Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Mice (https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-mice/)
-   -   Glorious PC Gaming Race Model D Revealed (Pics) (https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-mice/1735472-glorious-pc-gaming-race-model-d-revealed-pics.html)

James N 10-30-2019 12:01 PM

In before people complain about that hole pattern, saying "they could have saved 1.2g ***"

Zammin 10-30-2019 07:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now officially announced, with a little more info. Releasing in December, weight is 69g. I think that's pretty much what we were expecting though. https://www.pcgamingrace.com/blogs/n...enting-model-d

If this is around the size of the EC1 it may replace my Skoll as my main. Similar weight, no holes in the sides, maybe better clicks if they feel like the Model O. Looking forward to more details

NexusRed 10-30-2019 08:08 PM

Kind of looks like the Model 0 mixed with the G403. I like it!

ToTheSun! 10-31-2019 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zammin (Post 28177036)
If this is around the size of the EC1 it may replace my Skoll as my main.

I was planning on buying the Skoll, but ultimately decided that I should just hold out for Glorious because ain't no one got time for matte coatings. This is EXACTLY what I have been waiting for since my glossy EC-1 evo. It's been YEARS, and it's finally happened!

The model O has been a great way to experience lightweight glossy in the meantime, and I can't say I've disliked the shape, but it's going straight into the drawer with the other mice as soon as I'm able to buy this bad boy.

This is UNIRONICALLY endgame for me. And I'm happy that all of the mistakes they made with the O and O- are being corrected for the D.

Zammin 10-31-2019 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheSun! (Post 28177204)
I was planning on buying the Skoll, but ultimately decided that I should just hold out for Glorious because ain't no one got time for matte coatings. This is EXACTLY what I have been waiting for since my glossy EC-1 evo. It's been YEARS, and it's finally happened!

The model O has been a great way to experience lightweight glossy in the meantime, and I can't say I've disliked the shape, but it's going straight into the drawer with the other mice as soon as I'm able to buy this bad boy.

This is UNIRONICALLY endgame for me. And I'm happy that all of the mistakes they made with the O and O- are being corrected for the D.

Yeah man it looks very promising going by the pics. Looking forward to finding out it's dimensions. I'm glad we're getting more lightweight ergo shapes now.

The Skoll is still a good mouse IMO, the rough matte coating isn't bad but yes I do agree the coatings on the Model O were nicer. They did get a lot of things right with the Skoll though. Popular shape, very light, 3360, amazing cable (easily the best stock cable currently), relatively decent software and on-board storage that remembers ALL your settings (unlike some Razer stuff that only remembers DPI settings) and all the extra stuff you get with the mouse.

However my issue after buying both the Skoll and the Hati is the high prices and no RMA for quality control issues. My Skoll had a loose M2 (pretravel) and my Hati's buttons are both atrociously loose (LOTS of vertical freeplay). I can fix these issues but the mice cost over $100 AUD to buy from x-raypad and for that price you shouldn't have to fix the mouse yourself.

I know some people had loose button issues with the Model O and it's possible that issue will pop up again on the Model D, but at least you can get a replacement if this happens with Glorious. In Australia most retailers will replace it for you. If the price is the same as the Model O it will be cheaper than buying a Skoll as well, so the Skoll may become a hard sell once this is available worldwide.

Zammin 11-01-2019 06:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Glorious are claiming an improved cable over the Model O. Hopefully it's more like a paracord rather than a shoelace now, something like what G-wolves are doing with their cables would be great.

Driller au 11-04-2019 02:54 AM

The only problem i am having with the O is sometimes my thumb rolls over the mouse 4 button and triggers it when gaming, this mouse looks like it might fix that problem

e4stw00t 11-04-2019 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zammin (Post 28179562)
Glorious are claiming an improved cable over the Model O. Hopefully it's more like a paracord rather than a shoelace now, something like what G-wolves are doing with their cables would be great.

It will be their updated cable, also included in the latest Model O batch:

"This Model O batch will include our updated Ascended Cable, which features a tighter weave and a flexible cable connector."

https://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/ascended-cable

Personally I like the approach to implement improvements as fairly constant, rolling changes instead of waiting a year or two and incorporate improvements in a successor model only.

Zammin 11-04-2019 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e4stw00t (Post 28182574)
It will be their updated cable, also included in the latest Model O batch:

"This Model O batch will include our updated Ascended Cable, which features a tighter weave and a flexible cable connector."

https://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/ascended-cable

Personally I like the approach to implement improvements as fairly constant, rolling changes instead of waiting a year or two and incorporate improvements in a successor model only.

Oh cool, I didn't know they changed the cable on the Model O. Mine's from the 1st batch haha. Have you used the new cable? If so, what's it like?

e4stw00t 11-04-2019 03:43 AM

Mine is from the second batch which also still holds the initial version.

The new one is present from current batch on forward, but in case you buy from a third party retailers, you might still get stock from previous batches (with the old cable).