Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Downloads (https://www.overclock.net/forum/157-downloads/)
-   -   Essential Overclocking Software Kit (https://www.overclock.net/forum/157-downloads/297937-essential-overclocking-software-kit.html)

[PWN]Schubie 02-23-2008 10:58 AM

I have decided to put together an Essential Overclocking Software Kit for members and guests who are new to world of overclocking. The reason why I have chosen to do this is to facilitate their needs in terms of what software they will need to Download.

What is included in the Kit:
If you are just looking for a specific Download than please click on the program itself.


Tricky 02-23-2008 06:43 PM

You should have Orthos and MemTest in there

mega_option101 02-23-2008 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
You should have Orthos and MemTest in there
I put only Prime 95 in there because from what I have been told it is better than orthos for stressing Quad cores. Memtest86+ is a memory diagnostic tool, not so much useful when your overclocking. If I could of I would have put all of the downloads in there since they are all very useful. But it would defeat the purpose of having a small essential overclocking software kit.

CyberDruid 02-23-2008 06:51 PM

Thanks man. You are ON the job.

LegendaryC 02-23-2008 06:53 PM

No RivaTuner? I can't get ATiTool to work, and I know many other people have the same problem.

mega_option101 02-23-2008 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryC View Post
No RivaTuner? I can't get ATiTool to work, and I know many other people have the same problem.
RivaTuner has given exclusive rights to guru3D; therefore, we do not have the permission to host it on overclock.net.

This is the reason I have left it out of the kit.

RickJS 02-23-2008 07:00 PM

Neeevermind!

noobdown 02-23-2008 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega_option101 View Post
I put only Prime 95 in there because from what I have been told it is better than orthos for stressing Quad cores. Memtest86+ is a memory diagnostic tool, not so much useful when your overclocking. If I could of I would have put all of the downloads in there since they are all very useful. But it would defeat the purpose of having a small essential overclocking software kit.
how are we sappose to check the ram to see if its stable once oc'ed

mega_option101 02-23-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobdown View Post
how are we sappose to check the ram to see if its stable once oc'ed
As requested I have added Memtest86+

Tricky 02-23-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega_option101 View Post
I put only Prime 95 in there because from what I have been told it is better than orthos for stressing Quad cores. Memtest86+ is a memory diagnostic tool, not so much useful when your overclocking. If I could of I would have put all of the downloads in there since they are all very useful. But it would defeat the purpose of having a small essential overclocking software kit.
Okay, but Memtest has to be there. When you overclock your ram, you need to know if its stable or not. It's very useful, i dont see how you say its not. Everyone uses MemTest86(+) to test if they're RAM OC is stable. I say it should be included, and it would still be a small overclocking software kit. It's what you need to be stable in all areas.

EDIT: Oh, you put it there now. lol Thanks!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.