Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Air Cooling (https://www.overclock.net/forum/246-air-cooling/)
-   -   San Ace 9G1212H1011 review (https://www.overclock.net/forum/246-air-cooling/570491-san-ace-9g1212h1011-review.html)

Chunky_Chimp 09-05-2009 01:48 PM

Got something in my mailbox today, and upon bringing it inside and opening it...

Ahh, but I tease. Here's the money shot.

キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━!!!!! (Kita!!!!!; It's here!!!!!)

As I said, I'll soon pit this deity of airflow against the Panaflo U1BX, which I've been using since I upgraded my system. This thing is slightly heavier and more solid than my Panaflo, and amusingly came in a box meant for a Swiftech MCP-655. The Royal Mail and US customs treated the package very well; if requested I'll upload the pics I took of the packaging.

Spinning the blades with my fingers, I can tell you this much; if you run it at full speed and stick your finger in, your finger will break before the blades. Also during my little twiddly-spinning (lol), I noticed that there's a nice little push of air. If only I had an anemometer, I could say what the CFM is at... however many volts runs along the nerve endings in your fingers. I won't bother reserving a post, I'll simply make another post with my temp comparisons during a small FFT Prime95 run, and link to that post in this one.

UPDATE: Results and testing conditions here. Panaflo wins, but I can't seem to figure out why for the time being. The San Ace undervolts better, it sounds better across all voltages, and it'll last a very long time. If I had to say, I'd still prefer the San Ace because, well, it's a San Ace! These fans are legends of air and water cooling alike, and I'll always recommend them if I see they're still available (and they still are at the time of this update). If they are unavailable, though, I'll recommend the U1BX hands-down. Why not the H1BX, which I also have? Well, because I have both models, I CAN say why; the U1BX is QUIETER at all voltages. I cannot explain this, either, nor do I have reason to.

Anyway, that's that. In short, this thing's a keeper, though I will need to find its predecessor and compare it to that to give you the full story.

WarlordOne 09-05-2009 02:38 PM

Nice! How about some results already!?!

Chunky_Chimp 09-05-2009 03:52 PM

Disappointment is in the air. The fan is not starting. Cabling and power were double-checked, everything is connected as it should be, I even checked the Rheobus itself and that's not the problem. Any ideas? I'm going to power off and reconnect the San Ace to a molex connection and see if it'll start.

gymenii 09-05-2009 04:00 PM

wow, all that excitement in your OP and it doesn't work

TheCh3F 09-05-2009 04:02 PM

check the 3 pin connection and see if it was wired on correctly

Chunky_Chimp 09-05-2009 04:04 PM

Update! It does work on direct molex, and it's quite loud. The tone of the fan is pleasant but it fills the whole damn room. I really can't figure this one out right now, I'll check the 3-pin extension.

runeazn 09-05-2009 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp View Post
Update! It does work on direct molex, and it's quite loud. The tone of the fan is pleasant but it fills the whole damn room. I really can't figure this one out right now, I'll check the 3-pin extension.
lol i know why it is a 24volt thing if you dind't know mostly those fan controller are 6-12volt so it won't work

gymenii 09-05-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runeazn View Post
lol i know why it is a 24volt thing if you dind't know mostly those fan controller are 6-12volt so it won't work
no, it's 12v .38 amps.

CC, check the 3pin connector. One of the wires may be lose or about to break.

RawZ 09-05-2009 04:22 PM

I have the same fan on my TRUE. Got 2..

jshay 09-05-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawZ View Post
I have the same fan on my TRUE. Got 2..

Lol, 2nd time i've seen this picture and still makes me smile.