Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Computer Cases (https://www.overclock.net/forum/161-computer-cases/)
-   -   [Official] Case Labs Owners Club (https://www.overclock.net/forum/161-computer-cases/940461-official-case-labs-owners-club.html)

alexstreetwolf 07-02-2020 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Section31 (Post 28522096)
There seems to be an increase in people selling caselabs cases now. Understandable with the bad economy globally. Even i would consider sell my caselabs s8 if I could recover full costs.

Damn this covid.

These cases are great. Shame caselabs went out of business. I have an sma8 with two 560 rads and they perform great. The space it has in the basement and the back where the psu cables go is great too. I was deciding between this and the TT Wp100 but the build quality of the sma8 won me over. I have no idea why I bought a phanteks primo 3 years ago instead of a caselabs case.

Section31 07-02-2020 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexstreetwolf (Post 28523854)
Damn this covid.

These cases are great. Shame caselabs went out of business. I have an sma8 with two 560 rads and they perform great. The space it has in the basement and the back where the psu cables go is great too. I was deciding between this and the TT Wp100 but the build quality of the sma8 won me over. I have no idea why I bought a phanteks primo 3 years ago instead of a caselabs case.

I agree. Good choice on your part. I was debating sma8a revision versus 2080ti in 2018 lol. Well the whole story with that, the last two years of upgrades (including ryzen 3000) were useless when I could have solved my problems by either getting the sma8a revision with 560mm rads or adding an Mo-Ra3 420 to my collection of cooling. That would have actually been best financial measure as the i9-7920X only issue i had was its high temperature and adding cooling would have kept it fine. Could have just saved the money since i didn't use the 2080TI much and pretty much will go to 3080TI at this point and still have enough ready for next year platform (alderlake/ryzen 5000).

alexstreetwolf 07-02-2020 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Section31 (Post 28523878)
I agree. Good choice on your part. I was debating sma8a revision versus 2080ti in 2018 lol. Well the whole story with that, the last two years of upgrades (including ryzen 3000) were useless when I could have solved my problems by either getting the sma8a revision with 560mm rads or adding an Mo-Ra3 420 to my collection of cooling. That would have actually been best financial measure as the i9-7920X only issue i had was its high temperature and adding cooling would have kept it fine. Could have just saved the money since i didn't use the 2080TI much and pretty much will go to 3080TI at this point and still have enough ready for next year platform (alderlake/ryzen 5000).

Sma8a would have been a great choice. 7920x is a hot chip. What do you have now to cool it?
I'm also looking to upgrade this year to a ryzen 4000 from an i7 5960x and to the 3080ti from a 1080ti. I feel the cpu is starting to struggle in open world games.

Section31 07-03-2020 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexstreetwolf (Post 28523908)
Sma8a would have been a great choice. 7920x is a hot chip. What do you have now to cool it?
I'm also looking to upgrade this year to a ryzen 4000 from an i7 5960x and to the 3080ti from a 1080ti. I feel the cpu is starting to struggle in open world games.

You want my opinion, don't bother upgrading the cpu this year. Not worth it with Intel Alderlake/Ryzen 5000 One year away and them both going to DDR5, USB4, etc. Better off to save more money and go for that unless you earn a lot. That and those CPU may endup needing an new CPU block at this rate. Cooling I should have gone and followed all the others and get an Mo-Ra3. I ended up getting one, the 420 version and its basically solved all my cooling needs.

Right now, i am debating (once i get my TongFeng 4800h with RTX2060 in) to sell off the 3950X/X570 Board and possibly bulk of that rig and build up funds further for the Alderlake/Ryzen 5000 Rig.

skupples 07-03-2020 04:42 PM

if anyone in florida is ever looking to part with some CL stuff, lmk. I got benjis & a car. :D


We have this mini-rack at work that I might convert into a ghetto TX10-H(orizontal). :D :D :D

Michaelxdrift 07-03-2020 06:54 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexstreetwolf (Post 28520200)
Is there a way to convert the regular top of a sma8 to a revision A? Or selling the top of 480 of the sma8.

I hope this is what you're looking for.

shellshocked 07-05-2020 11:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 28521820)
Hey everyone, this is a huge long shot but I'm looking for a few TX10 parts/accessories:

140x9 super mount radiator mount

Extended top

TX10 pedestal

If anyone is interested, you can name your price on any of the items I've listed. Also, I've got tons of CL accessories if you're interested or in need of any.

Thanks a lot everyone!

Hey, I plan on holding onto the mounts for the TX10, because of Caselabs going out of business and I don't have an alternative. I have attached photos of my 9x120 and 4x180 super mounts for your reference. If you need more photos or measurements, please let me know.

alexstreetwolf 07-13-2020 02:40 PM

Good afternoon,

Would anybody know how accurate is cad file of the sma8 on the 3dwarehouse website? I'm going to see if a local metal shop can make a part for me.

Ovrclck 07-14-2020 06:12 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Couple photos of my finished S5.

Michaelxdrift 07-17-2020 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ovrclck (Post 28537698)
Couple photos of my finished S5.

still rocking a 4790k huh? Pretty good looking overall.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.