Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (https://www.overclock.net/forum/61-water-cooling/)
-   -   Old Crosair h100i. Unusally high temps (https://www.overclock.net/forum/61-water-cooling/1734228-old-crosair-h100i-unusally-high-temps.html)

bhsmurfy 10-05-2019 05:08 PM

Old Crosair h100i. Unusally high temps

Blockage or has all my water finally evaporated?
Got this baby when 4690k came out so its pretty old.

I feel i used to be aable to hit 4.7G @ 60c.

Now my temps are everywhere and i cant run cbench15 with out crashing. temps go to 90c fast.. then hit 100c.

15c difference in cores at time.
https://imgur.com/a/gPKnmkZ

About to go to ace hardware get some hose clamps and take it apart see how much water i got.

Push pull, ambient temp is like 13c-18c Sometimes 0c if i stick the rad in the window (live in cold as **** wyoming)

BroadPwns 10-05-2019 05:13 PM

Was it running ever since you bought it or had you put it in the attic for a while?

bhsmurfy 10-05-2019 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadPwns (Post 28150024)
Was it running ever since you bought it or had you put it in the attic for a while?

Always running. Intel braket is mounted correctectly. Ive done the washer method and without the washer method(a little jiggly backplate)

I've reapplied as5(only thing I can buy out of a store thats not 2hrs away) with the line method(as instructed by the instructions via as5 and my cpu) and pea method after the line didnt work.

skupples 10-05-2019 05:56 PM

something weird happens to the oily coolant inside of them. idk if it congeals or what, as I've never busted one open. However, my brother and I both had the same type of failure on our original H80 and H100 units (not i)

The Pook 10-05-2019 06:01 PM

old = ?

a year? 5? big difference. every AIO is going to fail eventually.

bhsmurfy 10-05-2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pook (Post 28150084)
old = ?

a year? 5? big difference. every AIO is going to fail eventually.

Possibly 7 years old.

BroadPwns 10-05-2019 06:17 PM

You've got liquid with chemicals inside, plus mechanical parts. They're bound to expire or fail after some worked period.

bhsmurfy 10-05-2019 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadPwns (Post 28150100)
You've got liquid with chemicals inside, plus mechanical parts. They're bound to expire or fail after some worked period.

Oh yeah I know. I didnt hear any air bubbles(when pumps start pushing air) tho so I was more concerned that I warped my IHS and maybe thats the reason?

Anyways I cut the black hoses removed the rad went and got some tubing and an fish tank pump.
Filled my old fish tank with rain-x and its on the porch keeping nice and cold (0c-10c) and connected it to the block. at least I was able to finish cinebench this time.. got max to 81c which im ok with this ghetto rig until i upgrade in november.(was hitting 104c and shutting off)

The fish tank pump isnt over working the pump in the crosair block and all flow is going same way. Figured I got 4ft of hose so needed a lil extra pump.

I just think i have a warped IHS on my 4690k and just cant get good contact.
Core1 is always around 30c while the other 3 or 16-19c with a 3%load. Core 2-4 also never go above 60c in cinebench so yeah. I unno.

Thanks for the reply.

Liquid inside was tinted yellow. No specks no gelation. I did take the block apart tho and noticed some lime build up maybe inside the cooperblock.

BroadPwns 10-06-2019 04:04 AM

You can delid your i5 too and replace the paste inside.

rluker5 10-06-2019 06:21 AM

If you warped your IHS, the whole cpu would be bent. You really can't warp it at the temps where your pcb wouldn't burn to a crisp. I had an old coolermaster aio (3 or 4 years old) half/mostly die. It started getting high temps like yours, I replaced it and everything was good again. I kept it around and tried using it on my daughter's computer. It worked again for a little bit and then started performing like yours again where it cooled at a fraction of it's previous potential. Also you seem like the type that would find delidding your 4690k worth it.