Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   GPU Folding Teams (https://www.overclock.net/forum/289-gpu-folding-teams/)
-   -   GPU Team Competition Rules (https://www.overclock.net/forum/289-gpu-folding-teams/472596-gpu-team-competition-rules.html)

Ictinike 03-17-2009 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisC View Post
Ok, good. I'll be switching to it next week when it comes. I'm either selling the 8800GT or putting it in another rig to fold under my other name.
Woot! MOAR PPD!

Grats on the upgrade Dennis

nafljhy 04-16-2009 10:23 AM

i'd like to say that, i'm upgrading from my GTX+ to a GTX295, of course, only one client is being used for the comp.

Lyric 06-09-2009 02:20 PM

too bad there isn't a competition for multiple gpus

wierdo124 09-03-2009 08:29 AM

Just had a thought for multiple GPUs. What if we did allow multiple GPUs but they were capped like the SMP comp? They could be capped at like 6500...just a thought.

Also, please update the OP, we now have 3 members per team

Mikecdm 09-03-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wierdo124 View Post
Just had a thought for multiple GPUs. What if we did allow multiple GPUs but they were capped like the SMP comp? They could be capped at like 6500...just a thought.

Also, please update the OP, we now have 3 members per team
That would force everyone to buy another card and what would be the point if they are capped? The point of the gpu competition was to go all out and have no caps.

sdla4ever 09-03-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecdm View Post
That would force everyone to buy another card and what would be the point if they are capped? The point of the gpu competition was to go all out and have no caps.
Both points are valid, but it would open the comp up to ATI x2 card owners! which could make for some more teams!

repo_man 09-03-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdla4ever View Post
Both points are valid, but it would open the comp up to ATI x2 card owners! which could make for some more teams!
Nothing is restricting them from entering now. You can run a GX2 just the same as and ATI x2, you just can only have one client running. Nothing is excluding dualGPU-gpus (thats redundant isn't it? ) from folding. Naf is using his 295 remember?

bluedevil 09-03-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by repo_man View Post
Nothing is restricting them from entering now. You can run a GX2 just the same as and ATI x2, you just can only have one client running. Nothing is excluding dualGPU-gpus (thats redundant isn't it? ) from folding. Naf is using his 295 remember?
And remember currently Nvidia cards get tons more PPD than the ATI counterparts. I remember it was the other way around about 2 years back.

repo_man 09-03-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
And remember currently Nvidia cards get tons more PPD than the ATI counterparts. I remember it was the other way around about 2 years back.
Of course we're walking over ATI's bottom, that's why we're all running GTX200s LOL. (I wish they would get the [email protected] client setup better for ATI though...)

bluedevil 09-03-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by repo_man View Post
Of course we're walking over ATI's bottom, that's why we're all running GTX200s LOL. (I wish they would get the [email protected] client setup better for ATI though...)
I concur. Folding is Folding, no matter matter how small!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.