Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Video Game News (https://www.overclock.net/forum/227-video-game-news/)
-   -   [pcgamer] How the industry is reacting to E3's cancellation (https://www.overclock.net/forum/227-video-game-news/1743764-pcgamer-how-industry-reacting-e3s-cancellation.html)

8051 03-12-2020 01:39 AM

[pcgamer] How the industry is reacting to E3's cancellation

Quote:

The ESA held out as long as it could, but in the end it was inevitable: E3, the highest-profile videogame show in North America, was cancelled today because of the global coronavirus health emergency.

The shutdown is bad enough in its own right, but making matters worse, it comes in the wake of growing questions about E3's relevance at a time when broadband internet has enabled game publishers to reach their customers directly.

Source

Ashura 03-12-2020 01:52 AM

Corona Virus is just an excuse.

ToTheSun! 03-12-2020 01:56 AM

With good reason. It's blowing up in Europe because of people's general carelessness.

skupples 03-12-2020 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheSun! (Post 28364392)
With good reason. It's blowing up in Europe because of people's general carelessness.

yeah... I have a feeling those claiming the US and canada will get hit just like the EU are wrong. Cuz we didn't have scores of infected fleeing into our states, like they did.

then again, it also could have been here for almost 6 weeks now, n just not affecting the general healthy population the same. Takes time to work its way to the sheltered away old folks that're dropping like flies everywhere else?

wonder how long until every single epic product of 1H2020 is pushed into 2H & 2021. Hopefully the market keeps slowly going down. been meaning to put more money in & all my long holds are too expensive for me to re-up onatm .

hout17 03-12-2020 04:24 AM

Things are just warming up we have equally as careless people in the United States.

Wash your hands people oh and it's not all about you think of the greater good!!

Bad5ector 03-12-2020 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skupples (Post 28364472)
Hopefully the market keeps slowly going down. been meaning to put more money in & all my long holds are too expensive for me to re-up onatm .

Man, I bet Warren Buffet is just loving this. Though I don't know how many more "long term" investments he has left in him.

ToTheSun! 03-12-2020 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hout17 (Post 28364478)
Things are just warming up we have equally as careless people in the United States.

Wash your hands people oh and it's not all about you think of the greater good!!

I'm ashamed to say some people in my country have actually gathered to participate in corona themed parties.

It's already reached my town, and it's not just the virus that's to blame.

I've already made peace with the fact that I will eventually catch the thing, and I'm pretty confident I'm going to be able to do well, considering I'm young and very healthy. But it pains me to see people being this stupid.

hout17 03-12-2020 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheSun! (Post 28364490)
I'm ashamed to say some people in my country have actually gathered to participate in corona themed parties.

It's already reached my town, and it's not just the virus that's to blame.

I've already made peace with the fact that I will eventually catch the thing, and I'm pretty confident I'm going to be able to do well, considering I'm young and very healthy. But it pains me to see people being this stupid.

I absolutely agree and if we value our older family members we will do our part to slow the spread. Those stats all have names and families associated with them. It's starting pick up pace spreading wise here as well.

Gunderman456 03-12-2020 07:58 AM

Hegelian Dialectic = Problem -> Reaction -> Solution.

bigjdubb 03-12-2020 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashura (Post 28364388)
Corona Virus is just an excuse.

Of course it is, they even stated that it was.

Quote:

cancelled as a result of the Covid-19 coronavirus outbreak
Really doesn't get more clear than that.

Quote:

In fact, industry analyst Doug Creutz told the Wall Street Journal (via Sarah E. Needleman) that the coronavirus could prove to be an existential turning point for E3: If publishers are able to adequately reach their fans directly through online presentations, the absence of the show could end up demonstrating beyond any doubt that it's simply not relevant anymore.
That applies to every one of these stupid conventions/expos/whatever.