Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Mice (https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-mice/)
-   -   Ikari or Xai (https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-mice/706033-ikari-xai.html)

v193r 04-06-2010 11:31 AM

Since ive heard so many bad things about the avago sensor in the xai on various surfaces; i thought maybe id like to try out the ikari.
What are some +/- on whether to get a ikari laser or optical?
I use a Qck Heavy and I am a slow sens gamer (10in for 180 @ 450DPI).
Also does the Ikari laser have the same prob?
Is the Ikari palm or claw?
Is the Xai palm or claw?

Extra Credit Question:
Now im certain most will agree with me that dpi is the amount of pixel or dots your cursor moves for one inch your mouse moves. But is dpi also the resolution of the sensor and can some explain better how laser and optical works. Right now I imagine that a mouse works like a camera and takes many pictures and determine distance moved. Speed of pictures taken is FPS.

Skylit 04-06-2010 11:42 AM

The Avago9500 doesn't track well on cloth (Negative and positive acceleration) and the Ikari optical isn't known to be the greatest mouse. Both the Ikari Laser and Xai show some traces of positive acceleration on hard pads.

Christine (lmnop) owns both these mice and should be able to give a more defined answer.

Edit: Why are you considering these? You already own a majority of well known respected gaming mice.

TheTurk 04-06-2010 11:47 AM

i have moved from mx518 to xai and i can easily say xai is an awesome mouse ! i dont know much about internal parts but it is very comfortable and it glides like no other
ive also used ikari laser for couple of days but it wasnt for me (its a palm grip) the thing is i tend to pick up the mouse when i do full turns and with ikari its really hard to pick it up ..
another plus for xai is it can be used by both types(claw/palm grip)
(ive been using xai with SS 4D mousepad and had no problems)

Jalal 04-06-2010 12:22 PM

I bought the Ikari, but it's not suited for RTS game, you automatically try to finger grip the mouse, but it's really not made for finger grip. I tested it also with FPS but it takes time to get used to it. Anyway, imo definitive not a RTS mouse even if EG.Grubby uses it.
Besides i noticed no tracking problems. But keep in mind that it has negative acceleration if you play on low sensibility.
Well, after one day i exchanged it with the Xai which really feels like an improvment to my previous mices (wmo 1.1a, salmosa, krait), and it has no tracking problems on my Poly Propylene Mousemat. Now i intend to buy the Icemat/Experience I-1 because it tracks very good on glass surfaces too.

Quote:
i have moved from mx518 to xai and i can easily say xai is an awesome mouse ! i dont know much about internal parts but it is very comfortable and it glides like no other
ive also used ikari laser for couple of days but it wasnt for me (its a palm grip) the thing is i tend to pick up the mouse when i do full turns and with ikari its really hard to pick it up ..
another plus for xai is it can be used by both types(claw/palm grip)
(ive been using xai with SS 4D mousepad and had no problems)
Signed

v193r 04-06-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post
The Avago9500 doesn't track well on cloth (Negative and positive acceleration) and the Ikari optical isn't known to be the greatest mouse. Both the Ikari Laser and Xai show some traces of positive acceleration on hard pads.

Christine (lmnop) owns both these mice and should be able to give a more defined answer.

Edit: Why are you considering these? You already own a majority of well known respected gaming mice.
ur never happy with wat u have. plus i heard great things. Ikari seems to be a good choice. Optical i think.

lmnop 04-06-2010 04:39 PM

steelseries Ikari Laser and Mionix Saiph 3200 use the same Cypress laser sensor. the sensor has some negative acceleration but it's not nearly as bad as the Microsoft Intellimouse series. Medusa-USA has the Mionix Saiph 3200 for $55.63. a feature I really like on mice is rubber siding which the Mionix Saiph 3200 has.

I have never had any problems with the steelseries Ikari Laser with finger tip grip.

if you want more information on the steelseries Ikari Laser grips see this video.

film_go.pngYouTube- Steelseries Ikari Laser Gaming Mouse Review

I have layed out some heavy weights from OGL and STA with the steelseries Ikari Laser so I don't have anything negative to say about it.

I like steelseries mice because the sensors meet my requirements, they use microswitches and scroll wheels that Logitech and Razer don't use and have good build quality.

both optical and laser mice are designed to project a light, the light is reflected back to the CMOS, CMOS creates low to medium resolution gray-scale images and sends them to the DSP, DSP detects changes in patterns between movements, DSP calculates how far the mouse has moved using a coordinate system.

the light in a laser is much higher in energy than a light emitting diode and produces a speckle pattern allowing it to resolve shiny, transparent and other surfaces such as these.

Avago 6010 in the Logitech G5 (Laser)

Avago 3080E in the Logitech MX-518 (Optical)

in years past optical sensors like the Avago 3080E were faster than laser sensors except the average person isn't going to moving their mouse over 2 m/s.

lasers are more advanced they can track more accurately and on multiple surfaces. negative acceleration, positive acceleration, jitter, skipping and angle snapping are all problems that exist both on laser and optical.

Christine

v193r 04-06-2010 07:05 PM

wat is the core magna mousepad? wat mousepad do you use immop? how can i choose between ikari laser and optical(which on better for low sens)? how do measure how fast i move my mouse(10in for 180)?

lmnop 04-06-2010 07:13 PM

I use a 12x12 polished granite tile. corepad magna is a glass surface like the steelseries experience I-1/2 or Icemat and Icemat SE. I read the steelseries Ikari Optical has some problems. are you a low sensitivity gamer? if so you should select a mouse with no negative acceleration at all.

Christine

v193r 04-06-2010 07:16 PM

the ikari seem weak here. however the g9x(same avago sensor as the xai).

v193r 04-07-2010 02:57 PM

does the ikari laser sensor or ikari optical sensor have less problems than the xai's?