Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   AMD - General (https://www.overclock.net/forum/13-amd-general/)
-   -   Quad Core for About $400!!! (https://www.overclock.net/forum/13-amd-general/666720-quad-core-about-400-a.html)

_02 02-10-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDeodorant View Post
You're doing it wrong.
You have obviously not punched someone with a hammer.

Riskitall84 02-10-2010 12:18 PM

Wow you guys in the states get all the best deals

youra6 02-10-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxcivic2k1 View Post
They can't even label the Motherboard correctly, says it's an AM3, but supports DDR2. I'd be scared to order that and have DDR2 and an AM2+ CPU and end up getting a board that has an AM3 socket which won't fit either of those, lol.

Either way it's a horrible deal, Phenom I are things not to touch especially the 9650.

EDIT: Newegg labels it correctly as an AM2+ motherboard, lol. TigerDirect FAIL!
Its probably works with a AM3 processor without an BIOS update but it just doesn't have a DDR3 IMC. Nonetheless, its a terrible marketing ad because it isn't a AM3 mobo.

webguru1985 02-10-2010 01:22 PM

Would be good for playing Unreal Tournament G.O.T.Y Probably not on max tho..... LOL

eljitto 02-10-2010 01:31 PM

its quite a good mobo, and yes, it does work with AM3

and my video card is crying because of you guys, thanks

BlackHoleSun 02-10-2010 01:36 PM

You guys do realize that there are people out there who think they are getting a deal. Not everyone overclocks and I have used that Phenom I x4 9650 before and it's a fine chip. Sure it doesn't overclock well, but for 97% of the general populous who doesn't overclock its perfectly fine.

I don't like the "gaming" nomenclature because it isn't a gaming machine by any real standards, but I also don't like many of the responses here because they are so narrow minded to "we are all overclockers so if chip X can't overclock it has no use in the world". It goes along with many of the posts that say "Quad cores are useless because gaming isn't improved on them" which brings about the people who state that computers aren't just used for gaming, and this website doesn't just have gamers on it. Realize that Tiger Direct didn't post their ad HERE, where all of us would say it was a joke, and that their word choice really does sell off a mainstream style computer for a non gamer as a "gaming machine". This isn't me trying to be a mod, this is me trying to stop stupid responses so I don't have to read through pages and pages of misinformed posts.

Back on topic, it really doesn't seem too bad of a computer, but I would trust parts and service from the egg over Tiger Direct any day of the week.

Erick Silver 02-10-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_ View Post
+1 and the memory is ddr2 677 lol
HEY! I use DDR2 667 Memory. Its all I can afford. At least its not PC3200

ovyeminem 02-10-2010 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129 View Post
1.) The Phenom I x4s that end in "50" are the later revision that fixed the TLB bug that gave the Phenoms their bad name. It's an ok processor, but it is near the bottom of the quad core heap.

2.) The RAM doesn't suck because it's DDR2. It sucks because it's generic 667MHz RAM. DDR2 800 and 1066 are just fine.

Do your research before spouting things like that.
Stop trying to be a smartass because all you are doing is putting your foot into your mouth.

1. I didnt mention any bugs, why i said to stay clear of them is because they dont OC as much as PII and the architecture was pretty slow compared to PII, just as an example even my x3 beats that 9650.

2. Where did i exactly say "it sucks" ? Only thing i said it was that it was slowly becoming outdated, i never said it is obsolete nor that it IS outdated and the fact is that is started to become outdated the moment DDR3 came out.

Evermind 02-10-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovyeminem View Post
Stop trying to be a smartass because all you are doing is putting your foot into your mouth.

1. I didnt mention any bugs, why i said to stay clear of them is because they dont OC as much as PII and the architecture was pretty slow compared to PII, just as an example even my x3 beats that 9650.

2. Where did i exactly say "it sucks" ? Only thing i said it was that it was slowly becoming outdated, i never said it is obsolete nor that it IS outdated and the fact is that is started to become outdated the moment DDR3 came out.
Lol, I was thinking the same thing when I read his response to your post.

Hy3RiD 02-12-2010 01:59 AM

lol