Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Monitors and Displays (https://www.overclock.net/forum/44-monitors-displays/)
-   -   New HDTV as second display problems! (https://www.overclock.net/forum/44-monitors-displays/7598-new-hdtv-second-display-problems.html)

KuipeDogg 12-16-2004 04:31 PM

Yo hey peeps, I havent posted in a bit hows everybody doing?

I just got a JVC 30" Widescreen HDTV,
finally got it to run as my second display but it wont run as a clone [ony extended] and if i try to run games the dont boot, any Ideas?

blob 12-16-2004 05:16 PM

Games dont like dual displays, you might want to search for games that support them.

RunningRioT 12-17-2004 10:13 PM

there are mods for unreal, quake, and a few others, google them up.

MrSmiley 12-17-2004 10:33 PM

hmmm I'm just fine. I am loving my dual display (thanks again slow'puter). I can read people's IM's while "Killing the baddies" in Day of Defeat.

Burn 12-18-2004 06:11 PM

can i dual disp 2 CRT's?

RunningRioT 12-19-2004 12:15 AM

if ur fx5200 has a dvi adapter, just get a dvi-vga adapter.

Burn 12-19-2004 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningRioT
if ur fx5200 has a dvi adapter, just get a dvi-vga adapter.
yeah, is there any performance gain from it? cuz i have it hooked up to the blue connector. will the dvi-vga adapter give me better results? also, can i dual setup 2 crt's with it?

RunningRioT 12-19-2004 07:10 PM

No, i wouldnt use the dvi-vga for just a single display on a crt.
because the video that comes out of the card is digital, then the converter would have to put it in analog.

then the vga is the same thing, except its better.

vga only for crt,
or adapter for dual display.

so for dual display
display 1 ------------- analog blue
display 2 ----adapter---dvi

Burn 12-19-2004 07:28 PM

ooooh it makes sense now. so i hook up 1 crt to the blue vga, then another to the dvi using an adapter? i think i have it right... now will i get problems w/ recognizing the two displays?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningRioT
No, i wouldnt use the dvi-vga for just a single display on a crt.
because the video that comes out of the card is digital, then the converter would have to put it in analog.

then the vga is the same thing, except its better.

vga only for crt,
or adapter for dual display.

so for dual display
display 1 ------------- analog blue
display 2 ----adapter---dvi

adas 12-19-2004 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVkid*AFZ*
ooooh it makes sense now. so i hook up 1 crt to the blue vga, then another to the dvi using an adapter? i think i have it right... now will i get problems w/ recognizing the two displays?
nope, they both are recognized the same way, and work the same way, jjust depends how u put the displays to function

btw i send the card Atvkid ull get it on wednesday