Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software (https://www.overclock.net/forum/71-nvidia-drivers-overclocking-software/)
-   -   I need to roll back the drivers on a GTS 450, but there's only one officia driver... (https://www.overclock.net/forum/71-nvidia-drivers-overclocking-software/888886-i-need-roll-back-drivers-gts-450-but-theres-only-one-officia-driver.html)

[\/]Paris 12-13-2010 09:26 PM

Many thanks to Nvidia, their newest driver release completely breaks some of Maya's functionality.

When trying to enable high quality preview in the viewport, Maya states the graphics card is not supported.

Anywho rant aside I need to know if it's possible to revert a GTS 450 to an older driver revision. Right now only one driver release officially supports the 450 so I don't know what will happen if I try to use an older option....

Will it work? Will it refuse to install??

*Update* tried the latest drivers with no affect, the bug still remains, trying to download a hotfix from Autodesk...

TwoCables 12-13-2010 10:51 PM

Which driver version do you have? Do you have 260.99, or 260.89? Which one were you using before?

[\/]Paris 12-13-2010 10:57 PM

260.89.

Only these two drivers are supported on a GTS450. Trying the .99 drivers but unhopeful it will make a difference..

TwoCables 12-13-2010 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [\/]Paris;11640536 
260.89.

Only these two drivers are supported on a GTS450.
Was 260.89 the one you were using before, or is it the one you are using now? If you haven't tried 260.99 yet, then try it.

And yeah, I know that 260.89 and 260.99 are the only two that officially support the GTS 450.

bloke226 12-14-2010 07:10 AM

I didn't know there was an .89. I use .99 and haven't ran into any issues at all.

[\/]Paris 12-14-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloke226;11642908 
I didn't know there was an .89. I use .99 and haven't ran into any issues at all.

Do you use Maya 2011 at all?

That's where the problems are occurring.


bloke226 12-14-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [\/]Paris;11644618 
Do you use Maya 2011 at all?

That's where the problems are occurring.

I've also confirmed that, at least on all of the 260.xx drivers ALL geforce cards, from a 6800GT to a 480GTX encounter the same error in Maya! >_<</div>

No :\ Sorry. I play a lot of games though... SCII, TF2, L4D2, JC2, HoN, Borderlands, etc

TwoCables 12-14-2010 10:54 PM

[\/]Paris: what was the driver you were using before? I mean, which driver worked?

I mean, I still don't know which one you were using before; I only know which one you're using now (I asked in my first reply which one you were using before). Or, is it that you never used an older driver because you recently installed the GTS 450?

[\/]Paris 12-15-2010 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables;11653143 
[\/]Paris: what was the driver you were using before? I mean, which driver worked?

I mean, I still don't know which one you were using before; I only know which one you're using now (I asked in my first reply which one you were using before). Or, is it that you never used an older driver because you recently installed the GTS 450?

Sorry, I didn't see that. The older drivers aren't supported by the GTS450. The GTS 450 is a friends card, but I'm able to repeat the same problem she's having on the 6800GT I'm currently using.

Previously I was running the 258.XX drivers, which allowed Maya 2010 to work without issue. It's only once upgrading to either the 260.89 or 260.99 drivers that the issue occurs. I've asked in the artists community polycount if anyone else experienced this issue and this is a list of the video cards/OS's affected by the driver regression.
----
6800 GT + Win XP x32 (my test setup)
8800 GT + Win Vista x32
GTX 260 SLI + Win 7 x64 (my home setup)
GTX 275 + Win 7 x 64
GTS 450 + Win 7 x64 No current viable fix, official support for 260.XX drivers only!
GTX 480 + ?

TwoCables 12-15-2010 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [\/]Paris;11656935 
Sorry, I didn't see that. The older drivers aren't supported by the GTS450. The GTS 450 is a friends card, but I'm able to repeat the same problem she's having on the 6800GT I'm currently using.

Previously I was running the 258.XX drivers, which allowed Maya 2010 to work without issue. It's only once upgrading to either the 260.89 or 260.99 drivers that the issue occurs. I've asked in the artists community polycount if anyone else experienced this issue and this is a list of the video cards/OS's affected by the driver regression.
----
6800 GT + Win XP x32 (my test setup)
8800 GT + Win Vista x32
GTX 260 SLI + Win 7 x64 (my home setup)
GTX 275 + Win 7 x 64
GTS 450 + Win 7 x64 No current viable fix, official support for 260.XX drivers only!
GTX 480 + ?
I am fully aware that the driver versions prior to 260.89 do not support the GTS 450, but I've seen others on here in the past using custom drivers for older cards, so I had to wonder if perhaps there was something else you were using prior to 260.89 and 260.99 that alllowed Maya to work just fine with the GTS 450.

But now I understand that ever since acquiring the GTS 450, Maya has not worked properly. So therefore, I think we should assume that it may require NVIDIA to release a new driver.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.