Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Hardware News (https://www.overclock.net/forum/225-hardware-news/)
-   -   [The Verge] Microsoft’s next Xbox is Xbox Series X, coming holiday 2020 (https://www.overclock.net/forum/225-hardware-news/1738354-verge-microsofta-s-next-xbox-xbox-series-x-coming-holiday-2020-a.html)

bucdan 12-13-2019 09:26 AM

So, looks like 2K120 will be a reality for competitive games on console finally, limited by the high end TV refresh rates. Going to assume 4K60 for everything else, then "Dynamic 8K" for those that want to push boundaries and suffer 20-30 fps, if even at all, since the pixel count is ridiculously high.

skupples 12-13-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keikei (Post 28236074)
Its looks like a portable grill. Console gets hot enough, just place a few slabs of meat on top and you got dinner. At least the Cube had some character. This looks like a highschool kid did there year long project the nite before. Base on the name, I suspect there will be more than one version. M$ went with pure functionality with this design. Easy future upgradeability.

there will definitely be at least two SKUs, that's for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucdan (Post 28236122)
So, looks like 2K120 will be a reality for competitive games on console finally, limited by the high end TV refresh rates. Going to assume 4K60 for everything else, then "Dynamic 8K" for those that want to push boundaries and suffer 20-30 fps, if even at all, since the pixel count is ridiculously high.

8k pre-rendered cut scenes & stuff. & yep, I believe you're correct. It's hilarious how butt hurt folks are over on reddit & twitter based on the "4x more power" statement. Seems they fail to realize that this is a win for PC gaming, since we're always in the shadow of the consoles.

aDyerSituation 12-13-2019 09:41 AM

I like the way it looks tbh

won't buy one now that Halo is on PC but I like it.

writer21 12-13-2019 09:46 AM

Been telling my brother for years the new consoles will be like smart phones but pc's. They going to make 3-5 years and basically if you want the best performance and picture quality you will have to upgrade. Better off just building a pc. Cheaper in the long run and you have more control. I say this also because the prices will go higher at some point.

Shawnb99 12-13-2019 09:52 AM

It’s an ugly box. Surely they could of come up with something better than that.

BigMack70 12-13-2019 10:15 AM

I don't understand the hate on the design. This is obviously a function over form approach from them, and it surprises me on a site like this to see some people criticizing that.

The 8k and 120fps marketing lines are obnoxious, but obnoxious misleading marketing is par for the course when people talk console hardware capabilities.

deafboy 12-13-2019 10:41 AM

I like it....

skupples 12-13-2019 10:52 AM

surprises you that PC enthusiasts are trashing a console? haaaa

WannaBeOCer 12-13-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skupples (Post 28236208)
surprises you that PC enthusiasts are trashing a console? haaaa

I'm not sure why people are, it has the fastest AMD GPU in it.

paulerxx 12-13-2019 11:01 AM

I actually like nearly every aspect of this console, y'all are just negative haters!! lol

Zen 2 CPU? Nice.

RDNA 2.0 with DXR? Nice.

4k? Nice.

The box design? I personally like it but I can understand why one wouldn't.

I believe this will be a quality buy for console users...But considering this is OCN, just build yourself a PC.

RDNA 2.0 is super interesting imo. 14teraflops on a console is NUTS. a 5700XT is what...9-10 teraflops?

EDIT: a 2080ti is only 13 tflops....This GPU is a BEAST.

Also, Xbox Series X is an awful name.