Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software (https://www.overclock.net/forum/71-nvidia-drivers-overclocking-software/)
-   -   [NVIDIA] GeForce “Gamescom” Game Ready 436.02 WHQL (https://www.overclock.net/forum/71-nvidia-drivers-overclocking-software/1731804-nvidia-geforce-oegamescoma-game-ready-436-02-whql.html)

maltamonk 08-20-2019 05:38 AM

[NVIDIA] GeForce “Gamescom” Game Ready 436.02 WHQL

Quote:

Highlights

This week, NVIDIA’s out in force at Gamescom, the world’s largest gaming expo. Yesterday, we announced ray tracing for blockbusters like Minecraft and Dying Light 2 , and shared plenty of new trailers and screenshots for Bloodlines 2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Watch Dogs: Legion, and other upcoming AAA ray-traced titles.

Today, we’re celebrating our GeForce gaming community by releasing a special Gamescom Game Ready Driver, at 6amPT, that packs some big software optimizations for Apex Legends, Battlefield V, Forza Horizon 4, Strange Brigade and World War Z, which increase framerates by up to 23%.

Also included are several new beta features based on feedback and requests from our community — an Ultra-Low Latency mode for faster input response, an Integer Scaling display mode for pixel art games, and a new GeForce Experience Freestyle sharpen filter. Lastly, our new driver brings support for 3 new G-SYNC Compatible gamingmonitors, and day-0 game support for Remnant: From The Ashes.
https://videocardz.com/driver/nvidia...dy-436-02-whql

ntuason 08-20-2019 05:45 AM

I’m seeing a 10-15 FPS increase in BFV not to bad.

anticommon 08-20-2019 12:56 PM

(In reply to the previous news thread, which TBH the ~20% Apex improvement alone is newsworthy...)

I was reading on anandtech that the difference is like this:

before the minimum pre rendered frames was 1, but if you go back a decade or so the drivers did at one point feature a '0' max prerendered frames. Not sure if there were compatibility issues or nvidia wanted something to keep in their back pocket for marketing purposes, but anyways the 'Ultra' setting = the old '0' 'On' = 1 and off = 1-3 depending on the developer/game.

It would be nice for someone to do some in-depth about how this setting ultimately affects frametimes and framepacing. Most people would assume frametime > framepacing but if there are other variances such as inconsistent mouse movements, perceivable stutters, etc. it may not be worth it at all.

I think to get the most out of something like this you would want to have your frames capped at a level your GPU can reasonably produce with something like rivatuner, and then set the max prerendered to 0 or 'ultra', that way you know you are being served frames within a certain timeframe and also that none of them are being held back to pace (which you don't need since it is already being artificially capped). If you are pinning your GPU 100% I would imagine this setting could become an issue.

Bart 08-20-2019 01:05 PM

These new drivers also FORCE you to install Geforce Experience, even if you don't want it. FYI. I wonder if that's part of Nvidiot's new "feature set".

WannaBeOCer 08-20-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bart (Post 28096080)
These new drivers also FORCE you to install Geforce Experience, even if you don't want it. FYI. I wonder if that's part of Nvidiot's new "feature set".

I don't see the problem with them forcing GFE. AMD's Radeon settings does the same exact thing(AMD's still has a bit more features like Wattman). AMD's drivers also have a ton of background processes if the users forget to opt out of their telemetry during the driver install. nVidia shouldn't force users to login to utilize it though.

The Pook 08-20-2019 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bart (Post 28096080)

Quote:

Originally Posted by WannaBeOCer (Post 28096096)
I don't see the problem with them forcing GFE. AMD's Radeon settings does the same exact thing(AMD's still has a bit more features like Wattman). AMD's drivers also have a ton of background processes if the users forget to opt out of their telemetry during the driver install. nVidia shouldn't force users to login to utilize it though.

put the tin foil hat brigade on pause for a minute, it's a bug and they took down the download links until they fix it :)

Quote:

Hey all. Just a quick note here on today's Game Ready Driver.

NVIDIA has found a bug in our recent 436.02 driver posting,
causing it to install GeForce Experience even if the user selects not to
install it.

We are pausing the driver download from the NVIDIA website while
we fix the issue. Users attempting to download the driver from the
NVIDIA website will receive a “404 – Not Found” message when attempting
to download.

If you have installed the driver and wish to uninstall GeForce
Experience, you can do so from the ‘Window System Settings: Add or
Remove programs’.

We apologize for the error and hope to have the fixed driver re-posted

criminal 08-20-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntuason (Post 28095548)
I’m seeing a 10-15 FPS increase in BFV not to bad.

Very nice.

Bart 08-20-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pook (Post 28096098)
put the tin foil hat brigade on pause for a minute, it's a bug and they took down the download links until they fix it :)

Awesome!

superhead91 08-20-2019 03:23 PM

Played one round of BFV to test it. FPS didn't seem to go up drastically, but it seemed to drop less.

WannaBeOCer 08-20-2019 03:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by superhead91 (Post 28096246)
Played one round of BFV to test it. FPS didn't seem to go up drastically, but it seemed to drop less.

Seems like Apex and Forza Horizon were the only 2 that received a decent boost. Curious if Pascal or Volta(Pretty sure volta did) also received similar boost in performance.