Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Overclock.net BOINC Team (https://www.overclock.net/forum/365-overclock-net-boinc-team/)
-   -   Need more members (https://www.overclock.net/forum/365-overclock-net-boinc-team/749358-need-more-members.html)

Bal3Wolf 06-06-2010 04:03 PM

We need to find a way to get us more members running boinc another 100 members would be great and we would start flying by alot more teams.

zodac 06-06-2010 07:13 PM

Just an observation; BOINC has a lot of projects, most of which have different goals and aims. The best way of getting more BOINC members is deciding the Project of the Month (don't know whether you've started that yet?), then promoting the goal of that project.

With so many different options, people are split over what exactly they're working towards. With a single project to focus on, it would be a lot easier to get word out.

kurt1288 06-06-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodac View Post
Just an observation; BOINC has a lot of projects, most of which have different goals and aims. The best way of getting more BOINC members is deciding the Project of the Month (don't know whether you've started that yet?), then promoting the goal of that project.

With so many different options, people are split over what exactly they're working towards. With a single project to focus on, it would be a lot easier to get word out.
Indeed it has: https://www.overclock.net/overclock-n...ne-2010-a.html (it's Rosetta). But I'm sure you know that already

There's also both project and team (other team) challenges that people/we could contribute towards.

Team Challenges
Project Challenges

49 active people (according to BOINCstats, which looking at it, has to be wrong) and pretty much 99.99% of the contribution is held by 4 people

Sethy666 06-06-2010 07:43 PM

I would love to help out but Im heavily into folding ATM and all my free PC time is used for that.

Good luck though..

Bal3Wolf 06-06-2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

I think thats what makes boinc so good you can do your faviorte project but you will still be helping your team overclock.net.

zodac 06-06-2010 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bal3Wolf View Post
I think thats what makes boinc so good you can do your faviorte project but you will still be helping your team overclock.net.
While that's true, I think first of all you need to raise awareness. Use the Project of the Month as a platform to get new members into BOINC, then give them the information to spread to other projects.

biltong 06-07-2010 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt1288 View Post
pretty much 99.99% of the contribution is held by 4 people
0.01% of that is me xD

I can only run when I'm at home and not gaming >.>

kurt1288 06-07-2010 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biltong View Post
0.01% of that is me xD

I can only run when I'm at home and not gaming >.>
But at least your contributing .

Gluten-free huh? You have Celiac, or is it for some other reason?

D3FiN3 SiN 06-07-2010 07:50 AM

Quote:
While that's true, I think first of all you need to raise awareness. Use the Project of the Month as a platform to get new members into BOINC, then give them the information to spread to other projects.
Str8 up trollin', lol.

[pink text]

biltong 06-07-2010 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt1288 View Post
Gluten-free huh? You have Celiac, or is it for some other reason?
o.o First person I've met on the interwebz that knows what that means xD

Yep I've got Celiac