Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   GPU Folding Teams (https://www.overclock.net/forum/289-gpu-folding-teams/)
-   -   Having a member doing daily updates. (https://www.overclock.net/forum/289-gpu-folding-teams/472590-having-member-doing-daily-updates.html)

gibsonnova74 03-07-2009 11:12 AM

OK, it seems that most members would like the scores updated everyday. I don't have time to do it everyday, I could squeeze every other day, but even that is difficult at times. I have been approached by a few members who stated that they would do full updates everyday. I need to know if anyone would have a problem with this. The same person would do the updates everyday. If that member needs time off for personal reasons, or vacation, then I would step in and continue, until said member gets back.

This needs to be unanimous, everyone must be OK with this decision. I will also post a poll in the thread.

Ruredee 03-07-2009 11:18 AM

Sounds like a plan to me.

ProjecT TimeZ 03-07-2009 11:21 AM

Sounds good.
I'm all for it.

Mebby 03-07-2009 11:23 AM

No harm there, any one could go check that its right anyway.

repo_man 03-07-2009 11:25 AM

I highly doubt any of our OCN members (specially the Folders) would tamper with scores. It's easily checked if anyone was in doubt anyway. I vote YES!

Ictinike 03-07-2009 11:33 AM

I agree.. Anyone somehow "fudging" the numbers could easily be called out on it though honestly I dont' think anyone of us would want that drama. Most in the GPU are respected members or mod's so I think it would be fine.

I'm also working on something that might make it easier for OCN to tabulate the scores and I hope, with time, to get it down to a button push once configured to gather, tabulate and post scores but I might need some special circumstances on the forums to do so.

Again, for now, I think this would be kosher and vote YES.

Papa.Smurf 03-07-2009 11:56 AM

Yes of course!

huntman21014 03-07-2009 12:07 PM

I would have voted yes but I think it will come down to the particular member that is chosen, that is a lot of power and if they did feel disruptive it could take weeks to fix what they could do in a few hours

ProjecT TimeZ 03-07-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntman21014 View Post
I would have voted yes but I think it will come down to the particular member that is chosen, that is a lot of power and if they did feel disruptive it could take weeks to fix what they could do in a few hours
How?

huntman21014 03-07-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjecT TimeZ View Post
How?
Well they could change everyone's team score to zero, think about how long that would take a moderator to fix