Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Benchmarking Software and Discussion (https://www.overclock.net/forum/21-benchmarking-software-discussion/)
-   -   [Tomshardware] 6.9 GHz on All 8 Cores: How I Set a World Record with a Hand-Picked Core i9-9900KS (https://www.overclock.net/forum/21-benchmarking-software-discussion/1738206-tomshardware-6-9-ghz-all-8-cores-how-i-set-world-record-hand-picked-core-i9-9900ks.html)

J7SC 12-10-2019 01:49 PM

back when I was young, this was news, somewhat :) ... "AMD FX BULLDOZER 8 Core Processor overclocked @ 8.429 GHz. Guinness World Record (August 31 2011)"

ryan92084 12-10-2019 04:55 PM

Nice achievement, not a news article.

Kurumi Tokisaki 12-11-2019 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by looniam (Post 28231968)
i don't answer questions that are an answer to my question.

so i'll repeat; did you read this forum and the news posting guidelines?

edit: and not a good idea saying we are calling this fake:
Attachment 311244

we are done here.

So you are saying that Ultra did not bring the validity of what was posted in to question? I'm just trying to understand if this result was real or not.

Also, I'm still trying to understand the question about posting guidelines and your comment about nothing personal?

Thanks!

Also: From the guidelines as to what constitutes news:

Things that might (and almost always do) fall into this category are:
An announcement about a new game
Intel's/AMD's latest roadmap/platform announcement
A new record overclock
A Tweet/Facebook post from a company/retail executive with a significant announcement (please ensure these posts are public as some members may not possess accounts/sufficient permissions for the respective sites)

UltraMega 12-11-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurumi Tokisaki (Post 28233040)
So you are saying that Ultra did not bring the validity of what was posted in to question? I'm just trying to understand if this result was real or not.

Also, I'm still trying to understand the question about posting guidelines and your comment about nothing personal?

Thanks!

Also: From the guidelines as to what constitutes news:

Things that might (and almost always do) fall into this category are:
An announcement about a new game
Intel's/AMD's latest roadmap/platform announcement
A new record overclock
A Tweet/Facebook post from a company/retail executive with a significant announcement (please ensure these posts are public as some members may not possess accounts/sufficient permissions for the respective sites)

I'm not sure what is going on here. Clearly the record is real. It's only one point higher so barely a new record, but still a record. It's boring news, but still technically news.

Would have been a lot easier if toms hardware hadn't posted the wrong screenshot showing the wrong score initially. Seems like everyone here except you and I are just confused by the OP, and I don't blame them.

Kurumi Tokisaki 12-11-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraMega (Post 28233510)
I'm not sure what is going on here. Clearly the record is real. It's only one point higher so barely a new record, but still a record. It's boring news, but still technically news.

Would have been a lot easier if toms hardware hadn't posted the wrong screenshot showing the wrong score initially. Seems like everyone here except you and I are just confused by the OP, and I don't blame them.

It could be that I was confused. If so I apologize.

ThrashZone 12-12-2019 04:42 AM

Hi,
You could start a new 6.9MHz club I believe 7000MHz is a better round number though :)