Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Downloads (https://www.overclock.net/forum/157-downloads/)
-   -   Essential Overclocking Software Kit (https://www.overclock.net/forum/157-downloads/297937-essential-overclocking-software-kit.html)

mega_option101 02-23-2008 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
Okay, but Memtest has to be there. When you overclock your ram, you need to know if its stable or not. It's very useful, i dont see how you say its not. Everyone uses MemTest86(+) to test if they're RAM OC is stable. I say it should be included, and it would still be a small overclocking software kit. It's what you need to be stable in all areas.

EDIT: Oh, you put it there now. lol Thanks!
Yup I forgot that only orthos had the blend test included. Since it was requested to have it replaced with Prime 95 I completely forgot about the RAM stability.

mega_option101 02-24-2008 09:48 AM

Thanks for all your input on the kit. I am glad to see that it is being used by members and guests.

I will keep it updated when new versions are released.

SZayat 02-24-2008 11:19 PM

A must have

REP+... oops I can't

Blameless 02-24-2008 11:54 PM

Good list.

However, I would like to see S&M (from testmem.ru) included. I have used it to diagnose several elusive CPU and memory instabilities that Prime95 and Memtest86+ could not find, even after days of continuous testing. I haven't found any single program that is as strenuous.

Edit: I should note that S&M does not seem to work correctly with Vista.

ericeod 02-24-2008 11:58 PM

I suggest you include the Vista 64 CoreTemp patch with the zip file.

Link

iandroo888 02-25-2008 12:16 AM

maybe put OCCT and Everest on tehre too

skunksmash 02-25-2008 12:18 AM

Rivatuner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carl25 02-25-2008 12:22 AM

never used memtest or prime95

Intel tat is good for temp and stressing.

mega_option101 02-25-2008 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericeod View Post
I suggest you include the Vista 64 CoreTemp patch with the zip file.

Link
I have included it in the x64 kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by iandroo888 View Post
maybe put OCCT and Everest on tehre too
This is meant to be an essential overclocking software kit. There is no way that it would be practical if I was to include every program inside it. Thanks for your input nonetheless

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunksmash View Post
Rivatuner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you would have taken the time to read the first page I already stated that RivaTuner isn't hosted on overclock.net and it was given exclusive rights to guru3D. This means that overclock.net does not have the permission to distribute it; therefore, it will not be included in this kit.

We Gone 02-25-2008 04:41 AM

Nice List.. Thanks for posting