch to Linux if I can't find a fix for this, should be able to do everything I currently do but... Linux is such a pain in the ass to learn, been trying on and off for years.