Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Video Game News (https://www.overclock.net/forum/227-video-game-news/)
-   -   [pcgamer] How the industry is reacting to E3's cancellation (https://www.overclock.net/forum/227-video-game-news/1743764-pcgamer-how-industry-reacting-e3s-cancellation.html)

bigjdubb 03-12-2020 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DNMock (Post 28364992)
Are you questioning that the uptick in solar radiation in the summer is a major disinfectant, or that the global recession will likely lead to way more deaths than the virus itself?

The economic impact from our extreme reaction mentality is what has me scared. I'm actually more scared of that than I am of heart disease, and heart disease is probably what will kill me.

The Pook 03-12-2020 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DNMock (Post 28364992)
Are you questioning that the uptick in solar radiation in the summer is a major disinfectant, or that the global recession will likely lead to way more deaths than the virus itself?

is there an 'other' option or perhaps a "refer to H1N1/MRSA/SARS/MERS sensationalism" option?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjdubb (Post 28365006)
The economic impact from our extreme reaction mentality is what has me scared. I'm actually more scared of that than I am of heart disease, and heart disease is probably what will kill me.

:thumb:

DNMock 03-12-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pook (Post 28365012)
is there an 'other' option or perhaps a "refer to H1N1/MRSA/SARS/MERS sensationalism" option?

:thumb:

Can you be a little less vague by chance? Not trying to be a jackwagon or anything here, I seriously don't know what you were calling into question there or even if you actually were lol.

The Pook 03-12-2020 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DNMock (Post 28365024)
Can you be a little less vague by chance? Not trying to be a jackwagon or anything here, I seriously don't know what you were calling into question there or even if you actually were lol.

it's not the plague, it's just sensationalism. don't have an international orgy (and wash your hands if you do) and you're probably gonna be fine so long as you aren't already immunocompromised and/or elderly.

Pro3ootector 03-12-2020 03:15 PM

Hi All. I live in Germany and i can tell Ya that all they say in media is total BS. Situation is serious. In Italy 1000 people died already. Young / Old it's not a germ virus like media tells. All schools, cinema, concert everything that has people packed in 1m distance is being shuted down. All TV / media information is total BS. It's out of control. Seriously.

edit: I have just hear a recording of a Polish woman calling her friend in Poland and she says that in Italy they were sayng the same things they say in Polish Tv now. And its BS. She say it's not a germ virus and people can't even go to hospital when they are sick cause there are co many patients with CONVID-19. It's a disaster.

skupples 03-12-2020 03:18 PM

most of us will be fine. it's a super nasty flu.

pretty sure its been cruising the port states of america for 5-6 weeks now. no one else thinks its a little weird how america went from no cases to dead grannies in washington overnight?

did they ever track down who brought it into the assisted living home in the first place? Bet that dude either worked in/near a port, or knew someone who did or maybe they were just in china for the weekend.

confirmed cases hit florida days later. gotta love our governor "errmm excuse me, this isn't community spread CUZ CRUISE SHIPS!" yeah bruh, but they went home. so now its community spread.

yet some how, all the health notification auto-dials keep saying "we hope for tests to become readily available in the coming weeks"

i assume they mean self administered? how else are they confirming cases currently if the clinnics they keep referencing on TV are calling me saying they don't have tests yet? :P

either way, i'd say its safe to add a zero or two to the known confirmed US cases.

the funny part is doctors have likely turned away testing positive patiens in the very beginning, due to the common practice of only treating symptoms in healthy adults.

hout17 03-12-2020 03:29 PM

If the mortality rate is anywhere close to what the numbers are showing (around 3.4%) (and of course they are skewed and there are probably more) then this is quite a bit more dangerous than the flu considering the flu's mortality rate is .1%. Do the math globally this is going to kill a LOT more people for the same amount infected. Do the older/compromised people a favor and try not to spread it so hospitals don't get overwhelmed.

Either way I wish you all well.

skupples 03-12-2020 03:47 PM

most definitely. like i said. super nasty flu virus.

i added bold, italics, n underline, to make even nastier! :P

those of us that're young and healthy should be doing whatever is necessary to ensure the old people in our family/lives have everything they need to allow themselves the luxury of shutting in.

ToTheSun! 03-12-2020 04:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by hout17 (Post 28365110)
If the mortality rate is anywhere close to what the numbers are showing (around 3.4%) (and of course they are skewed and there are probably more) then this is quite a bit more dangerous than the flu considering the flu's mortality rate is .1%. Do the math globally this is going to kill a LOT more people for the same amount infected. Do the older/compromised people a favor and try not to spread it so hospitals don't get overwhelmed.

Either way I wish you all well.

It's actually 7%. The 3% figure is considering all cases, closed and currently being treated. Of course, the mortality rate is, to an uncertain degree, inflated by the poor quality of treatment in certain areas. But, at this stage, I think we can say it's comfortably deadlier than the common flu - at least until we have a vaccine or stronger medicine.

skupples 03-12-2020 04:09 PM

was going thru this earlier today. lots of datas.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-f4d3d9cd99ca

n it was actually all presented on one long page. no click per paragraph nonsense like many similar sites do.