Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   GPU Folding Teams (https://www.overclock.net/forum/289-gpu-folding-teams/)
-   -   GPU Team - The BIG BANG! (https://www.overclock.net/forum/289-gpu-folding-teams/660714-gpu-team-big-bang.html)

TrippinBimmer 02-01-2010 05:05 PM

The BIG BANG!

Captain: TrippinBimmer
Weapon: XFX GTX 285

Commander: technoredneck95
Weapon: XFX HD4890

Commander: cyclometric
Weapon: EVGA GTX 260

Back-Up Member: iGuitarGuy
Weapon: Sapphire HD5850

azcrazy 02-01-2010 06:09 PM

nice to see new teams , GL guys

Volvo 02-01-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippinBimmer View Post
The BIG BANG!

Captain: TrippinBimmer
Weapon: XFX GTX 285

Commander: cyclometric
Weapon: EVGA GTX 260

Need one More Member
Taking an X1300PRO with a Pentium D? HAHAHAHA

cyclometric 02-02-2010 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcrazy View Post
nice to see new teams , GL guys
Thanks, good to be here!

koooowweeee 02-02-2010 06:21 AM

can someone help me i no what folding is, want to join a team. were do i get the software from?

repo_man 02-02-2010 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koooowweeee View Post
can someone help me i no what folding is, want to join a team. were do i get the software from?
You can download the program from Stanford University. If you're just starting I would suggest the first one listed (System tray client) and install it. It's a bit more user friendly. Just input a name you want to fold under and the OCN team number is 37726. That way your points will be counted as coming from the forum's team.

If you have any other questions about folding or just can't figure something out, please drop by the General Folding forum and look around or post a thread, there are plenty of people there that can help you.

TrippinBimmer 02-03-2010 02:12 PM

BUMP No one Else want to Join? Atleast Push out about 8k PPD?

-TrippinBimmer

cyclometric 02-03-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippinBimmer View Post
BUMP No one Else want to Join? Atleast Push out about 8k PPD?

-TrippinBimmer
Re: that 8K, TB. I've done some adjusting and overclocked shaders. Settings are currently Core 714, Mem 1198, Shades 1550. Temps not bad, and it helps the card crank out as much as 8900ppd reported in one WU I've seen... Been fiddling with my setup, in an attempt to get my GTX260 seated in Slot #2, so it could exclusively fold, without interruption for display or gaming cycles -- but every time it's not serving up the primary monitory, CUDA goes away, without which the client only does 80%.

Do you know if there's some way to trick it into thinking its the primary display, but it's just staring at the good side of a dummy plug? That'd be awesome...

azcrazy 02-03-2010 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclometric View Post
Do you know if there's some way to trick it into thinking its the primary display, but it's just staring at the good side of a dummy plug? That'd be awesome...
yes there is, is call DUMMY plug, i will look for the link.

here is one of so many out there https://www.overclock.net/overclock-n...ummy-plug.html

sdla4ever 02-04-2010 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclometric View Post
Re: that 8K, TB. I've done some adjusting and overclocked shaders. Settings are currently Core 714, Mem 1198, Shades 1550. Temps not bad, and it helps the card crank out as much as 8900ppd reported in one WU I've seen... Been fiddling with my setup, in an attempt to get my GTX260 seated in Slot #2, so it could exclusively fold, without interruption for display or gaming cycles -- but every time it's not serving up the primary monitory, CUDA goes away, without which the client only does 80%.

all you have to do is have a less card if you have a equal one then in the parameters set it with -gpu 1

I just start folding on my system and it picked the 275 which only has a dummy plug and is set for my backup VGA