Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Video Game News (https://www.overclock.net/forum/227-video-game-news/)
-   -   [PCG] Baldur's Gate 3, everything we know (https://www.overclock.net/forum/227-video-game-news/1733048-pcg-baldurs-gate-3-everything-we-know.html)

guttheslayer 09-10-2019 04:20 AM

[PCG] Baldur's Gate 3, everything we know

https://www.pcgamer.com/baldurs-gate...thing-we-know/

Is anyone exciting for this? This is like return of one of the best RPG game ever.

Bad5ector 09-10-2019 04:48 AM

Never liked Baldur's Gate when it launched because I just didn't understand the type of game at the time, I was in high school and was more of a Diablo phat loot kinda guy. I have been playing the enhanced edition on Steam lately and really like it. Looking forward to this one for sure!

LancerVI 09-10-2019 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guttheslayer (Post 28121808)
https://www.pcgamer.com/baldurs-gate...thing-we-know/

Is anyone exciting for this? This is like return of one of the best RPG game ever.

Without question. Super excited.

Three things I love in PC Gaming: Simulators, Strategy/War Games and approximate tabletop RPGs. It's what makes PC gaming, PC Gaming.

I'm currently going through the main campaign for Neverwinter Nights: EE. I had forgotten how well done NWN done. Just tons of content and modules to try. It's absolutely fantastic.

I rarely buy games on launch. However, BG3 is a no doubt about it, will purchase, barring some catastrophe.

EDIT: even more hyped. Larian Studios is doing it. They are a fantastic RPG dev. In fact, I would say they are what bioware used to be.

Asmodian 09-10-2019 01:02 PM

BG 1&2 were formative for me... I played way too much BG1. I tried to play the enhanced editions recently but they are a bit too simple (and memorized) for me to play again with the same enjoyment. On a 55" 4K OLED the graphics are also a bit hard, I know graphics are not super important for these games but... it is still hard. :o

Seriously looking forward to BG3!

KCDC 09-10-2019 01:15 PM

The only Baldurs Gate I had played was Dark Alliance 2 because it was one of the few my girlfriend and I enjoyed playing together back then. I know it was nothing like the actual series. I did play (obsessively) a ton of Neverwinter Nights, NWN 2 and the expansions. Then the first Dragonage came out and I was hooked to that along with whatever NWN I was playing at the time.

I'm a huge fan of Divinity and am finally Getting into Original Sin 2, still on the Prison Island. Pretty excited for Baldurs Gate 3! Been following any news that comes out, but looks like we have to wait a while. It'll be worth the wait.

skupples 09-10-2019 06:15 PM

I was 10 when #1 came out, & it just never made its way into my rotation.

i expect a decent title with Larian being in control though.

Original sin 1 & 2 are both awesome. IdC about the massive differences.

guttheslayer 09-10-2019 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asmodian (Post 28122464)
BG 1&2 were formative for me... I played way too much BG1. I tried to play the enhanced editions recently but they are a bit too simple (and memorized) for me to play again with the same enjoyment. On a 55" 4K OLED the graphics are also a bit hard, I know graphics are not super important for these games but... it is still hard. :o

Seriously looking forward to BG3!

I am so glad there are so many fans here who share the same sentiment when it comes to classic RPG game.

BG define my love for PC game, I never get hooked into something so bad before in my life. I rmb back in 1999 i played this game over 6 times, and each time i discover new items and gears, such as Twinkle +5, and a extra full plate mail, or a Full Plate Mail +1 (which i didnt know even existed in the game until my last replay)

Ignoring the game play, even the story was so fantastic following the murderer of your character godfather, and your own special identity that comes with it (as a bhaalspawn).

Gunderman456 09-11-2019 12:14 PM

I think we got Baldur's Gate 3 with Dragon Age: Origins. I could be wrong though.

skupples 09-11-2019 12:37 PM

pretty sure they've been stuck @ 2 since Y2K

b.walker36 09-11-2019 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guttheslayer (Post 28123136)
I am so glad there are so many fans here who share the same sentiment when it comes to classic RPG game.

BG define my love for PC game, I never get hooked into something so bad before in my life. I rmb back in 1999 i played this game over 6 times, and each time i discover new items and gears, such as Twinkle +5, and a extra full plate mail, or a Full Plate Mail +1 (which i didnt know even existed in the game until my last replay)

Ignoring the game play, even the story was so fantastic following the murderer of your character godfather, and your own special identity that comes with it (as a bhaalspawn).

Isn't the only way to get twinkle to kill Drizzt which is impossible without cheats ( I totally did it and it was funny)