Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Monitors and Displays (https://www.overclock.net/forum/44-monitors-displays/)
-   -   Resolution (https://www.overclock.net/forum/44-monitors-displays/26228-resolution.html)

black_hawk 05-24-2005 08:54 AM

Is there a big difference between 1280 x 800 and 1400 x 1050 resolution? this is on a laptop.

metalman2785 05-24-2005 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_hawk
Is there a big difference between 1280 x 800 and 1400 x 1050 resolution? this is on a laptop.
run it lower then that if it with a crappy graphics card, I would try 1024x768

black_hawk 05-24-2005 09:05 AM

it will run on a radeon 9700 pro, but is there really a difference between the two?

gcraw5100 05-24-2005 09:09 AM

on an lcd if you change the resolution from native res. it will not be as clear.
if you can always stay at native res for best quality.

black_hawk 05-24-2005 09:13 AM

say I was playing HL2 on a 1280 x 800 resolution will I see a difference if I played HL2 on a 1400 x 1050 resolution?

claymanhb 05-24-2005 09:15 AM

I would stay at 1280 x 800. You won't be able to tell the diff. 17in Widescreen right? Are you trying to decide which laptop to get?

gcraw5100 05-24-2005 09:15 AM

my laptop will not let me go higher res. only lower but it gets worse the lower i go.
my res is 1400 x 1050 and i really dont like it. everything is just to damn small 15" mon.

are you looking at buying or you already have it.

black_hawk 05-24-2005 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymanhb
I would stay at 1280 x 800. You won't be able to tell the diff. 17in Widescreen right? Are you trying to decide which laptop to get?
the 1280 x 800 is a 15.4'' widesceen and the 1400 x 1050 is 15'' widesceen

black_hawk 05-24-2005 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcraw5100
my laptop will not let me go higher res. only lower but it gets worse the lower i go.
my res is 1400 x 1050 and i really dont like it. everything is just to damn small 15" mon.

are you looking at buying or you already have it.
buy

were did you get your loptop from?

gcraw5100 05-24-2005 11:46 AM

mine is an hp pavilion had it for 2.5 years.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.