• In order to sign up for an Overclock.net account, your chosen username, a valid email address, and password are required.
• Overclock.net will not give out or sell your email address to third parties.
• Overclock.net will only contact you through the provided email address with important news about Overclock.net site related issues or for matters directly related to your account.
–User Submitted Data–
• Because of the community nature of this site, any and all information you submit to Overclock.net should be considered publicly viewable – present and future. Submissions to Overclock.net include any and all information you type into any field within the Overclock.net website (with the exception of any passwords).
• The Company uses some of those cookies and the data tracked by some of those cookies in conjunction with various advertisers and advertising networks. Wikia has no control over the cookies and other information collected by advertising and advertising networks which service ads on Overclock.net, and this policy does not apply to the information collected in regard to those networks.
• The Company’s user data is stored in the United States, and, like the vast majority of websites, its servers log some information whenever you access the service; information such as your IP address, the time of your visit, your browser type and your browser's language setting. Overclock.net refers to this information on aggregate (no personally identifiable information) and uses it for internal website optimization purposes and to validate traffic claims with potential advertisers.
• If you send a communication to the Company, we may hold on to that communication so that we can respond appropriately, and so that we can incorporate your feedback to improve the service.
–Contests and Promotions–
• Any information you submit when entering a contest will only be used to facilitate your contest entry. We will seek your permission if such data will be used in any other ways.
–Sharing Your Information—
â€‹The Company only shares your information with others in the following circumstances:
- As described aboveâ€‹
- With our subsidiaries and affiliated companies, contractors, and vendors. We require these parties to process your information in compliance with this policy.â€‹
- As required by law enforcement agenciesâ€‹
- As we, in our sole judgment, deem necessary to investigate a breach of securityâ€‹
- If the Company becomes involved in a merger or acquisition or any form of sale of some or all of its assets, we will provide notice to you, via an update to this policy, of any personal information to be transferred and/or subject to a different policy.â€‹
- We may also share with third parties aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of new user registrations over a specific time period.
–Notification of Changes–
• The Company can be reached through the Contact Us page of Overclock.net.