Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Monitors and Displays (https://www.overclock.net/forum/44-monitors-displays/)
-   -   Looking for new LCD Monitor (https://www.overclock.net/forum/44-monitors-displays/6713-looking-new-lcd-monitor.html)

danjf 11-29-2004 06:29 AM

I'm in the market for a new LCD monitor. I currently have a 20" CRT, so I wanted to stay in the 20" range (+/- 1" or so). I've read somestuff about how some LCD's (primarily older or more cost effective models) have a too high access time ( I was told to shoot for about 16). Which Brand do you guys reccomend/have had good experience with? Thamks for your help in advance!

--Dan--

thehacker11 11-29-2004 06:45 AM

i dont think it really matters cause i been buying many lcd monitors cheap like no name brands and everything and te all work fine adn fast..never gone down on me or nothing and it looks great.

rep me if i helped *its the GRAY icon on the left next to my post*

Lostnhell 11-29-2004 07:33 AM

I always recommend Samsung and Sony, stay with the brands that are tried and true.

gibant1 11-29-2004 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjf
I'm in the market for a new LCD monitor. I currently have a 20" CRT, so I wanted to stay in the 20" range (+/- 1" or so). I've read somestuff about how some LCD's (primarily older or more cost effective models) have a too high access time ( I was told to shoot for about 16). Which Brand do you guys reccomend/have had good experience with? Thamks for your help in advance!

--Dan--
Well a 19" tft will give you the same screen size as your 20" crt but it's costly to get a panel that has a fast response time (you want AT LEAST 16ms with a large pannel, good native resolution and contrast/brightness. When I've looked in the past It would cost at least £700 for a halve descent TFT.

Stick with your CRT for a year. You can now get 17" panels with 8ms responce for under £200. When they get around to the bigger panels that will be the time to get one. Also look out for the Sony deep black panels they do look good.

setite 11-29-2004 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibant1
Well a 19" tft will give you the same screen size as your 20" crt but it's costly to get a panel that has a fast response time (you want AT LEAST 16ms with a large pannel, good native resolution and contrast/brightness. When I've looked in the past It would cost at least £700 for a halve descent TFT.

Stick with your CRT for a year. You can now get 17" panels with 8ms responce for under £200. When they get around to the bigger panels that will be the time to get one. Also look out for the Sony deep black panels they do look good.
17, 19, 20.... pffft... imma be getting a LCD or DLP projector for christmas... so i say watch for my 60"+ widescreen woo woo!!! yes i know... but i just felt that i had to go overboard...

adas 11-29-2004 10:13 AM

the dell 20.1 inch is supposed to be th best monitor under 1200$ its a 1600x1200 native and has awsum picture. also the 1 i goit the samsung 21.3" is really nice, but im not sure of the response time...but the dell is 1 sweeeeet TFT, probly the only thing dell does right

muffin 11-29-2004 11:04 AM

www.overclockers.co.uk have a fairly good range - including the Hyundai ImageQuest L90D+ with 8ms response for £411 (thats $778 US)

Ship internationally.

setite 11-29-2004 11:22 AM

never... will i buy from dell

gibant1 11-29-2004 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by setite
17, 19, 20.... pffft... imma be getting a LCD or DLP projector for christmas... so i say watch for my 60"+ widescreen woo woo!!! yes i know... but i just felt that i had to go overboard...
I still have 2 x 27" Sony monitors. You get neck ache when using screens that big. I stopped using them a while back now. When I feel nostalgic I converse with your good self. The pain in the neck reminds me. ha ha Only joking mate.

gibant1 11-29-2004 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjf

--Dan--
Just found a 19" 8ms monitor that look promising
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/