How to raid 0 on 2 x SSD or 2 x HDD as primary boot drive for installation of OS window on X99 system.
It is not easy to raid 0 as bootable window installation drive on X99 system especially ASUS Mobo . Lot of plp encounter Asus mobo unable to recognize boot drive after raid. Dont worry …. Here is the solution, full proof solution. X99 is capable to raid 6 drive.
Just follow what i say and dont be smart to deviate by your own way.
1. It is better to secure erase your SSD to factory setting (option)
2. reboot and format every single ssd to primary disk with window installation disk.
3. reboot and change AHCI to raid mode .
4. reboot again and pressing CTRL I to enter raid setup mode.
5. Setup raid disk and exit.
6. boot from yr window installation disk
7. last you will be able to see your raid disk in combination as primary bootable.
8. load driver – be sure is the latest raid driver – asus will provide on the installation disk
9. find raid directory –> IRST –>driver –> 64bit
10. it will show only one driver. Do not chose this driver. instead uncheck botton option of showing non regard driver.
11. there will be a list of driver appear.
12. chose driver ended with iaStorAc.inf.
13. load the driver. after ignore all error message and continue window installation
you have done
do remenber to install the program IRST.