Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Mice (https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-mice/)
-   -   Glorious PC Gaming Race Model D Revealed (Pics) (https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-mice/1735472-glorious-pc-gaming-race-model-d-revealed-pics.html)

Zammin 10-30-2019 04:55 AM

Glorious PC Gaming Race Model D Revealed (Pics)

5 Attachment(s)
Not sure if these images were intentionally made public, since the mouse doesn't appear under the list on the Glorious website yet, but these pics are from this address: https://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/model-d

Looks like a Zowie EC style shape with split buttons. If Glorious continue to follow up their releases with a "minus version" as they have done for the Model O, I'm guessing the first Model D will be closer to an EC1 size (I hope this is true since I have large hands haha) and the D- will probably be closer to the EC2.

Anyway, here are the pics.

ToTheSun! 10-30-2019 05:55 AM

YAS

frunction 10-30-2019 06:21 AM

Nice. hole pattern.

CorruptBE 10-30-2019 06:31 AM

Almost looks like PC Gaming Race is filling the void Zowie left after not adopting the 3360 sensor in all their shapes :p

ToTheSun! 10-30-2019 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frunction (Post 28176044)
Nice. hole pattern.

Pretty thick.

Zammin 10-30-2019 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frunction (Post 28176044)
Nice. hole pattern.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheSun! (Post 28176114)
Pretty thick.

Hahaha I totally didn't notice that. It truly is the Model "D" after all.

James N 10-30-2019 09:27 AM

Well as soon as the Model "ZA" comes out thats it for me then. I hope its gonna be the Model "I".

trhead 10-30-2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zammin (Post 28176130)
Hahaha I totally didn't notice that. It truly is the Model "D" after all.

How do they even notice something like that. Dirty boys :D

Pendulum 10-30-2019 09:50 AM

This looks really good for those who like ergo mice. I like how they brought the holes onto my M1/M2 as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorruptBE (Post 28176054)
Almost looks like PC Gaming Race is filling the void Zowie left after not adopting the 3360 sensor in all their shapes :p

Yeah, the Model O has replaced my beloved FK, I don't see any reason to buy their mice unless you're wanting something very specific.
I figured the holes would bother me but they don't and my palm no longer gets sweaty. A win/win.

mefxes 10-30-2019 11:43 AM

lol
that hole pattern

And I thought the only design mistake would be the open sided main buttons lol

James N 10-30-2019 12:01 PM

In before people complain about that hole pattern, saying "they could have saved 1.2g ***"

Zammin 10-30-2019 07:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now officially announced, with a little more info. Releasing in December, weight is 69g. I think that's pretty much what we were expecting though. https://www.pcgamingrace.com/blogs/n...enting-model-d

If this is around the size of the EC1 it may replace my Skoll as my main. Similar weight, no holes in the sides, maybe better clicks if they feel like the Model O. Looking forward to more details

NexusRed 10-30-2019 08:08 PM

Kind of looks like the Model 0 mixed with the G403. I like it!

ToTheSun! 10-31-2019 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zammin (Post 28177036)
If this is around the size of the EC1 it may replace my Skoll as my main.

I was planning on buying the Skoll, but ultimately decided that I should just hold out for Glorious because ain't no one got time for matte coatings. This is EXACTLY what I have been waiting for since my glossy EC-1 evo. It's been YEARS, and it's finally happened!

The model O has been a great way to experience lightweight glossy in the meantime, and I can't say I've disliked the shape, but it's going straight into the drawer with the other mice as soon as I'm able to buy this bad boy.

This is UNIRONICALLY endgame for me. And I'm happy that all of the mistakes they made with the O and O- are being corrected for the D.

Zammin 10-31-2019 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheSun! (Post 28177204)
I was planning on buying the Skoll, but ultimately decided that I should just hold out for Glorious because ain't no one got time for matte coatings. This is EXACTLY what I have been waiting for since my glossy EC-1 evo. It's been YEARS, and it's finally happened!

The model O has been a great way to experience lightweight glossy in the meantime, and I can't say I've disliked the shape, but it's going straight into the drawer with the other mice as soon as I'm able to buy this bad boy.

This is UNIRONICALLY endgame for me. And I'm happy that all of the mistakes they made with the O and O- are being corrected for the D.

Yeah man it looks very promising going by the pics. Looking forward to finding out it's dimensions. I'm glad we're getting more lightweight ergo shapes now.

The Skoll is still a good mouse IMO, the rough matte coating isn't bad but yes I do agree the coatings on the Model O were nicer. They did get a lot of things right with the Skoll though. Popular shape, very light, 3360, amazing cable (easily the best stock cable currently), relatively decent software and on-board storage that remembers ALL your settings (unlike some Razer stuff that only remembers DPI settings) and all the extra stuff you get with the mouse.

However my issue after buying both the Skoll and the Hati is the high prices and no RMA for quality control issues. My Skoll had a loose M2 (pretravel) and my Hati's buttons are both atrociously loose (LOTS of vertical freeplay). I can fix these issues but the mice cost over $100 AUD to buy from x-raypad and for that price you shouldn't have to fix the mouse yourself.

I know some people had loose button issues with the Model O and it's possible that issue will pop up again on the Model D, but at least you can get a replacement if this happens with Glorious. In Australia most retailers will replace it for you. If the price is the same as the Model O it will be cheaper than buying a Skoll as well, so the Skoll may become a hard sell once this is available worldwide.

Zammin 11-01-2019 06:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Glorious are claiming an improved cable over the Model O. Hopefully it's more like a paracord rather than a shoelace now, something like what G-wolves are doing with their cables would be great.

Driller au 11-04-2019 02:54 AM

The only problem i am having with the O is sometimes my thumb rolls over the mouse 4 button and triggers it when gaming, this mouse looks like it might fix that problem

e4stw00t 11-04-2019 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zammin (Post 28179562)
Glorious are claiming an improved cable over the Model O. Hopefully it's more like a paracord rather than a shoelace now, something like what G-wolves are doing with their cables would be great.

It will be their updated cable, also included in the latest Model O batch:

"This Model O batch will include our updated Ascended Cable, which features a tighter weave and a flexible cable connector."

https://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/ascended-cable

Personally I like the approach to implement improvements as fairly constant, rolling changes instead of waiting a year or two and incorporate improvements in a successor model only.

Zammin 11-04-2019 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e4stw00t (Post 28182574)
It will be their updated cable, also included in the latest Model O batch:

"This Model O batch will include our updated Ascended Cable, which features a tighter weave and a flexible cable connector."

Personally I like the approach to implement improvements as fairly constant, rolling changes instead of waiting a year or two and incorporate improvements in a successor model only.

Oh cool, I didn't know they changed the cable on the Model O. Mine's from the 1st batch haha. Have you used the new cable? If so, what's it like?

e4stw00t 11-04-2019 03:43 AM

Mine is from the second batch which also still holds the initial version.

The new one is present from current batch on forward, but in case you buy from a third party retailers, you might still get stock from previous batches (with the old cable).

Zammin 11-05-2019 01:14 AM

I didn't see this line of text in their advertising before, just noticed it now lmao. "Your hands will love the Glorious D."

Now I'm starting to think that hole pattern was intentional haha

mefxes 11-12-2019 10:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)

trhead 11-12-2019 11:49 AM

Will wait for D-

This one looks too chunky

The Pook 11-12-2019 11:57 AM

I've been through 3 G502s and have been looking for a non-Logitech replacement that I like and kept coming up empty handed, the O looked nice but it looks too small. Hoping the D is bigger (lol) and solves that issue, I'm probably going to pick one up.

Plus then I can make lame jokes about the D and no one can stop me.

Zammin 11-12-2019 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mefxes (Post 28193848)

Beat me to it haha. This is looking like exactly what I wanted! Very close to the EC1 dimensions. I suppose the Model D- will be very close to the EC2. Can't wait!

That line at the bottom, "We wanted you to know how big the D is." Hahaha :D

https://www.pcgamingrace.com/blogs/n...l-d-dimensions

ToTheSun! 11-13-2019 01:37 AM

Can we get a HALLELUJAH in here?

Zammin 11-14-2019 06:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like you'll get additional big skates like the G-Wolves Skoll gives you to go in between the standard ones. Also more D jokes lol.

bhsmurfy 11-14-2019 07:50 PM

I miss my 7 button Intelimouse

nlse 11-18-2019 10:31 AM

Zammin 11-18-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlse (Post 28201046)

Hell yeah, love Badseed Tech's videos. They're up on PC Case Gear for pre-order with an ETA of 20/12/2019 now. Same pricing as Model O, $79 AUD for matte, $89 AUD for gloss. Gonna order a gloss white one.

e4stw00t 11-19-2019 12:06 AM

After seeing Badseed Tech's video I am tempted to pre-order one. Kinda wanted to wait for a D- as I tend to prefer smaller mice relative to my hand size but if the D feels in actual use not as large as an EC1, I might give it a try.

Also hope the (apparent) further improvement in M1/M2 side play make it into the O series as well!

James N 11-19-2019 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e4stw00t (Post 28202056)
After seeing Badseed Tech's video I am tempted to pre-order one. Kinda wanted to wait for a D- as I tend to prefer smaller mice relative to my hand size but if the D feels in actual use not as large as an EC1, I might give it a try.

Also hope the (apparent) further improvement in M1/M2 side play make it into the O series as well!

Chances are the D- is gonna be smaller than the EC2 judging by how tiny the O- is (if zowie made it it would have been named the FK3). So if you are fine with a mouse smaller than the EC2 wait, if not, get the D.

Avalar 11-19-2019 02:03 PM

Hell yeah I'll reserve the D.

Klopfer 11-19-2019 03:26 PM

ui, glorious is selling the ASCENDED CABLE ( 19.99$ , 8 colours, incl. 1x skatez ) ...
it's the new Cable , from the new Batch of the O & O- , and the D ...
incl. Stressrelief , Tutorial Video is linked on their page
Edit:
NOTE: OPENING THE GLORIOUS MODEL O/O-/D MOUSE TO INSTALL OUR ASCENDED CABLE WILL NOT VOID THE WARRANTY, SO LONG AS YOU FOLLOW GIVEN INSTRUCTIONS. MODIFYING YOUR MOUSE IN ANY OTHER WAY WHILE IT IS OPEN WILL STILL VOID IT.

The Pook 11-19-2019 03:52 PM

it's only $5 to reserve one when they launch and the $5 is discounted from the purchase price (and it's refundable if you change your mind) so I went ahead and reserved one yesterday when it opened up.

can't wait for all the D jokes I can make

Serious_Don 11-19-2019 04:19 PM

I'm interested in this one too. Getting a 404 on the OP link. What's the final price tag going to be on this mouse?

Klopfer 11-19-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serious_Don (Post 28202962)
I'm interested in this one too. Getting a 404 on the OP link. What's the final price tag going to be on this mouse?

Matte ( Black&White ) $49.99
Glossy ( Black&White ) $59.99
68grams (Matte) and 69 grams (Glossy)
Edit:
German ( maybe EU Price ) on caseking ( official Retailer )
Matte €54.90
Glossy €59.90
and caseking also wrote a Date ... 16.12.2019 ( expected )

Avalar 11-19-2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klopfer (Post 28202894)
ui, glorious is selling the ASCENDED CABLE ( 19.99$ , 8 colours, incl. 1x skatez ) ...
it's the new Cable , from the new Batch of the O & O- , and the D ...
incl. Stressrelief , Tutorial Video is linked on their page
Edit:
NOTE: OPENING THE GLORIOUS MODEL O/O-/D MOUSE TO INSTALL OUR ASCENDED CABLE WILL NOT VOID THE WARRANTY, SO LONG AS YOU FOLLOW GIVEN INSTRUCTIONS. MODIFYING YOUR MOUSE IN ANY OTHER WAY WHILE IT IS OPEN WILL STILL VOID IT.

Can anyone confirm if their cable is as good as paracord? Otherwise, I'll order one ahead of time.

Klopfer 11-19-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalar (Post 28203014)
Can anyone confirm if their cable is as good as paracord? Otherwise, I'll order one ahead of time.

I didnt used both ...

Avalar 11-19-2019 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klopfer (Post 28203022)

No Paracord/Ascended cable comparison ;-; But thanks for the vid. Missed that one.

e4stw00t 11-20-2019 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James N (Post 28202326)
Chances are the D- is gonna be smaller than the EC2 judging by how tiny the O- is (if zowie made it it would have been named the FK3). So if you are fine with a mouse smaller than the EC2 wait, if not, get the D.

Yeah that's my assumption as well - I had the O- for a brief moment as the O was a bit to long for my personal preference however the O- turned out way too narrow for me.

Since I prefer the EC2 size, I initially expected a D- to be the logic fit for me but after listening to Badseed and adding my experience of O vs O-, the regular D might be better suited.
Will give it a try regardless I guess.

James N 11-20-2019 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e4stw00t (Post 28203378)
Yeah that's my assumption as well - I had the O- for a brief moment as the O was a bit to long for my personal preference however the O- turned out way too narrow for me.

Since I prefer the EC2 size, I initially expected a D- to be the logic fit for me but after listening to Badseed and adding my experience of O vs O-, the regular D might be better suited.
Will give it a try regardless I guess.

Let me know how it works out for you, once you have it.

Dreamic 12-15-2019 11:14 PM

Think I'm finally going to upgrade from my EC2-A now that this exists, only concern is if that right click is going to like my ring finger where it rests and not rub against it.

Out of the Xtrfy M4, Roccat Kone Pure Ultra, and this I think I could be happy with any one but this definitely has the closest EC2-A shape. I do like how the Roccat manages to be slightly lighter without being full of open holes though. Don't know if I'd like either of their shapes as much though or the holes on the sides of the Xtrfy and if I'm being petty the Roccat doesn't have separate clicks and is owned by the abomination that is Turtle Beach

SoFGR 12-18-2019 01:42 AM

Availability: 0 st in stock
Incoming: 2020-01-21

https://www.maxgaming.com/gaming-mic...ng-mouse-black

(pre)order cancelled ...

e4stw00t 12-18-2019 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoFGR (Post 28242720)
Availability: 0 st in stock
Incoming: 2020-01-21
https://www.maxgaming.com/gaming-mic...ng-mouse-black
(pre)order cancelled ...

So you cancelled your order because a mouse that is set to be released in Europe in January is available in ...January?!?

SoFGR 12-18-2019 02:41 PM

I thought that the global launch date was supposed to be late December not mid January, caseking is expecting the D 1 week earlier anyway ... https://www.caseking.de/en/glorious-...-gamo-836.html

Zammin 12-18-2019 06:50 PM

PC Case Gear here in Australia had the initial ETA as 20 December 2019, however it's been pushed back to early January now. My guess is it probably has been pushed back in some other countries too.

sandywind 12-21-2019 06:27 AM

Hi, is it closer to EC2 or EC1? Had both and my baseline is EC2, it is too small though. OTOH EC1's size is ok but for some reason it the upscaling makes it less comfortable to me. BadSeedTech says Model D can be fingertip or claw gripped, unlike EC1, thus it could be smaller, that's however speculation because he provides no measures.

Awsan 12-21-2019 06:47 AM

I NEED the ~~model~~ D

Zammin 12-21-2019 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandywind (Post 28247224)
Hi, is it closer to EC2 or EC1? Had both and my baseline is EC2, it is too small though. OTOH EC1's size is ok but for some reason it the upscaling makes it less comfortable to me. BadSeedTech says Model D can be fingertip or claw gripped, unlike EC1, thus it could be smaller, that's however speculation because he provides no measures.

Glorious have the dimensions listed on their website, and I also posted them earlier in the thread. Here they are again for your reference. To me, dimension-wise it seems to be closer to an EC1 size. But differences in shape can affect how your perceive the size of the mouse in your hand as well, and I haven't had it in hand yet so I can't say anything about that at this point in time.

https://www.pcgamingrace.com/blogs/n...l-d-dimensions

sandywind 12-29-2019 04:27 AM

Thanks, that clarifies the relative size quite a bit.

I had hoped BadseedTech would have posted measurements of his sample, but actually he never does that iirc. Moreover, I'm worried about the slope from the top to the right side, if it is too linear I fear it will feel like a Rival 600, which on paper is a big mouse, in reality not at all. I'll wait until someone who has both can comment on this aspect which is hardly captured by measurements.

Zammin 12-29-2019 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandywind (Post 28256348)
Thanks, that clarifies the relative size quite a bit.

I had hoped BadseedTech would have posted measurements of his sample, but actually he never does that iirc. Moreover, I'm worried about the slope from the top to the right side, if it is too linear I fear it will feel like a Rival 600, which on paper is a big mouse, in reality not at all. I'll wait until someone who has both can comment on this aspect which is hardly captured by measurements.

No worries. :)

To be honest I don't really know of any YouTubers that go into the really fine measurements in mouse reviews, usually it's just the main three dimensions, with the exception of RJN who sometimes measures the width at the front, grip and rear. I would assume BadSeed Tech didn't quote the primary measurements because they're on the Glorious website, hopefully there will be more info soon with the release coming up. From memory he said that video wasn't going to be a proper review, but a first look, and that the full review would be out later.

I get what you're saying though, the dimensions don't tell the full story since shape can make a mouse feel larger or smaller in hand. I own the Rival 600 (it was my main for a good few months) so I can compare the two when I receive the Model D later next month. Currently the G-Wolves Skoll is the largest feeling mouse in my collection, with the exception of the Microsoft Intellimouse Pro. I find the Skoll to be the most comfortable too. So I'm interested to see if the Model D feels a bit larger than the Skoll in hand as well.

LOKI23NY 01-07-2020 07:38 AM

So I received an email stating "your model D is ready to order"? The email stated that a second email should have been sent to complete the order, but I haven't any other emails containing an invoice to complete the purchase.

Anyone receive the invoice to complete the order? I was wondering if this is just an issue I ran into or if other people are having the same problem.

*Edit* Their customer service is on top of things. I reached out to their support via email and received the invoice email relatively quick.

Biggu 01-08-2020 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOKI23NY (Post 28270728)
So I received an email stating "your model D is ready to order"? The email stated that a second email should have been sent to complete the order, but I haven't any other emails containing an invoice to complete the purchase.

Anyone receive the invoice to complete the order? I was wondering if this is just an issue I ran into or if other people are having the same problem.

*Edit* Their customer service is on top of things. I reached out to their support via email and received the invoice email relatively quick.

Saw they took care of you but just wanted to say yes I did get my initial email for my reservation.

SoFGR 01-14-2020 10:12 AM

ok show hands ... who wants the D ?

:D

corediggr 01-14-2020 12:30 PM

Hype

Just received my shipping notice. Ordered from caseking
D.de

The Pook 01-14-2020 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corediggr (Post 28283240)
Hype

Just received my shipping notice. Ordered from caseking
D.de

bought mine directly from Glorious and it hasn't shipped yet :(

trhead 01-14-2020 12:46 PM

Zy's review. Seems like a good mouse.

Axaion 01-14-2020 08:16 PM

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/glorious-model-d/ Actual good review up, This guy gives us some good info and internal pics! :) All praise good reviewers like pzogel

Zammin 01-14-2020 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axaion (Post 28283926)
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/glorious-model-d/ Actual good review up, This guy gives us some good info and internal pics! :) All praise good reviewers like pzogel

Awesome in depth review by TPU, thanks for sharing. :)

I suspect you guys in the US will be getting your D's before me, I have the gloss white and matte black versions on order with PC Case Gear in Australia and their ETA is now something like the 24th, then there's gonna be a good few days of delivery time after that. I'm guessing I'll probably get them between the 29th and 31st.

Looking forward to it though, I've got a couple of custom paracords ready to install on them.

ToTheSun! 01-15-2020 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zammin (Post 28284072)
I suspect you guys in the US will be getting your D's before me, I have the gloss white and matte black versions on order with PC Case Gear in Australia and their ETA is now something like the 24th, then there's gonna be a good few days of delivery time after that. I'm guessing I'll probably get them between the 29th and 31st.

Caseking PT is estimating March on their website. I hope it's not THAT late... I didn't pre-order this time, like I did for the Model O, because Glorious said they'd have enough stock to go around anyway. It's hardly looking that way so far.

NO, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. I NEED THIS MOUSE, MAN. IT'S UNIRONICALLY MY ENDGAME (well built EC-1).

Zammin 01-15-2020 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheSun! (Post 28284304)
Caseking PT is estimating March on their website. I hope it's not THAT late... I didn't pre-order this time, like I did for the Model O, because Glorious said they'd have enough stock to go around anyway. It's hardly looking that way so far.

NO, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. I NEED THIS MOUSE, MAN. IT'S UNIRONICALLY MY ENDGAME (well built EC-1).

God damn, yeah March seems pretty late especially for a big outlet like Caseking. Hopefully it turns out to be early Feb over there, which seems more reasonable.

I'm very much hoping the D will be very close to EC1 size too. I main the Skoll currently and love it, but I'd like to try one that's just a tad bigger. Contrary to the current demand for smaller mice, I actually enjoy using larger ones. The dimensions point toward it being very close to the EC1 however after watching the reviews on YT this morning some of them said it felt smaller in hand.

Guess I'll find out at the end of the month! I guess even if it ends up being about the same size in hand as the Skoll, it has it's other advantages such as split main buttons, less pre and post travel, better side buttons and probably better build quality. Not to mention the gloss coating options which is a plus for us dry hand people lel.

Fr3ak 01-15-2020 06:55 AM

Glossy D will be ready in March, after Chinese New Year. The first shipment of matte Ds arrived this week in Germany and are on the way across Europe.

ToTheSun! 01-15-2020 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr3ak (Post 28284426)
Glossy D will be ready in March

https://media.giphy.com/media/12XMGIWtrHBl5e/source.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zammin (Post 28284420)
I'm very much hoping the D will be very close to EC1 size too. I main the Skoll currently and love it, but I'd like to try one that's just a tad bigger.

I use a hybrid grip in such a way that only the EC-1 was able to feel absolutely comfortable on my hand. Other mice came close, but that shape was just perfect. March release sucks!

Axaion 01-15-2020 07:56 AM

Id like to thank glorious for giving us plastic sides instead of BS rubber "plates" thats glued on, or even rubber that goes all around like the Pro Intellimouse, at least with this WE can choose if we want to sand it down for preference, or add something like lizardskins if you want rubber there.

At least on the old IME 3.0, you could just scrub off the coating with the green side of a sponge..

The Pook 01-15-2020 11:25 AM

I got a tracking number! Hasn't updated yet though.

sandywind 01-15-2020 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zammin (Post 28256370)
Currently the G-Wolves Skoll is the largest feeling mouse in my collection, with the exception of the Microsoft Intellimouse Pro. I find the Skoll to be the most comfortable too. So I'm interested to see if the Model D feels a bit larger than the Skoll in hand as well.

I find it really interesting that you're feeling the Skoll as the largest because I've always thought the Deathadder was by far the largest of all popular mice. Now with the Deathadder elite v2 on sale, 80g and one of my favourite shapes, I'm wondering, do you own the DA and could you compare it with the Model D and the Skoll? There's a minor difference between DA Elite and DA Elite v2 in the front right section, which should not change the outcome.

Zammin 01-15-2020 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandywind (Post 28284882)
I find it really interesting that you're feeling the Skoll as the largest because I've always thought the Deathadder was by far the largest of all popular mice. Now with the Deathadder elite v2 on sale, 80g and one of my favourite shapes, I'm wondering, do you own the DA and could you compare it with the Model D and the Skoll? There's a minor difference between DA Elite and DA Elite v2 in the front right section, which should not change the outcome.

Yep I've got two Deathadder Elites, they are big mice and based on the three main dimensions they are bigger than the Skoll on paper, but to me the DAE feels like a flatter mouse for some reason and the Skoll's shape seems to fill the hand more, so to speak. I can get a better grip on the Skoll than I can on the DAE.

It could also be the way I grip my mouse, others might feel like the DAE is bigger. But to me the Skoll is a much more comfortable and natural shape.

Klopfer 01-15-2020 08:55 PM

DA has a too "sharp" Hump for me ... IE3.0 , EC Series , Skoll , Model D are more rounded , smoother defined ...

e4stw00t 01-16-2020 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klopfer (Post 28285790)
DA has a too "sharp" Hump for me ... IE3.0 , EC Series , Skoll , Model D are more rounded , smoother defined ...

Seems they changed the hump on the new DA model to be less distinct, which makes the shape overall less polarizing - at least was mentioned in a couple of review videos I have seen.

Axaion 01-16-2020 04:09 AM

Huh, i head they changed the flare on the right side of the DA2, as well. - so its much less extreme and more straight

corediggr 01-16-2020 11:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My D vs O- (both glossy)

ToTheSun! 01-16-2020 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corediggr (Post 28286756)
My D vs O- (both glossy)

You're not a good person.

mouse_pro 01-19-2020 08:56 PM

I got a matte white one coming in and looking forward to trying it out. Even though I'm 90% sure I play better with ambi mice, I like coming back to ergo shapes every now and then

Zammin 01-20-2020 03:18 AM

PC Case gear in Australia received their shipment earlier than expected, my D's were shipped on Friday and were originally due today but the delivery guy must've decided he couldn't be bothered or something because the package just remained at the local depot all day and never went out for delivery. Fingers crossed for some D action tomorrow!

ToTheSun! 01-20-2020 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zammin (Post 28292770)
PC Case gear in Australia received their shipment earlier than expected, my D's were shipped on Friday and were originally due today but the delivery guy must've decided he couldn't be bothered or something because the package just remained at the local depot all day and never went out for delivery. Fingers crossed for some D action tomorrow!

Glossy or matte?

Zammin 01-20-2020 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheSun! (Post 28292872)
Glossy or matte?

Both, I've got a gloss white and a matte black one on the way. Though after I posted my last comment I checked the tracking again and apparently my package has gone back to Sydney today for some bloody reason lol.

So it's gone from Melbourne>Right past Canberra to Sydney>Canberra Delivery Depot>Back to Sydney again lmao

Could have just delivered it to me in Canberra but for some reason they decided to take it back to Sydney for no reason and adjust the ETA date to Wednesday. AusPost are mind blowing sometimes.

ToTheSun! 01-20-2020 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zammin (Post 28292898)
Both, I've got a gloss white and a matte black one on the way. Though after I posted my last comment I checked the tracking again and apparently my package has gone back to Sydney today for some bloody reason lol.

So it's gone from Melbourne>Right past Canberra to Sydney>Canberra Delivery Depot>Back to Sydney again lmao

Could have just delivered it to me in Canberra but for some reason they decided to take it back to Sydney for no reason and adjust the ETA date to Wednesday. AusPost are mind blowing sometimes.

Either glossy units were underproduced or they sold beyond their expectations. Matte restock date is like 10 days; March for glossy...

Zammin 01-20-2020 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheSun! (Post 28293090)
Either glossy units were underproduced or they sold beyond their expectations. Matte restock date is like 10 days; March for glossy...

Could be both, I would assume they expect to sell more of the of the matte versions because they are cheaper, but maybe there was more demand for glossy this launch compared to the Model O launch? Not sure. It's strange that some of the authorised resellers aren't getting stock of the glossy version until March. :/

r0ach 01-20-2020 07:29 PM

Well, the Model O- I ordered a day or two ago already shipped, so they aren't out of those. Who would want an ergo mouse anyway?

Zammin 01-20-2020 08:00 PM

22 Attachment(s)
I HAVE RECEIVED THE D

...model D

After the package took a random trip back to Sydney yesterday my two Model Ds arrived today. I've tried to take a lot of photos including some with a ruler and others comparing it to the Skoll for anyone wondering about the size/shape differences. The D and the Skoll are very close actually, I'm not sure if one feels larger than the other in hand, even though the primary dimensions listed by Glorious suggest it should be larger.

The main buttons are good, pretty crisp clicks. There's no up and down free play on either of my copies, however the matte black copy has a tiiiiny bit of lateral wobble while the gloss white copy has none at all.

This is the first time I've gotten my hands on the new "ascended cable" and it is a huge improvement over the original IMO. I'd rank this the second best factory cable I've used, with the Skoll's factory cable coming in first. If you pull the slack in the paracord sleeve down toward the mouse end of the cable it actually feels pretty close to the G-Wolves cable.

The side buttons are good. I like them better than the side buttons on the Skoll, I think mostly because of the better button shape.

I will probably make some more comments once I've had some proper time gaming with it, and I've also got a couple of custom paracords to install on them. However if there's any specific mice people want to see pics of the D next to for size comparison, let me know and if I have that particular mouse I'll take some pics.

audax 01-20-2020 08:05 PM

Received mine, matte white, have a slight rattle with the mousewheel. But very satisfied with the size/shape.

ToTheSun! 01-21-2020 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r0ach (Post 28294222)
Well, the Model O- I ordered a day or two ago already shipped, so they aren't out of those. Who would want an ergo mouse anyway?

Absolutely no one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zammin (Post 28294306)
I HAVE RECEIVED THE D

...model D

Spoiler!

Thank you for the update and pics. Also, I hate you. Also, have some REP.

From your pics, it looks even more like my old EC-1 than it does on most reviews I've seen. I can't wait to hold one and see for myself. It's also great to know the cable is even better than the first version.

Zammin 01-21-2020 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheSun! (Post 28294714)
Absolutely no one.

^^ Can confirm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheSun! (Post 28294714)
Thank you for the update and pics. Also, I hate you. Also, have some REP.

From your pics, it looks even more like my old EC-1 than it does on most reviews I've seen. I can't wait to hold one and see for myself. It's also great to know the cable is even better than the first version.

Thank you frend. Please do not worry, since no one wants ergo mice including me, you can have my gloss white Model D.

/sarcasm

Unfortunately I don't have any actual Zowie ECs so I can't directly compare the shape and size, however with the Skoll being a direct copy of the EC shape and sized in between the EC2 and EC1, I can at least compare it to that. To me, the D feels pretty much the same size as the Skoll except maybe slightly longer. I think if the EC1 was good for you, the D will be too. :thumb:

Zammin 01-21-2020 04:50 AM

11 Attachment(s)
I took some photos of the inside while I was paracording and Lizard Skinning my black copy.

Axaion 01-21-2020 05:05 AM

Is it just me, or does the middle mouse click look like its in a hotswap bracket?

Thats something they should copy from asus, being able to swap switches without soldering

Zammin 01-21-2020 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axaion (Post 28294772)
Is it just me, or does the middle mouse click look like its in a hotswap bracket?

Thats something they should copy from asus, being able to swap switches without soldering

That would have been a really cool feature! But nah I believe the white part under the M3 switch is just a longer base for the switch that makes it taller.

I've never tried any ASUS mice with the hot swap sockets. Having that as well as screws that aren't covered by mouse feet would be absolutely fantastic. Do those hot swap sockets alter the feel or sound of the switch? When I'm testing new switches in a mouse, I fit them to the PCB without soldering just to test how they feel, and even when it's a snug fit the sound and feel is sometimes slightly different once soldered in. If the hotswap sockets don't alter things too much that's awesome.

Axaion 01-21-2020 06:26 AM

if the bracket is flush to the switch and not loose, it shouldnt change the switch feel or sound much, if any at all.

The white part on the image is actually the switch, which is linked to something that extends it further down, so black white black, the last black is what im talking about that looks like a bracket :D

Athrutep 01-21-2020 11:46 AM

It just sucks that the sensor position is identical with the one on the EC. I guess so anyone that is used to it can transition easier. But i would have really liked a higher position :( . I guess i will stay with the O

ToTheSun! 01-21-2020 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athrutep (Post 28295310)
It just sucks that the sensor position is identical with the one on the EC. I guess so anyone that is used to it can transition easier. But i would have really liked a higher position :( . I guess i will stay with the O

Looking at the pics and at my Model O, it doesn't seem all that different.

Athrutep 01-21-2020 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheSun! (Post 28295404)
Looking at the pics and at my Model O, it doesn't seem all that different.

I thought the same when i bought the ec2 turns out the sensor ends up at the same height as the middle of my thumb, while with the model o it ends up at the same height as the tip of my thumb. Maybe the pictures are misleading but if its on the same spot as the on the ec series, its too low for me. Would be nice if someone who owns both mice, to take pics from below while holding the mouse normally.

ToTheSun! 01-21-2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athrutep (Post 28295424)
Would be nice if someone who owns both mice, to take pics from below while holding the mouse normally.

Pretty sure Zammin is your man.

The Pook 01-21-2020 02:46 PM

mine came today, haven't given it a go yet though :D

Zammin 01-21-2020 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athrutep (Post 28295424)
Would be nice if someone who owns both mice, to take pics from below while holding the mouse normally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheSun! (Post 28295584)
Pretty sure Zammin is your man.

I'll dig up my Model O and do this for you today.

Athrutep 01-21-2020 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zammin (Post 28295710)
I'll dig up my Model O and do this for you today.

That is amazing, thank you so much.

LOKI23NY 01-21-2020 04:27 PM

My model D arrived today and so far I'm really happy with my purchase. This is replacing my ECA-1 that I've been using for a while now. I can definitely feel the difference in weight based on my limited usage so far and the buttons feel good. I'll have to play around and do some gaming to really see how I like it. I'm personally thrilled to no longer have to deal with the obnoxious scroll button on the ECA-1 that I had. Literally a night and day difference, nice and quiet!

I didn't have a chance to take an pics yet. If anyone wanted to see a size comparison between the two just let me know and I'll snap a few shots.

vagrant 01-21-2020 04:50 PM

Mailman should be giving me the D tomorrow.

Zammin 01-21-2020 05:41 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Athrutep (Post 28295718)
That is amazing, thank you so much.

Hope these pics will give you a decent idea of the sensor positioning. It looks like the sensor position is slightly further back on the mouse than the Model O, but measuring the distance of the sensor hole to the front and back of the mouse (front of the main buttons included in length) shows that it's pretty much exactly centered. I didn't take photos of that part as I needed two hands but I used a ruler to measure the distance from the sensor to the front and back of the mouse and it was about 57-58mm either way.

I've included pics of the mouse in my hand using my normal grip for both, and as you can see my thumb is pretty much inline with the sensor on both mice. With them being completely different shapes I find myself gripping them differently, and I believe the thumb-side curve on the Model D places your thumb further back than on the straighter Model O.

My hands are 19.5x9cm not including thumb.

Klopfer 01-21-2020 06:37 PM

but it looks like it is still inline with your thumb ;)
yea, a bit more backwards , but not as much as it looks when u just measure it ...

Zammin 01-21-2020 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klopfer (Post 28296038)
but it looks like it is still inline with your thumb ;)
yea, a bit more backwards , but not as much as it looks when u just measure it ...

Yep, indeed. I haven't had any trouble with the sensor position. It feels great to me, the Skoll has basically the same sensor positioning as far as I can tell.