Overclock.net banner

Glorious PC Gaming Race Model D Revealed (Pics)

19K views 118 replies 34 participants last post by  ToTheSun! 
#1 ·
Not sure if these images were intentionally made public, since the mouse doesn't appear under the list on the Glorious website yet, but these pics are from this address: https://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/model-d

Looks like a Zowie EC style shape with split buttons. If Glorious continue to follow up their releases with a "minus version" as they have done for the Model O, I'm guessing the first Model D will be closer to an EC1 size (I hope this is true since I have large hands haha) and the D- will probably be closer to the EC2.

Anyway, here are the pics.

Attachments

See less See more
  • Rep+
Reactions: ToTheSun!
#47 ·
PC Case Gear here in Australia had the initial ETA as 20 December 2019, however it's been pushed back to early January now. My guess is it probably has been pushed back in some other countries too.

• Rep+
Reactions: SoFGR
#48 ·
Hi, is it closer to EC2 or EC1? Had both and my baseline is EC2, it is too small though. OTOH EC1's size is ok but for some reason it the upscaling makes it less comfortable to me. BadSeedTech says Model D can be fingertip or claw gripped, unlike EC1, thus it could be smaller, that's however speculation because he provides no measures.

#50 ·
Glorious have the dimensions listed on their website, and I also posted them earlier in the thread. Here they are again for your reference. To me, dimension-wise it seems to be closer to an EC1 size. But differences in shape can affect how your perceive the size of the mouse in your hand as well, and I haven't had it in hand yet so I can't say anything about that at this point in time.

https://www.pcgamingrace.com/blogs/news/glorious-model-d-dimensions

Attachments

#49 ·
I NEED the ~~model~~ D

#51 ·
Thanks, that clarifies the relative size quite a bit.

I had hoped BadseedTech would have posted measurements of his sample, but actually he never does that iirc. Moreover, I'm worried about the slope from the top to the right side, if it is too linear I fear it will feel like a Rival 600, which on paper is a big mouse, in reality not at all. I'll wait until someone who has both can comment on this aspect which is hardly captured by measurements.

#52 ·
No worries. :)

To be honest I don't really know of any YouTubers that go into the really fine measurements in mouse reviews, usually it's just the main three dimensions, with the exception of RJN who sometimes measures the width at the front, grip and rear. I would assume BadSeed Tech didn't quote the primary measurements because they're on the Glorious website, hopefully there will be more info soon with the release coming up. From memory he said that video wasn't going to be a proper review, but a first look, and that the full review would be out later.

I get what you're saying though, the dimensions don't tell the full story since shape can make a mouse feel larger or smaller in hand. I own the Rival 600 (it was my main for a good few months) so I can compare the two when I receive the Model D later next month. Currently the G-Wolves Skoll is the largest feeling mouse in my collection, with the exception of the Microsoft Intellimouse Pro. I find the Skoll to be the most comfortable too. So I'm interested to see if the Model D feels a bit larger than the Skoll in hand as well.

#53 · (Edited)
So I received an email stating "your model D is ready to order"? The email stated that a second email should have been sent to complete the order, but I haven't any other emails containing an invoice to complete the purchase.

Anyone receive the invoice to complete the order? I was wondering if this is just an issue I ran into or if other people are having the same problem.

*Edit* Their customer service is on top of things. I reached out to their support via email and received the invoice email relatively quick.

#57 ·
bought mine directly from Glorious and it hasn't shipped yet :(

#60 ·
Awesome in depth review by TPU, thanks for sharing. :)

I suspect you guys in the US will be getting your D's before me, I have the gloss white and matte black versions on order with PC Case Gear in Australia and their ETA is now something like the 24th, then there's gonna be a good few days of delivery time after that. I'm guessing I'll probably get them between the 29th and 31st.

Looking forward to it though, I've got a couple of custom paracords ready to install on them.

#64 · (Edited)
Glossy D will be ready in March

I'm very much hoping the D will be very close to EC1 size too. I main the Skoll currently and love it, but I'd like to try one that's just a tad bigger.
I use a hybrid grip in such a way that only the EC-1 was able to feel absolutely comfortable on my hand. Other mice came close, but that shape was just perfect. March release sucks!

#65 ·
Id like to thank glorious for giving us plastic sides instead of BS rubber "plates" thats glued on, or even rubber that goes all around like the Pro Intellimouse, at least with this WE can choose if we want to sand it down for preference, or add something like lizardskins if you want rubber there.

At least on the old IME 3.0, you could just scrub off the coating with the green side of a sponge..

#66 ·
I got a tracking number! Hasn't updated yet though.

#73 ·
You're not a good person.

#75 ·
PC Case gear in Australia received their shipment earlier than expected, my D's were shipped on Friday and were originally due today but the delivery guy must've decided he couldn't be bothered or something because the package just remained at the local depot all day and never went out for delivery. Fingers crossed for some D action tomorrow!

#76 ·
Glossy or matte?

#83 ·
Absolutely no one.

I HAVE RECEIVED THE D

...model D

After the package took a random trip back to Sydney yesterday my two Model Ds arrived today. I've tried to take a lot of photos including some with a ruler and others comparing it to the Skoll for anyone wondering about the size/shape differences. The D and the Skoll are very close actually, I'm not sure if one feels larger than the other in hand, even though the primary dimensions listed by Glorious suggest it should be larger.

The main buttons are good, pretty crisp clicks. There's no up and down free play on either of my copies, however the matte black copy has a tiiiiny bit of lateral wobble while the gloss white copy has none at all.

This is the first time I've gotten my hands on the new "ascended cable" and it is a huge improvement over the original IMO. I'd rank this the second best factory cable I've used, with the Skoll's factory cable coming in first. If you pull the slack in the paracord sleeve down toward the mouse end of the cable it actually feels pretty close to the G-Wolves cable.

The side buttons are good. I like them better than the side buttons on the Skoll, I think mostly because of the better button shape.

I will probably make some more comments once I've had some proper time gaming with it, and I've also got a couple of custom paracords to install on them. However if there's any specific mice people want to see pics of the D next to for size comparison, let me know and if I have that particular mouse I'll take some pics.
Thank you for the update and pics. Also, I hate you. Also, have some REP.

From your pics, it looks even more like my old EC-1 than it does on most reviews I've seen. I can't wait to hold one and see for myself. It's also great to know the cable is even better than the first version.

#81 ·
I HAVE RECEIVED THE D

...model D

After the package took a random trip back to Sydney yesterday my two Model Ds arrived today. I've tried to take a lot of photos including some with a ruler and others comparing it to the Skoll for anyone wondering about the size/shape differences. The D and the Skoll are very close actually, I'm not sure if one feels larger than the other in hand, even though the primary dimensions listed by Glorious suggest it should be larger.

The main buttons are good, pretty crisp clicks. There's no up and down free play on either of my copies, however the matte black copy has a tiiiiny bit of lateral wobble while the gloss white copy has none at all.

This is the first time I've gotten my hands on the new "ascended cable" and it is a huge improvement over the original IMO. I'd rank this the second best factory cable I've used, with the Skoll's factory cable coming in first. If you pull the slack in the paracord sleeve down toward the mouse end of the cable it actually feels pretty close to the G-Wolves cable.

The side buttons are good. I like them better than the side buttons on the Skoll, I think mostly because of the better button shape.

I will probably make some more comments once I've had some proper time gaming with it, and I've also got a couple of custom paracords to install on them. However if there's any specific mice people want to see pics of the D next to for size comparison, let me know and if I have that particular mouse I'll take some pics.

Attachments

• Rep+
Reactions: ToTheSun!
#85 ·
I took some photos of the inside while I was paracording and Lizard Skinning my black copy.

Attachments

#87 ·
That would have been a really cool feature! But nah I believe the white part under the M3 switch is just a longer base for the switch that makes it taller.

I've never tried any ASUS mice with the hot swap sockets. Having that as well as screws that aren't covered by mouse feet would be absolutely fantastic. Do those hot swap sockets alter the feel or sound of the switch? When I'm testing new switches in a mouse, I fit them to the PCB without soldering just to test how they feel, and even when it's a snug fit the sound and feel is sometimes slightly different once soldered in. If the hotswap sockets don't alter things too much that's awesome.

#88 ·
if the bracket is flush to the switch and not loose, it shouldnt change the switch feel or sound much, if any at all.

The white part on the image is actually the switch, which is linked to something that extends it further down, so black white black, the last black is what im talking about that looks like a bracket :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.