Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Downloads (https://www.overclock.net/forum/157-downloads/)
-   -   Essential Overclocking Software Kit (https://www.overclock.net/forum/157-downloads/297937-essential-overclocking-software-kit.html)

JadeMiner 02-25-2008 04:56 AM

Excellent selection. I wish I would have had this when I first started overclocking. It would have saved me a ton of time surfing, and a huge pile of hair on the floor!

Good Job. Thanks

mega_option101 02-25-2008 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeMiner View Post
Excellent selection. I wish I would have had this when I first started overclocking. It would have saved me a ton of time surfing, and a huge pile of hair on the floor!

Good Job. Thanks
Thanks for your kind comment

I will think of more ways to make it easier for members and guests to find exactly what they are looking for. Two examples are located in my signature below. "Welcome to Overclock.net's Downloads Section" and "Overclock.net's Downloads View Count"

Enjoy

JadeMiner 02-25-2008 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega_option101 View Post
Thanks for your kind comment

I will think of more ways to make it easier for members and guests to find exactly what they are looking for. Two examples are located in my signature below. "Welcome to Overclock.net's Downloads Section" and "Overclock.net's Downloads View Count"

Enjoy
Yes. I just checked them and saw some utilities I never knew about. Thanks!

I checked your folding stats on kaostats.com - SOMEBODY is using SMP and the core with 1760 credit points. SOMEBODY is going to zoom up in the rankings

Team Overclock.net is making a breakout. http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...php?s=&t=37726

mega_option101 02-25-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeMiner View Post
Yes. I just checked them and saw some utilities I never knew about. Thanks!
Thats what it is there for

Flatliner 02-25-2008 08:50 PM

good kit, i love when related files/programs are put together in the same place.

mega_option101 02-26-2008 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatliner View Post
good kit, i love when related files/programs are put together in the same place.
Makes an overclockers life a lot easier

nepikez 02-26-2008 08:03 PM

great post! exactly what i was looking for

nub Q here though:

I assume everyone uses their BIOS to change the vcore, multiplier, etc
but I was wondering, what your guys thoughts were on something like this

http://www.techpowerup.com/systool/

let the software slowly increase the setting and check stability and then, after that does all the testing for you, you can permanently change the setting in your BIOS....

Thanks... as i said... nub here,

mega_option101 02-26-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepikez View Post
great post! exactly what i was looking for

nub Q here though:

I assume everyone uses their BIOS to change the vcore, multiplier, etc
but I was wondering, what your guys thoughts were on something like this

http://www.techpowerup.com/systool/

let the software slowly increase the setting and check stability and then, after that does all the testing for you, you can permanently change the setting in your BIOS....

Thanks... as i said... nub here,
Soft clocking isn't stable and isn't permanent, which is why you overclock through your BIOS. I'd rather experiment through my BIOS (to learn it and its various functions) then use a program and not now how to apply it to my BIOS. You can always reset your settings in your BIOS if the overclock isn't stable So its not like a get it right or else... It is more of a trail and error process, which will allow you to gain experience and knowledge from.

I would suggest you to read up in the AMD CPU section on some of the overclocking guides they have in there.

Thanks for asking as I am sure many have wondered the same thing

nepikez 02-26-2008 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega_option101 View Post
Soft clocking isn't stable and isn't permanent, which is why you overclock through your BIOS. I'd rather experiment through my BIOS (to learn it and its various functions) then use a program and not now how to apply it to my BIOS. You can always reset your settings in your BIOS if the overclock isn't stable So its not like a get it right or else... It is more of a trail and error process, which will allow you to gain experience and knowledge from.

I would suggest you to read up in the AMD CPU section on some of the overclocking guides they have in there.

Thanks for asking as I am sure many have wondered the same thing
ah, not stable, great to know, thanks!
next stop, AMD CPU search, lol

mega_option101 03-02-2008 01:14 PM

I have updated the Kits to include the latest version of Prime95

Enjoy


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.