Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Overclock.net BOINC Team (https://www.overclock.net/forum/365-overclock-net-boinc-team/)
-   -   Wanna join OCN BOINC Team but.. (https://www.overclock.net/forum/365-overclock-net-boinc-team/804003-wanna-join-ocn-boinc-team-but.html)

Nautilus 08-18-2010 10:57 AM

I've been crunching for a very long time, in team KWSN (Knights Who Say Ni). Mostly [email protected] And probably will be one of the top crunchers if i join OCN team. But the thing is i can't. There are no "Join this team" link on OCN's team page. So how do you guys accept new members? Don't lose me OCN, i've just quit from my team for you...

OutOfBalanceOX 08-18-2010 11:01 AM

https://www.overclock.net/overclock-n...s-windows.html

k4m1k4z3 08-18-2010 11:14 AM

... for some reason I dont think that was what he meant...


Dont you see a "join team" link here?
http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/...hp?teamid=2215

Nautilus 08-18-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfBalanceOX View Post
Sorry. I'm not using [email protected] Only [email protected] And there are no "Join this team" link there. Can someone update this page please?

http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/...hp?teamid=2215

OutOfBalanceOX 08-18-2010 11:17 AM

just reinstall the client the same way as the guide shows, but replace rosetta with milkyway.

Nautilus 08-18-2010 11:18 AM

OK. Did it using BAM!.

MrBalll 08-18-2010 11:19 AM

I personally know nothing nothing about BOINC so this post could be useless, but...
If you read the 4th'ish paragraph, under the shooting smiley, it has a how to join paragraph. Does that help?

k4m1k4z3 08-18-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
Sorry. I'm not using [email protected] Only [email protected] And there are no "Join this team" link there. Can someone update this page please?

http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/...hp?teamid=2215
I can see the link on that page

Nautilus 08-18-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4m1k4z3 View Post
I can see the link on that page
lol weird indeed. maybe the system needs some time to update itself. it probably have been IDing me still in my previous team.

Phobos223 08-18-2010 11:30 AM

I just type it in when I connect to a new project "overclock.net" should work???

DarkRyder 08-18-2010 01:13 PM

i never got bam to work. I had to log into each projects website and join the team there. it took 24-48 hrs for all to switch and to show me as on team OCN

Gill.. 08-22-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
I've been crunching for a very long time, in team KWSN (Knights Who Say Ni). Mostly [email protected] And probably will be one of the top crunchers if i join OCN team. But the thing is i can't. There are no "Join this team" link on OCN's team page. So how do you guys accept new members? Don't lose me OCN, i've just quit from my team for you...
welcome, did you get it all straightened out? I joined project by project myself..

Nautilus 08-22-2010 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill.. View Post
welcome, did you get it all straightened out? I joined project by project myself..
Yeah everything is fine. My computer processes NBody Simulations ATM

DarkRyder 08-23-2010 06:56 AM

nice. how long do those take to run? are they cpu only or gpu only apps ?

Nautilus 08-23-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRyder View Post
nice. how long do those take to run? are they cpu only or gpu only apps ?
They are CPU only tasks and take 7mins 11secs (with my 3.82Ghz Q9550) to complete. They ruin my PPD though. Because the client get them so much that sometimes they replace all GPU tasks. I happen to see having a list of 24 tasks full of N-Body :/

My GPU on the other hand completes a task in 1min 25secs. So i prefer having more GPU tasks than N-Body.

DarkRyder 08-23-2010 06:56 PM

what project is that ?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.