Overclock.net banner

Glorious PC Gaming Race Model D Revealed (Pics)

19K views 118 replies 34 participants last post by  ToTheSun! 
#1 ·
Not sure if these images were intentionally made public, since the mouse doesn't appear under the list on the Glorious website yet, but these pics are from this address: https://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/model-d

Looks like a Zowie EC style shape with split buttons. If Glorious continue to follow up their releases with a "minus version" as they have done for the Model O, I'm guessing the first Model D will be closer to an EC1 size (I hope this is true since I have large hands haha) and the D- will probably be closer to the EC2.

Anyway, here are the pics.

Attachments

See less See more
  • Rep+
Reactions: ToTheSun!
#2 ·
YAS

#5 ·
Pretty thick.

#9 ·
This looks really good for those who like ergo mice. I like how they brought the holes onto my M1/M2 as well.

Yeah, the Model O has replaced my beloved FK, I don't see any reason to buy their mice unless you're wanting something very specific.
I figured the holes would bother me but they don't and my palm no longer gets sweaty. A win/win.

#12 ·
Now officially announced, with a little more info. Releasing in December, weight is 69g. I think that's pretty much what we were expecting though. https://www.pcgamingrace.com/blogs/news/presenting-model-d

If this is around the size of the EC1 it may replace my Skoll as my main. Similar weight, no holes in the sides, maybe better clicks if they feel like the Model O. Looking forward to more details

Attachments

#14 · (Edited)
If this is around the size of the EC1 it may replace my Skoll as my main.
I was planning on buying the Skoll, but ultimately decided that I should just hold out for Glorious because ain't no one got time for matte coatings. This is EXACTLY what I have been waiting for since my glossy EC-1 evo. It's been YEARS, and it's finally happened!

The model O has been a great way to experience lightweight glossy in the meantime, and I can't say I've disliked the shape, but it's going straight into the drawer with the other mice as soon as I'm able to buy this bad boy.

This is UNIRONICALLY endgame for me. And I'm happy that all of the mistakes they made with the O and O- are being corrected for the D.

#16 ·
Glorious are claiming an improved cable over the Model O. Hopefully it's more like a paracord rather than a shoelace now, something like what G-wolves are doing with their cables would be great.

Attachments

#18 ·
It will be their updated cable, also included in the latest Model O batch:

"This Model O batch will include our updated Ascended Cable, which features a tighter weave and a flexible cable connector."

https://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/ascended-cable

Personally I like the approach to implement improvements as fairly constant, rolling changes instead of waiting a year or two and incorporate improvements in a successor model only.

#17 ·
The only problem i am having with the O is sometimes my thumb rolls over the mouse 4 button and triggers it when gaming, this mouse looks like it might fix that problem

#21 ·
I didn't see this line of text in their advertising before, just noticed it now lmao. "Your hands will love the Glorious D."

Now I'm starting to think that hole pattern was intentional haha

#25 ·
#24 ·
I've been through 3 G502s and have been looking for a non-Logitech replacement that I like and kept coming up empty handed, the O looked nice but it looks too small. Hoping the D is bigger (lol) and solves that issue, I'm probably going to pick one up.

Plus then I can make lame jokes about the D and no one can stop me.

• Rep+
Reactions: SoFGR
#26 ·
Can we get a HALLELUJAH in here?

• Rep+
Reactions: The Pook and SoFGR
#27 ·
Looks like you'll get additional big skates like the G-Wolves Skoll gives you to go in between the standard ones. Also more D jokes lol.

Attachments

#30 ·
#31 ·
After seeing Badseed Tech's video I am tempted to pre-order one. Kinda wanted to wait for a D- as I tend to prefer smaller mice relative to my hand size but if the D feels in actual use not as large as an EC1, I might give it a try.

Also hope the (apparent) further improvement in M1/M2 side play make it into the O series as well!

#34 · (Edited)
ui, glorious is selling the ASCENDED CABLE ( 19.99$ , 8 colours, incl. 1x skatez ) ...
it's the new Cable , from the new Batch of the O & O- , and the D ...
https://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/ascended-cable
incl. Stressrelief , Tutorial Video is linked on their page
Edit:
NOTE: OPENING THE GLORIOUS MODEL O/O-/D MOUSE TO INSTALL OUR ASCENDED CABLE WILL NOT VOID THE WARRANTY, SO LONG AS YOU FOLLOW GIVEN INSTRUCTIONS. MODIFYING YOUR MOUSE IN ANY OTHER WAY WHILE IT IS OPEN WILL STILL VOID IT.

#35 ·
it's only $5 to reserve one when they launch and the $5 is discounted from the purchase price (and it's refundable if you change your mind) so I went ahead and reserved one yesterday when it opened up.

can't wait for all the D jokes I can make

• Rep+
Reactions: Dhoulmagus
#36 ·
I'm interested in this one too. Getting a 404 on the OP link. What's the final price tag going to be on this mouse?

• Rep+
Reactions: The Pook
#43 ·
Think I'm finally going to upgrade from my EC2-A now that this exists, only concern is if that right click is going to like my ring finger where it rests and not rub against it.

Out of the Xtrfy M4, Roccat Kone Pure Ultra, and this I think I could be happy with any one but this definitely has the closest EC2-A shape. I do like how the Roccat manages to be slightly lighter without being full of open holes though. Don't know if I'd like either of their shapes as much though or the holes on the sides of the Xtrfy and if I'm being petty the Roccat doesn't have separate clicks and is owned by the abomination that is Turtle Beach

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.