Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community (https://www.overclock.net/forum/)
-   Computer Cases (https://www.overclock.net/forum/161-computer-cases/)
-   -   [Official] Case Labs Owners Club (https://www.overclock.net/forum/161-computer-cases/940461-official-case-labs-owners-club.html)

EKJake 02-13-2011 03:05 PM

Hi Everyone - I'm taking over this thread from Iamwardicus so PM me with questions.

Please also make sure you're also on the official build log list here

To get added, post in this thread with a pic of your case, preferably also include a link to your build log!

For those who don't know - Aquaeros are non standard on their sizing and you may need this accessory in order to mount one: http://www.caselabs-store.com/flex-bay-5-25-device-mount-short-nonconforming/

Sig Link:
Code:
[center][URL="https://www.overclock.net/computer-cases/940461-official-case-labs-owners-club.html#post12374637"]*Official* [B][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]CaseLabs[/COLOR][/B] Owners Club![/URL][/center]

We'll also be having some votes for "best build" in each case.

600x330px-LL-dd8a8aa2_DSC_2158.jpeg

<3 CaseLabs <3

fshizl 02-22-2011 09:49 PM

fshizl - Fshizl's Extravaganza

Jamanious 03-08-2011 10:55 PM

Mine's just arrived today. I'm not going to have a build log for a while, but I'll make one when I've sorted out what to order in.

Somenamehere 03-09-2011 12:44 AM

My M8 arrives Thursday, ill post pictures either that day or Friday.

iamwardicus 03-09-2011 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somenamehere;12665647 
My M8 arrives Thursday, ill post pictures either that day or Friday.

Congrats!!!! Believe me - You will love this case!

p0Pe 03-09-2011 03:58 PM

Still working on mine:D Need a few more pics, and i can finish up and start up the buildlog:) As always, my ideas is taking longer than expected biggrin.gif

iamwardicus 03-09-2011 06:31 PM

Mine is sadly on hold now :sad: My parents sold me their car and I couldn't pass it up - so the money I've budgeted for watercooling parts is gone frown.gif My last major extras are going to be my GT 2150's whenever we get that info from Chipp (and that's only because I put my name on it and dedicated to it... otherwise I'd be forgoing that too frown.gif)

Extreme Newbie 03-09-2011 07:42 PM

Looks like mine was shipped today.biggrin.gif

Somenamehere 03-09-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwardicus;12674972 
Mine is sadly on hold now :sad: My parents sold me their car and I couldn't pass it up - so the money I've budgeted for watercooling parts is gone frown.gif My last major extras are going to be my GT 2150's whenever we get that info from Chipp (and that's only because I put my name on it and dedicated to it... otherwise I'd be forgoing that too frown.gif)

I am also waiting on the GT2150's (need 16 for this case). Kinda has me worried since its been weeks without an update and both threads are closed.

A-Dub 03-10-2011 02:02 PM

I didn't have the time the make a proper build log as I had hoped when I put this together, but here's a few pictures now that its (mostly) finished.

IMG_3115.jpg
IMG_3116.jpg
IMG_3117.jpg

This side still needs a lot of work. I'd like to eventually finish sleeving everything, and figure out what to do with that mess of cables.
IMG_3118.jpg

I love the case, its probably the most I've ever spend on any single computer part but I think it was worth every penny.

VSpecII 03-10-2011 07:12 PM

Nice looking system A-Dub.

My case should be in some time next week biggrin.gif. Hopefully the SB motherboards will start coming into buyable quantities before the end of the year....err month eek.gif. Either that or I pony up and buy a 990x system.

ezveedub 03-10-2011 07:35 PM

I'll be on the list soon. Ordered this week, but will be waiting for minor stuff that Jim's working on. Well worth the wait!!

iamwardicus 03-11-2011 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somenamehere;12676370 
I am also waiting on the GT2150's (need 16 for this case). Kinda has me worried since its been weeks without an update and both threads are closed.

Don't be worried - with the keyboard deal that OCN did and the other website upgrades they're working on behind the scenes - I'm positive Chipp/Admin have had their hands full. Also they have to deal with communication between themselves, Tankguys, and Nidec - and that stuff takes some time. The ball is rolling, we just need to be patient about it (I need 12 fans myself... and the budget I set aside is burning a hole in my pocket atm...)

Juggalo23451 03-11-2011 07:31 AM

Would anybody want me to do a review of the th10 case when I get it?

X-Nine 03-11-2011 03:51 PM

Just paid for mine today! WOOT! Add me to the list!

iamwardicus 03-11-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo23451;12692865 
Would anybody want me to do a review of the th10 case when I get it?

Absolutely! I'm always up for more reviews :-D With luck they'll hit digg or something and generate some publicity for OCN / CL

Somenamehere 03-14-2011 11:20 PM

Anyone know what type of material xyeLz used in his build to mount his reservoir ? I really don't want to drill into this beauty.

I sent him a PM but he doesn't seem to be on much.

ezveedub 03-15-2011 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somenamehere;12737149 
Anyone know what type of material xyeLz used in his build to mount his reservoir ? I really don't want to drill into this beauty.

I sent him a PM but he doesn't seem to be on much.

He used 3M dual lock

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3M-Industrial/Adhesives/Promotions-New-Products/Reclosable-Fasteners/
https://www.overclock.net/water-cooling/939431-build-log-x1-7.html#post12410006

HybridCore 03-17-2011 04:13 AM

Can somebody ask a mod to make this official? How about CaseLabs? It is his section.

VSpecII 03-17-2011 04:27 AM

Ya know....if you want this to be official, you might want it to be moved to the Computer Case section. Not that I mind it here, but it would make the case a bit more visible to the average viewer to this forum. Just my 2 cents.

Seeing Red 03-17-2011 06:38 AM

I just got my M10 with pedestal yesterday. I LOVE IT!!! biggrin.gif

I have a fresh slate to do whatever I want now. I'll start a build log once I get most of the parts in.

Extreme Newbie 03-20-2011 07:20 PM

My M8 arrived last week:D
Its almost complete and will post a build log when I get a chance.

Bear907 03-22-2011 05:07 PM

Add me to the list. I've started a buildlog for my shiny new M8! Check sig link.

Hoping the Case Labs folks don't mind to much, but I do have a few mods planned. Namely removing the fan mounts and grill from the PSU side front, interior paint and lighting, should be fun!

Feedback in the build log would be appreciated.

Extreme Newbie 03-22-2011 05:26 PM

The build with my M8 is complete:wheee:

Build log can be found here

Don't tell Jim that I cut into this beautiful case.biggrin.gif

werds 03-23-2011 04:34 PM

Ok - so a question for those of you who have received your cases... I am on the verge of purchasing a TH10 - but I have a problem- I can't justify to my wife a case that large and that empty for any lengthy period of time.

My problem? Is that I lack the fans I want for this build - Gentle Typhoon AP15's... frown.gif

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on how I might easily procure a qty of 20ish or so GT's?

Bear907 03-23-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by werds;12843918 
Ok - so a question for those of you who have received your cases... I am on the verge of purchasing a TH10 - but I have a problem- I can't justify to my wife a case that large and that empty for any lengthy period of time.

My problem? Is that I lack the fans I want for this build - Gentle Typhoon AP15's... frown.gif

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on how I might easily procure a qty of 20ish or so GT's?

if you figure it out, let me know. And with the 2150 order seemingly stalled . . .

As it stands, I'm looking at yate loons myself . . .

kiwwanna 03-23-2011 06:28 PM

http://www.dazmode.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=87_89&products_id=1148

13... a few days ago they had 40. They get stock frequently.

werds 03-23-2011 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwwanna;12845311 
http://www.dazmode.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=87_89&products_id=1148

hrmmm 20 bucks plus shipping confused.gif.... +rep for the link

ezveedub 03-23-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwwanna;12845311 

Only 1 left now eek.gif

werds 03-24-2011 03:52 AM

Big thank you to cc_brandon for the tip on some hidden GT's!!! I haz my 24 AP-15's ordered now smile.gif

ezveedub 03-24-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by werds;12850004 
Big thank you to cc_brandon for the tip on some hidden GT's!!! I haz my 24 AP-15's ordered now smile.gif

24 GTs!! I no wonder stock is low now this morning.

werds 03-24-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub;12853783 
24 GTs!! I no wonder stock is low now this morning.

Brandon deserves a beer - I got my 24 25 from his tip and they only ended up costing me $14.09 each!

ezveedub 03-24-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by werds;12855699 
Brandon deserves a beer - I got my 24 25 from his tip and they only ended up costing me $14.09 each!

LOL, now I know it was you! I just grabbed some more along with EK compression fittings for 7/16 ID hose.

Bear907 03-24-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by werds;12855699 

14.09 each?? share the love?

Dazmode shows 1 left at 19.99.

werds 03-24-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear907;12857186 
14.09 each?? share the love?

Dazmode shows 1 left at 19.99.

Unfortunately they are out of stock now - thanks mostly to me since I am using these fans for two separate builds. Sent you a PM though so you can keep an eye out!

werds 03-24-2011 06:15 PM

Pew pew pew! M8 ordered! wheee.gifwheee.gifwheee.gif

dan0h 03-25-2011 12:27 PM

The first M8 to come to the UK - will get a build log up soon smile.gif Whoop!

johnnyfive622 03-25-2011 12:37 PM

M10 comin to me soon!

Snuddi 03-25-2011 03:21 PM

I just ordered mine to Iceland. Pretty high cost including shipping and 25,5% taxes, but hopefully worth every penny.

Chunky_Chimp 03-25-2011 04:57 PM

Since this is moved into the section it's in now, I'll go ahead and approve the official status already denoted in the title. smile.gif

iamwardicus 03-25-2011 05:13 PM

Many thanks to both NuclearCrap & Chunky_Chimp for getting this thread over here! Now show us what you guys can do with the M-series & T-series cases!

werds 03-25-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwardicus;12871191 
Many thanks to both NuclearCrap & Chunky_Chimp for getting this thread over here! Now show us what you guys can do with the M-series & T-series cases!

Time for you to add the official signature information to the first post tongue.gif
I am waiting on my M8 now and just finished ordering the bulk of my watercooling gear...

Anyone know of any easy way for me to find information on sleeving and purchasing sleeving? I don'tplan on doing it right now... my pocketbook needs to recover some still- but with the amount of money going into this rig I may as well learn how to sleeve stuff properly so I can get'er done sooner or later drum.gif

Looking at something like this atm http://www.aquatuning.us/product_info.php/info/p7263_mod-smart-Flexsleeve-Basic-System-Sleeving-Kit-white.html

But still dunno what is good/bad and where to look or what to look for - also how is everyone shrinking the heatwrap - I think my house is devoid of hairdryers as I have never seen or heard my wife use one and I shave my head tongue.gif

Extreme Newbie 03-25-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by werds;12871779 
Time for you to add the official signature information to the first post tongue.gif
I am waiting on my M8 now and just finished ordering the bulk of my watercooling gear...

Anyone know of any easy way for me to find information on sleeving and purchasing sleeving? I don'tplan on doing it right now... my pocketbook needs to recover some still- but with the amount of money going into this rig I may as well learn how to sleeve stuff properly so I can get'er done sooner or later drum.gif

Looking at something like this atm http://www.aquatuning.us/product_info.php/info/p7263_mod-smart-Flexsleeve-Basic-System-Sleeving-Kit-white.html

But still dunno what is good/bad and where to look or what to look for - also how is everyone shrinking the heatwrap - I think my house is devoid of hairdryers as I have never seen or heard my wife use one and I shave my head tongue.gif

There is a great thread here on sleeving.

Seeing Red 03-25-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by werds;12871779 

MDPC-X is probably the best you can get, little pricey after shipping though.

I've seen some high density sleeving on eBay but only in black.

If you don't have a hair blow dryer it might be best to get a dedicated heat gun if you are going to sleeve a lot of wires. They get hotter and most of them allow you to adjust the temperature. I have [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Grizzly-H0800-Heat-Gun-1200/dp/B0000DD1KP/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=industrial&qid=1301106809&sr=8-2"]this one[/ame] and it works pretty good. There also plenty of other options.

Forsaken_id 03-26-2011 06:05 AM

Please add me. I got my M8 a couple days ago. I'll post a build/setup details probably the beginning of this coming week.
Pardon the messy man-cave in the background (it's my paintball/project/PC room of happiness). tongue.gif
Forsaken_Caselabs_M8013.jpg
Forsaken_Caselabs_M8014.jpg

Also, how's this for customer service: The day before it was scheduled to arrive, Jim thought they may have shipped it with M3 screws for my HDs (He was right) and overnighted 6-32s so they would arrive when the case did. thumbsupsmiley.pngsmile.gif

VSpecII 03-26-2011 06:22 AM

Yay, it's official now.

Snuddi - Ouch on the taxes, but it is definately worth the cost. Case is well made, and there are multiple options to set things up.

Werd - Mdpc-x is the best high density sleeving you can get. Take a look at Nordar's Lian Li build in the watercooling section, he gives some very good pics on how to sleeve. I think Xtremesystems forum has a really good tutorial on how to do it.

werds 03-26-2011 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Newbie;12872548 
There is a great thread here on sleeving.

Awesome! Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeing Red;12872709 
MDPC-X is probably the best you can get, little pricey after shipping though.

I've seen some high density sleeving on eBay but only in black.

If you don't have a hair blow dryer it might be best to get a dedicated heat gun if you are going to sleeve a lot of wires. They get hotter and most of them allow you to adjust the temperature. I have this one and it works pretty good. There also plenty of other options.

Perfect - just the information I needed- can start saving up for that over the summer now smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSpecII;12876499 

Werd - Mdpc-x is the best high density sleeving you can get. Take a look at Nordar's Lian Li build in the watercooling section, he gives some very good pics on how to sleeve. I think Xtremesystems forum has a really good tutorial on how to do it.

Yea, I see alot of stuff come up in Google from that forum about this stuff - will take a look at the stuff you mentioned thanks!

Jim-CL 03-26-2011 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp;12871017 
Since this is moved into the section it's in now, I'll go ahead and approve the official status already denoted in the title. smile.gif

Very cool! Thank you (and NuclearCrap)!! biggrin.gif

werds 03-26-2011 11:22 AM

Ok so while planning out my build I did a little MS Paint. Figured I would ask you guys here if there are any flaws that I cannot see since I still do not have the case in my possession atm. Note this will be sitting on the floor underneath my desk in a carpeted room. House has a dog that sheds like crazy and gets pretty dusty fast in here!

I plan on leaving the cover plates on the holes at the bottom of the case to reduce intake of fur and dust if possible.

The shoggy sammich will actually be a home made version using an old mouse pad and some kitchen sponges from the dollar store. The MCP350 pumps will be mounted on UN designs pump mounts in order to provide some airflow between them and the sammich.

The following drawing is not to scale! position of items drawn are generalized since I didn't have the patience to go detailed. The case I purchased is an inverted ATX - when I was laying out the drawing I forgot all about it until I started drawing the CPU block - either way layout would be similar just on a mirrored side biggrin.gif

Comments and thoughts welcome!

*Edit* 27Mar2010 - I just now posted a new layout for a possible different build... MH10!

VSpecII 03-26-2011 02:42 PM

Doesn't look too bad. Be aware with the fan controller that you may not have room for the hookups (depending on the controller). You will have to shorten the brackets, as the top rad won't fit inbetween them due to spacing of the holes, and the brackets stick out anyways.

On a question of my own, what is the best way to shorten the drive brackets without messing up the paint?

johnmw1 03-26-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by werds;12878748 
The shoggy sammich

Dare I even ask what a shoggy sammich is? Sounds like soggy sandwich to me. biggrin.gif

Cheers,
John

X-Nine 03-26-2011 04:36 PM

Mine will be here wednesday! Woot! Half my watercoolipng stuff will be here at the end of the week. And on the 15th I order the rest. Expect a full buildlog.

werds 03-26-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSpecII;12880762 
Doesn't look too bad. Be aware with the fan controller that you may not have room for the hookups (depending on the controller). You will have to shorten the brackets, as the top rad won't fit inbetween them due to spacing of the holes, and the brackets stick out anyways.

Hmmm thanks for the tip - hopefully if things work out I may be able to put it down in the second 5.25 bay and avoid most of the mess altogether but thanks for pointing that out.

You couldn't happen to take a picture of that close up could ya? Might help me as well as others in the pre-planning stage smile.gif (don't think I have seen a good close up of that spot in any threads yet.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmw1;12881706 
Dare I even ask what a shoggy sammich is? Sounds like soggy sandwich to me. biggrin.gif

Cheers,
John

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3msg7Brr_PM"]shoggy sandwich[/ame] it basically is a sound dampening setup to reduce or remove pump noise altogether. Linked ya a youtubeof it. They sell the kit at sidewinders I think. But I plan on making a homemade version.

Seeing Red 03-26-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSpecII;12880762 
On a question of my own, what is the best way to shorten the drive brackets without messing up the paint?

Masking tape/blue tape them and then cut them with the dremel. I have a feeling I need to shorten mine so the radiators ports aren't blocked. Funny thing is that my FC6 doesn't line up with the front face of the case so some extra holes might need to be drilled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by werds;12882127 
-snip-

Do you need the shoggy sandwich? Wouldn't the UN bracket be enough? It has some built in dampening which on another bracket was good enough to quiet my D5 on 5. Idk know about the 350s though. I'm planning on getting one to mount my dual 355s.

werds 03-26-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeing Red;12883302 
Do you need the shoggy sandwich? Wouldn't the UN bracket be enough? It has some built in dampening which on another bracket was good enough to quiet my D5 on 5. Idk know about the 350s though. I'm planning on getting one to mount my dual 355s.

You are correct the brackets do have sound dampening built int and they MIGHT be enough. I plan on testing it out- but I already have an old mouse pad that I can cutup and a dollar for a new sponge isn't too much money smile.gif

But do I need it? Probably not - but I also didn't need a $500 dollar case or 3 RX360's either. The sandwich isn't a done deal just an idea and if I run into space issues or find the noise level to be just fine without then Ima go that route!

VSpecII 03-26-2011 07:22 PM

No real pics yet....most of my watercooling stuff will be in tuesday. And my helix res should be in shortly after. Really depends on what components you have. I have 2 Scythe Kaze Pro fan controllers I can use and they are about half the size of a dvd drive, but rad+fan = 88mm of space. My problem right now is figuring out a good spot for the cylinder res and still have room for the 2 controllers and 1 dvd drive.

I think that is one of the weaknesses of this case is the disk drive setups with certain other components (like a fancy cylinder res). The top spot is almost not usable if you have a thick rad (like a RX360). Good thing about this case is that even with that, you still have other options available without major modifications.

My original plan on trying to get everything inside the case without having to order the top extension. I'll see what I can do when the rest of the stuff comes in.

werds 03-26-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSpecII;12883658 
No real pics yet....most of my watercooling stuff will be in tuesday. And my helix res should be in shortly after. Really depends on what components you have. I have 2 Scythe Kaze Pro fan controllers I can use and they are about half the size of a dvd drive, but rad+fan = 88mm of space. My problem right now is figuring out a good spot for the cylinder res and still have room for the 2 controllers and 1 dvd drive.

I think that is one of the weaknesses of this case is the disk drive setups with certain other components (like a fancy cylinder res). The top spot is almost not usable if you have a thick rad (like a RX360). Good thing about this case is that even with that, you still have other options available without major modifications.

My original plan on trying to get everything inside the case without having to order the top extension. I'll see what I can do when the rest of the stuff comes in.

That is my attempt as well- to get this done without the top extension and still doing 3 radiators...

I am planning on using a single Sunbeam Rheosmart 6 as I believe that should be able to handle all 15 fans with no problem... the dimensions are 148mm x 42 mm x 82mm so looks like it would cut it close if I am forced to place it in the uppermost bay!

Again if things work out well enough though I may be able to move it down a bay or two without any major issues.

That is true about the drive bays and hard drive mounts - at first I didn't notice this issue until after I started my lil MS Paint drawing - thankfully it still leaves room and mounting positions for various options that still keep it clean and fairly ideal for setups - I mean comparing it to an 800D or some other single full tower cases - this provides a lot more room to work around stuff - or so it seems applaud.gif

VSpecII 03-26-2011 07:46 PM

Just remember, with the majority of cases (like 800D), the drive bays are already there. They aren't free mounted like Case labs or MM are. You can take about 1/2" off the drives because they are pushed forward that much (you'll see what I mean when you get the case).

I'll find a way. Setups are either done with pinpoint accuracy (with CAD) or by hands on (usually the case when I'm not the designer) fitting.

Forsaken_id 03-27-2011 02:47 PM

Here are a couple pics of my plan for the MB side hardware mount-wise:
ForsakenM8013.jpg
ForsakenM8011.jpg
ForsakenM8012.jpg
ForsakenM82002.jpg
ForsakenM8017.jpg
I'm just using old stuff to mock it up as I'm using what will go in it for now. It lines up with the window. I basically want that front drive area blocked off to not see it for now with the HDs and SSDs to be in a push/pull config. Why push/pull on drives? Cause. That's why. tongue.gif

Once I get all the ideas sorted, I'll make a build log. smile.gif
--Rome

X-Nine 03-28-2011 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeing Red;12883302 
Masking tape/blue tape them and then cut them with the dremel. I have a feeling I need to shorten mine so the radiators ports aren't blocked. Funny thing is that my FC6 doesn't line up with the front face of the case so some extra holes might need to be drilled.

Eh, nobody NEEDS a Shoggy sandwhich, but they do take the sound/vibration down quite a bit.

Seeing Red 03-28-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine;12900937 
Eh, nobody NEEDS a Shoggy sandwhich, but they do take the sound/vibration down quite a bit.

I was just saying the UN bracket might be good enough. That adding the sponge probably won't do anything but take up space. Werds said he is making his own pretty cheaply so it doesn't really matter if does anything or not. He can choose to not to use it if it gets in the way.

'Need' is probably the wrong word to use on OCN since people seem to get pretty steamed when ever you question their quest for overkill.

this_is_sparta_This_is_SPARTA_2_0.jpg

werds 03-28-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeing Red;12902100 
I was just saying the UN bracket might be good enough. That adding the sponge probably won't do anything but take up space. Werds said he is making his own pretty cheaply so it doesn't really matter if does anything or not. He can choose to not to use it if it gets in the way.

'Need' is probably the wrong word to use on OCN since people seem to get pretty steamed when ever you question their quest for overkill.

Yep! This case is a quest for pure overkill biggrin.gif What I am hoping for is that sometime next year there is an HPTX motherboard available for whichever is the top end cpu - and then I can put it in my case! cheers.gif

Overkill is a way of life on OCN! wink.gif

X-Nine 03-28-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeing Red;12902100 

Nah, just saying. I'm not sure if the Shoggy would do much good over the UN bracket, honestly. Nobody needs the shoggy, really, but why not get one? It's just more street cred...or money spent...or something. confused.gif

BTW.... JOHNNY 5 IS STILL ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

werds 03-28-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine;12902582 
BTW.... JOHNNY 5 IS STILL ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
No Disassemble Johny 5!

loved that movie!

BTW, my case has not arrived BUT I am starting my build log as well. slowly but surely it will get done! cheers.gif

https://www.overclock.net/intel-build-logs/976760-mh10-1-king-kong-aint-got___.html

Nyghtryder_9 03-28-2011 07:18 PM

Well I just got the confirmation Shipping email for my M8 today. "ITS LIKE CHRISTMAS IN MARCH" drunken.gifdrunken.gifthumb.gifbiggrin.gif
I started a build log, and ild like any suggestions you guys might have or possible problems that may arise. Gotta say these cases looks like the crown jewel of water cooling case, and i cant wait to get into it!

Somenamehere 03-29-2011 12:31 PM

Great news !!!!

Not 5 min ago the Fedex guy dropped off my replacement Asus Rampage III Extreme. My M8 build can finally commence !

I was so disappointed when two days after I received my M8 my motherboard started acting up. This beauty has been staring at me for days begging for some innards.

lloyd mcclendon 04-01-2011 04:31 PM

TH10 - paid for yessir.gif

heat TH10
buttkick.gif

this is going to be rediculous for a while.. for starters i'm just going to transplant the components below into it. All that room for a cpu loop with a 240 rad biggrin.gif .. that will change as time progresses wink.gif

The sr2 has been out for a while... anyone know if there is a 'next-gen sr2' x68 hptx dual socket board in the works? something like that with some serious rad surface area will find it's way in there before long. ideal thermal environment. cool.gif

I guess i should buy a camera too, i can't believe i dont even own a camera

werds 04-01-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd mcclendon;12964500 
TH10 - paid for yessir.gif

heat TH10
buttkick.gif

this is going to be rediculous for a while.. for starters i'm just going to transplant the components below into it. All that room for a cpu loop with a 240 rad biggrin.gif .. that will change as time progresses wink.gif

The sr2 has been out for a while... anyone know if there is a 'next-gen sr2' x68 hptx dual socket board in the works? something like that with some serious rad surface area will find it's way in there before long. ideal thermal environment. cool.gif

I guess i should buy a camera too, i can't believe i dont even own a camera

Yea same here I plan on transplanting the main items of my sig rig into the case although I am already upgrading the WC form a 240 rad to two 480 rads.

I also purchased an sr2 capable case for the hopes of an HPTX mobo being made for either Bulldozer or Ivy Bridge in the future.

lloyd mcclendon 04-01-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by werds;12964704 
Yea same here I plan on transplanting the main items of my sig rig into the case although I am already upgrading the WC form a 240 rad to two 480 rads.

yep. i added one of the 240 black plates to just run the 240 for a while. Then i will add a 480 once I get a second GPU and some water blocks for them. Later still, swap the 240 with a 480 and add a second CPU block devil-smiley-019.gif .. maybe keep the 240 around somewhere for the chipset or ram or something. Or just toss it and get a 3rd/4th/5th 480 anywhere. But really I think 2x480 should be more than enough surface area to cool the liquid..

Either way will all fit comfortably band.gif Just have to spend hundreds of dollars on FANS.
Quote:
I also purchased an sr2 capable case for the hopes of an HPTX mobo being made for either Bulldozer or Ivy Bridge in the future.

exactly... the sr2 has been out for a while.. the next generation of it should be popping up in the near future. I need that and larger/cheaper SSDs.. i'm more or less trying to run a mini vm data center in one box + gaming

mcjackal 04-02-2011 04:59 AM

Add me to the list of Owners, got my M8 in white yesterday biggrin.gif

Ill prolly add a buildlog when i start building biggrin.gif

werds 04-02-2011 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjackal;12970484 
Add me to the list of Owners, got my M8 in white yesterday biggrin.gif

Ill prolly add a buildlog when i start building biggrin.gif

Welcome to OCN by the way! Congrats on your new purchase biggrin.gif

Interitus 04-02-2011 09:29 AM

Count me in. Ordered and payed for, should be on the way next week.

First bit of dabbling in watercooling, I'll try to post a build log when I get all the parts, so all of you can snicker at the trials and tribulations of the WC newbie smile.gif

werds 04-02-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interitus;12972291 
Count me in. Ordered and payed for, should be on the way next week.

First bit of dabbling in watercooling, I'll try to post a build log when I get all the parts, so all of you can snicker at the trials and tribulations of the WC newbie smile.gif

It's all good! I'll be honest every build log I look at teaches me something- usually it teaches me that I am quite the noob and nowhere near half as professional as most the other OCN'ers but I still learn stuff nonetheless! wink.gif

And I haz ship date! Expected arrival at the end of this week yaaaay! wheee.gifwheee.gifwheee.gif

attachment.php?attachmentid=203412&stc=1&d=1301763349

ezveedub 04-02-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by werds;12972533 
It's all good! I'll be honest every build log I look at teaches me something- usually it teaches me that I am quite the noob and nowhere near half as professional as most the other OCN'ers but I still learn stuff nonetheless! wink.gif

And I haz ship date! Expected arrival at the end of this week yaaaay! wheee.gifwheee.gifwheee.gif

attachment.php?attachmentid=203412&stc=1&d=1301763349

Just looked at the shipping weight, 44 pounds. Imagine if the case was steel....

Interitus 04-02-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by werds;12972533 

I feel the same way. Even when I just do air-cooled builds. There's always a new trick or someone raising the bar a little higher. While I don't expect my builds to match that level of perfection, I always learn something new or use someone's ideas to try and come up with a way to better my own projects. That's what's great about the extreme and modding community. There's always a higher goal that makes everyone willing to spend the time reading about it better at what they do themselves. Without this type of community I probably wouldn't be expecting that beautiful M8 in the mail smile.gif

ahhell 04-02-2011 09:31 PM

OMG I want one of those case soooo badly.

The black one looks freakin amazing!

johnnyfive622 04-03-2011 08:27 AM

Mine arrived on Friday. Up and running now, but still a work in progress. Please forgive the wire mess. What a wonderful case this was to work with!

150.jpg

151.jpg

X-Nine 04-03-2011 08:32 AM

When you receive the case, keep in mind that there is a lot of little nuances. Such as feet and the motherboard tray handle, HDD brackets, etc that need assembly.

I've got my system half-running right now, because I'm waiting for my next shipment of WC to come in. 700 in WC gear alone...gah.... Thank God for tax returns.

When I get everything in, I'll start my next build log (Project #6). Gonna do lots of stealthing and custom work....

ezveedub 04-03-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyfive622;12983401 
Mine arrived on Friday. Up and running now, but still a work in progress. Please forgive the wire mess. What a wonderful case this was to work with!

151.jpg

What video card is that? Is it one or two? Looks like two, just trying to see how the loop is linked

johnnyfive622 04-03-2011 01:54 PM

Its an EVGA GTX 295. The first runs were dual pcb cards. The waterblock is sandwiched between them.

I have two loops. Loop one goes in the order pump, radiator, cpu, mobo, reservoir. Loop two goes pump, radiator, gpu, reservoir.

lloyd mcclendon 04-03-2011 07:27 PM

^ looks good. care to share any thoughts about how it went?

werds 04-03-2011 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyfive622;12983401 

Nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd mcclendon;12990651 
^ looks good. care to share any thoughts about how it went?

Yes, this. I am curious to hear. As my build will fall somewhere in the middle pack of Case Labs builds. I see some that are heavily modded and gussied up and then some that try and use mostly what the case provides with few mods.Your thoughts on the process would help big time!

johnnyfive622 04-04-2011 06:24 AM

The case was an absolute joy to work with. I started out with the mobo tray out of the case to install the mobo and any tubing that was between components on the tray. I then mounted the radiators on top of the case. I bought the extended top to cover them. Here I ran into my first problem. The cutouts for the fittings were not wide enough for the xspc rx360 rads I had, so I sadly had to cut on this masterpiece to allow clearance for the fittings. After that things went very smoothly. I hooked up the CPU loop first followed by the gpu loop. I had to spend some time thinking how I wanted to route the tubing to go through to the right rad over the powersupply, since I did not want any exterior tubing. I got it to work fairly easily, and think there are several good ways to do it depending on your setup. The only other issue I ran into was the audio cable for the front panel was not long enough to reach the header on the mobo. Cable management was a breeze with all the cuties and tie downs. All in all imam very happy with how it went. This is only my second case. I moved my system from a haf 932. The only case modding i did was the cuts for the rad fittings. Hope that answered your questions. Please ask more if it didn't.

werds 04-04-2011 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyfive622;12995130 
The case was an absolute joy to work with. I started out with the mobo tray out of the case to install the mobo and any tubing that was between components on the tray. I then mounted the radiators on top of the case. I bought the extended top to cover them. Here I ran into my first problem. The cutouts for the fittings were not wide enough for the xspc rx360 rads I had, so I sadly had to cut on this masterpiece to allow clearance for the fittings. After that things went very smoothly. I hooked up the CPU loop first followed by the gpu loop. I had to spend some time thinking how I wanted to route the tubing to go through to the right rad over the powersupply, since I did not want any exterior tubing. I got it to work fairly easily, and think there are several good ways to do it depending on your setup. The only other issue I ran into was the audio cable for the front panel was not long enough to reach the header on the mobo. Cable management was a breeze with all the cuties and tie downs. All in all imam very happy with how it went. This is only my second case. I moved my system from a haf 932. The only case modding i did was the cuts for the rad fittings. Hope that answered your questions. Please ask more if it didn't.

Hmmm this seems to be a constant theme with everyone using the extended top - maybe something Jim from Case Labs might be interested in knowing for a possible revision - if there is an easy solution that is!

Thanks for your thoughts!

Extreme Newbie 04-04-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyfive622;12995130 
The cutouts for the fittings were not wide enough for the xspc rx360 rads I had, so I sadly had to cut on this masterpiece to allow clearance for the fittings.

I know how you feel about cutting in to the case. I think I shed a tear as my angle grinder ripped away at my case.biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by werds;12995818 
Hmmm this seems to be a constant theme with everyone using the extended top - maybe something Jim from Case Labs might be interested in knowing for a possible revision - if there is an easy solution that is!

Jim is aware of the issue's when you top mount the rads using the extended top. My guess is that there will be a revision made to the top rad cut out to solve the issue.

Jamanious 04-05-2011 01:33 PM

Hey, guy's just thought I'd show everyone my rig/ computer space.
SDC11940.jpg
SDC11941.jpg
SDC11942.jpg

dMITIj 04-06-2011 04:40 AM

what is the prices for this case, and were will it be shippede from UK?

iamwardicus 04-06-2011 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by werds;12995818 

Do be sure to mention it to him, Jim is always seeking more information and feedback about the cases. The more he knows now, the better the Revision 2 runs will be!

johnnyfive622 04-06-2011 05:58 AM

I let Jim know about both issues i ran into. Hopefully they will be able to find a solution!

lloyd mcclendon 04-06-2011 08:45 PM

bump for some bad ass computer cases yessir.gif

still no idea where i'm going to put this TH10.. it's not going to fit anywhere in here... drunken.gif

hmmm

ezveedub 04-06-2011 10:29 PM

I am also doing a slight notch cut to the top of the M8 case to clear the XSPC RX360 radiators now. I spoke with Jim about this a few weeks ago and he made a revision to the top of the case, but I know he use a PA 120.3 radiator, which has the ports set inwards more. It's just the XSPC rads use the wide spacing for the G1/4 ports with hex bungs, and of course, the corner of the hex is what doesn't clear. I'm checking the clearance now, as I believe I only have to cut a very small notch to clear the rad, not much at all.

ezveedub 04-06-2011 10:44 PM

Here's a picture of how much needs to be notched out to clear the XSPC rad for top mounting. I'll be doing mod tomorrow.

johnnyfive622 04-07-2011 05:46 AM

If you are also using 3/4"exterior diameter tubing with compression fittings, you may need deeper notches.

ezveedub 04-07-2011 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyfive622;13034934 
If you are also using 3/4"exterior diameter tubing with compression fittings, you may need deeper notches.

I already modded the top panel and installed one radiator. The G1/4 port is raised, and protrudes behind the aluminum top panel. It should clear fine from what I'm looking at, but I'll check shortly

johnnyfive622 04-07-2011 06:56 AM

I hope it does for you. As far as I could tell it would not fit well for me. Still love the case tho.

ezveedub 04-07-2011 07:30 AM

I'm using EK compression fittings for 7/16ID-5/8OD tubing. I test fitted two this morning and it's fine. Here's some pics of the cuts I made and with the radiator installed with the EK fittings. I preferred the 7/16 tubing since it passes through the cutouts between the left and right sides with ease.

johnnyfive622 04-07-2011 11:07 AM

Looks good. Glad it worked out.

Just for the interested, 1/2" interior 3/4" exterior tubing also passes through the cutouts.

werds 04-07-2011 02:14 PM

My MH10 finally showed up! Had a very brief moment where I slipped home long enough to bring the case inside the house - took a few pictures but had to run back to school for parent's night!

Here is a picture from my iphone, placed the box next to the front of my Suzuki Grand Vitara for a comparison. The packing job was superb - I have only seen one company that is in the same league (and that says alot since I worked in logistics and international shipping for a while...)

More pictures to follow in my build log when I get a chance... but having a hectic weekend coming up I am super anxious now!

*Note* the box is sitting with the vertical portion actually being the length of the case and the flatside facing me is actually the bottom dimension of the case.

werds 04-07-2011 07:31 PM

Uploaded a bunch of shots from the unboxing - will have to finish adding comments and further pictures maybe this weekend, just wanted to at least get something up.

Build Log: Case Labs MH10 #1 - King Kong ain't got___ on me!

This thing looks even sexier than I thought it would! The shape, to me, is actually fairly attractive... wubsmiley.gif

VSpecII 04-08-2011 04:13 PM

Where is everyone placing their pumps?

I'm trying to find a clean place to put my pump (MCP35x). My original intent was to "hide" it in the second side with the psu/hdd, but not finding a suitable tube routing without affecting wires from the psu.