Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Builds, Logs & Case Mods (https://www.overclock.net/forum/18082-builds-logs-case-mods/)
-   -   Quantum (https://www.overclock.net/forum/18082-builds-logs-case-mods/568627-quantum.html)

nafljhy 09-01-2009 06:41 PM

Here we go again!

it's been a bit since BrassIe but this is going to be my HTPC. For a lack of a better name, i'm calling it Quantum (based off it's original name Q07) until i can think of a better one.

now, we don't see too many people do case mods to this case and that is one reason as to why i chose it over the A05. i think the only other extensive case mod for this particular case was wastedtime's Gemini.

i feel like i'm going to enjoy this mod as much as i did with BrassIe or even more!

Hardware:
CPU: Intel Q9550
GPU: Sparkle GTS250
RAM: 2x 2GB Team Xtreem
PSU: Seasonic M12II 450W
HDD: Seagate 320GB Momentus
MoBo: Zotac 9300 mITX
Case: Lian Li Q07

nafljhy 09-01-2009 06:42 PM

Index:

Update 1: The Beginning
Update 2: Taped and Outlined
Update 3: Sleeving Begins
Update 4: The End of Sleeving
Update 5: All Cut Up
Update 6: Panels Arrive
Update 7: Front Panel
Update 8: GPU and Mock Fit
Update 9: Front Panel, Switch, and Feet
Update 10 Pt.1: Powdercoated Monitor Stand
Update 10 Pt.2: and Powdercoated Q07

nafljhy 09-01-2009 06:42 PM

Final Pictures

nafljhy 09-01-2009 06:43 PM

well here are some parts.

Zotac 9300 mITX
XFX 9400GT
SeaSonic M12 430W (pretty sure it's the also the Corsair 430W?)
and of course, the Lian Li Q07

the Zotac 9300 w/ E7200 and Team RAM

XFX 9400GT

SeaSonic M12 430W

Lian Li Q07

well this is to give you guys an idea of what i'll be doing...

the PSU will be relocated to the bottom of the case.

was a bit dark so i re took the pic with flash

the mobo will sit on top of the PSU but i'll be making a custom floor so PSU will have breathing room. you'll have to imagine the mobo about an inch higher.

and the 9400GT in place to show how tight of a fit it is.

and thats about it for now. everything else will be a secret until i post them for your viewing pleasure.

* This Worklog post was generated using WorklogCreator - Version: 1.0.1.6
* Free Download: http://www.mod2software.com/worklogc...logcreator.zip

Syrillian 09-01-2009 07:12 PM

Another dream-machine from Naf!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

auto-subscrible...on!

[edit] Love that Lian Li case. The heart of its elegance lies in its simplicity.

Mikecdm 09-01-2009 07:19 PM

How do you get this stuff so quick? I was talking to you earlier about it and all of a sudden you have all the parts. I also figured that you were going to buy that particular 9400gt. The black pcb and black heatsink will go well with the mb.

Also, you linked the wrong gemini project. The link is to syrillian's gemini and not wastedtime's.

Can't way to see what you do with the case.

nafljhy 09-01-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrillian View Post
Another dream-machine from Naf!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

auto-subscrible...on!

[edit] Love that Lian Li case. The heart of its elegance lies in its simplicity.
thanks master syr!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecdm View Post
How do you get this stuff so quick? I was talking to you earlier about it and all of a sudden you have all the parts. I also figured that you were going to buy that particular 9400gt. The black pcb and black heatsink will go well with the mb.

Also, you linked the wrong gemini project. The link is to syrillian's gemini and not wastedtime's.

Can't way to see what you do with the case.
haha, i'm stupid that way. i'm an xfx addict. very true. this particular mod will be done in all black, brass, and a tiny ring of white.

nice catch on the wrong link! should've double checked that before posting.

in all honesty, i had trouble sleeping over this mod cause i kept thinking of things i could do to make it look great! kind of embarrassing huh?

omaryunus 09-01-2009 07:47 PM

AMAZING

nafljhy 09-01-2009 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaryunus View Post
AMAZING
i haven't done anything yet!

deafboy 09-01-2009 09:02 PM

This should be fun little project. Can't wait to see everything complete.

Best of luck.