Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Video Game News (https://www.overclock.net/forum/227-video-game-news/)
-   -   [Steam] DOOM Eternal - Launch FAQ and Known Issues (https://www.overclock.net/forum/227-video-game-news/1744214-steam-doom-eternal-launch-faq-known-issues.html)

WannaBeOCer 03-20-2020 09:20 AM

[Steam] DOOM Eternal - Launch FAQ and Known Issues
 
Source: https://store.steampowered.com/newsh...46683757378309

Quote:

Issue: Game crashes when changing settings to Ultra, Nightmare, or Ultra-Nightmare on some systems using certain Ryzen CPUs with GeForce RTX GPUs.
Resolution: When playing the game on these cards, keep settings at High until AMD releases fixes for this issue.

Issue: Game crashes on launch with two AMD GPUs installed.
Resolution: Issue is caused by having multiple monitors plugged into different GPUs. Plug both monitors into the primary GPU to fix.
AMD users should read this before buying the game.

paulerxx 03-20-2020 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WannaBeOCer (Post 28375064)
Source: https://store.steampowered.com/newsh...46683757378309



AMD users should read this before buying the game.

The game runs fine for me on AMD...Just update your drivers before hand.

WannaBeOCer 03-20-2020 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulerxx (Post 28375114)
The game runs fine for me on AMD...Just update your drivers before hand.

Doesn't look like your system falls into the issues listed.

UltraMega 03-20-2020 02:09 PM

Is this really news?

WannaBeOCer 03-20-2020 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraMega (Post 28375332)
Is this really news?

Because the game was just launched and some users might run into trouble with their AMD systems with nVidia video cards.

SoloCamo 03-20-2020 03:37 PM

I was just here for benchmarks...

But good to know. Picked up the physical copy this morning and forgot it didn't have a steam code so bethesda launcher it is... That said, downloading now and am trying with my slightly older drivers. Will report back on any issues.

Here's a bench for anyone interested, though.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/d...nalysis/4.html

Crazy to see a 5700xt go from a 17 fps lead at 1080p over a Radeon VII only to have the VII pass it with a 4fps advantage at 4k. Bandwidth playing a major role I'll assume.

1080ti is near 20fps slower than a 2080 now, too, at least at 4k. At 1080p it's just a slaughter (175fps for 1080ti, 216fps for 2080).

Gotta applaud them on optimization. Even a V64 is averaging near 60fps at 4k max settings.

Edit:

Welp, this game is pushing my 'oc temps up like crazy despite great fps at 4k. Will likely have to back the OC down a bit on this one despite being able to run BFV at all ultra 4k at the same oc speeds.

ToTheSun! 03-20-2020 04:39 PM

Now, we wait for their "we’ll do it better than anybody honestly" ray tracing.

tpi2007 03-20-2020 05:59 PM

[Ars] Bethesda apparently broke its own Denuvo protection for Doom Eternal

[TechSpot] Bethesda accidentally shipped Doom Eternal with a DRM-free executable


It's been patched out by now, but then again, this may have been an intentional PR "oopsie" from the company that has collected great fallout from doing things wrong lately. But then again, when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter, you still have to log-in with a Bethesda account, so DRM 1 or DRM 2, it's still crap, with the log-in requirement being worse as Denuvo is usually removed after a while.

I will only buy it when it's on GOG in a few years when they remove nonsensical log-in requirements for their own benefit for what is at its core a single-player game.

SoloCamo 03-20-2020 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpi2007 (Post 28375712)
[Ars] Bethesda apparently broke its own Denuvo protection for Doom Eternal

[TechSpot] Bethesda accidentally shipped Doom Eternal with a DRM-free executable


It's been patched out by now, but then again, this may have been an intentional PR "oopsie" from the company that has collected great fallout from doing things wrong lately. But then again, when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter, you still have to log-in with a Bethesda account, so DRM 1 or DRM 2, it's still crap, with the log-in requirement being worse as Denuvo is usually removed after a while.

I will only buy it when it's on GOG in a few years when they remove nonsensical log-in requirements for their own benefit for what is at its core a single-player game.

Meh, both Doom Eternal and HL:Alyx are the only games I've preordered in forever. In fact last games I did was Forza 4 on x360 and Crysis 3 on pc. So far so good on Doom, we'll see if Valve disappoints.

tpi2007 03-20-2020 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoloCamo (Post 28375740)
Meh, both Doom Eternal and HL:Alyx are the only games I've preordered in forever. In fact last games I did was Forza 4 on x360 and Crysis 3 on pc. So far so good on Doom, we'll see if Valve disappoints.


Nobody should only care about whether a game is good, but also what the commercial practices of publishers and developers are. Speaking of Crysis 3, I still didn't buy it or play it. And I will keep my word for as long as EA keeps it as an Origin exclusive.

As to Half-Life: Alyx, in my opinion Valve is making a mistake in making it a VR-only game. Then again, making it about a secondary character pretty much shows that they know it's a niche platform and hence feel comfortable in leaving out the vast majority of PC gamers. VR will only truly take off when the goggles are as small and lightweight as regular glasses and cost ~$99 - $150, which is the price of an entry level / mid-range 1080p 24 inch monitor, and that's considering people will still have to buy a monitor on top of it because nobody will wear VR glasses to do everything on a computer, nor should that ever become a requirement.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.