Playstation 4 PRO Thread - Page 131 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

View Poll Results: Are you Buying a PS4 PRO?
Yes 88 55.00%
No 31 19.38%
Why Would I ? 41 25.63%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Playstation 4 PRO Thread

post #1301 of 1309 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 10:58 AM
pez
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 633 (Unique: 488)
I thought character movement looked a little stiff and rigid, but I'm curious where they are going with the story and gameplay aspect of it. It's different, but I didn't feel 'meh' about it.

>>>[Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club
Trndsttr
(17 items)
DooMSlayeR
(15 items)
OverCoaster
(14 items)
CPU
2700X [4.2GHz]
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero [WiFi AC]
GPU
Titan X Pascal [Hybrid]
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ 3600 [16GB]
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Evo [500GB]
Hard Drive
Mushkin Enhanced Reactor [1TB]
Power Supply
EVGA 550 G2
Cooling
Celcius S36 + F120MP
Case
Meshify C
Operating System
Windows 10 Professional [x64]
Monitor
Acer Predator X34
Monitor
Dell E2417H
Keyboard
Razer Huntsman Elite
Mouse
Finalmouse UL Phantom
Mousepad
Razer Gigantus
Audio
Schiit Bifrost Uber + Schiit Asgard 2 + HEXv2/HD700
Audio
Razer Leviathan 5.1 Soundbar
CPU
Motherboard
Asus Strix B350-I
GPU
Sapphire Vega64
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 [16GB]
Hard Drive
Kingston A1000
Hard Drive
Crucial P1
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua L9a
Case
A4-SFX
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro [x64]
Monitor
Sony X900E
Keyboard
Logitech K830
Audio
Sherwood RX-4109
Audio
Cerwin Vega D-3
Other
Xbox Elite Controller [White]
CPU
i7 7700K [4.7GHz]
Motherboard
ASUS Z270i STRIX
GPU
ASUS GTX 1070 FE
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3K [16GB]
Hard Drive
Kingston HyperX Savage [480GB]
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Corsair H75 + F120MP
Case
NCASE M1 [v5]
Operating System
Win 10 Pro [x64]
Monitor
Dell S2716DGR [144hz]
Keyboard
HHKB Pro v2 [White]
Mouse
Logitech G502
Mouse
SS QcK Heavy
Audio
AudioQuest Dragonfly Black + Sennhesier HD650
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1302 of 1309 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 11:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 400 (Unique: 206)
Quote: Originally Posted by ArmageddonAsh View Post
Am i the only one that was pretty much "meh" to the new Deaths Stranding trailer? The gameplay looked REALLY bland and boring. They really will need to improve it before release. I just have a feeling its going to be a terrible game. Good basis for a movie, bad gameplay.
looked like the best game of all time to me to be honest.

I got nothing but praise out of that trailer and would rate it 11/10.

Probably the most excited I have been for a video game since The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.

But I could easily see it happening that Death Stranding ends up being a game that is not necessarily something for the masses and average gamer, but will rather end up being an instant cult classic.

post #1303 of 1309 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter
Ladies, One at a Time

Rep: 311 (Unique: 188)
Quote: Originally Posted by zealord View Post
looked like the best game of all time to me to be honest.

I got nothing but praise out of that trailer and would rate it 11/10.

Probably the most excited I have been for a video game since The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.

But I could easily see it happening that Death Stranding ends up being a game that is not necessarily something for the masses and average gamer, but will rather end up being an instant cult classic.
I am not intrigued either.... looks blah...

TCO
post #1304 of 1309 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 11:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by TheCautiousOne View Post
I am not intrigued either.... looks blah...

TCO
yeah Kojima games are not for everyone. For me Death Stranding is better than christmas, birthday and holiday vacation combined.

I am going to love analyzing this game and all the genius hints, secrets and hidden stuff that make this a unique experience.

It is insane how much details are hidden in those games. When every little thing starts making sense. For me it is the opposite of generic bland games like Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed etc.

post #1305 of 1309 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter
Ladies, One at a Time

Quote: Originally Posted by zealord View Post
yeah Kojima games are not for everyone. For me Death Stranding is better than christmas, birthday and holiday vacation combined.

I am going to love analyzing this game and all the genius hints, secrets and hidden stuff that make this a unique experience.

It is insane how much details are hidden in those games. When every little thing starts making sense. For me it is the opposite of generic bland games like Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed etc.
"Yea, Kojima games are not for everyone"

WHOA WHOA WHOA. Them fighting words right there. I've put in many of hours in all metal gears, etc..... this one is just a little off kilter. Ill see how the vids go after release, but from the jump... not sure about that.

TCO
post #1306 of 1309 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 01:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by TheCautiousOne View Post
"Yea, Kojima games are not for everyone"

WHOA WHOA WHOA. Them fighting words right there. I've put in many of hours in all metal gears, etc..... this one is just a little off kilter. Ill see how the vids go after release, but from the jump... not sure about that.

TCO
no fighting words and sorry if it came across that way.

but Kojima games are more than just the sum of their parts. I have heard all the criticism. Some people straight up think Kojima is an overrated Hack.

There are a million things in the trailer that are easy to miss. A million little details that actually make sense. There is so much to see to connect it all.
Kojima games also happen inside of you. In your brain. It is not a passive thing. You have to think about them. During and after you played them.
Did I completely understand what Metal Gear Solid 2 was about when I first played it? Hell no
But I would say that Metal Gear Solid 2 is probably one of the most underrated games of all time and that is saying something for a game that many consider to be amazing.

But in reality he is one of the very few people in gaming who actually deserve the title of genius. He will deliver.

I absolutely cannot understand how anyone seeing this Trailer running on a playstation 4 doubts this. I actually thought that the trailer looked too good to be true. The size of the world, the graphics, the way the environment and enemies behave. The additional bit in the japanese trailers which is missing in the english one is absolutely mindboggling.

In the end everything will make sense. And I don't mean it as an insult when I say that most people won't get it, probably because they are not putting in the time to get through all the layers.

post #1307 of 1309 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 04:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 22 (Unique: 19)
The only MGS I ever played was Phantom Pain, and I had no idea what I was getting into once I saw the first cinematic... I think his personal style and design direction is very unique, and I take this sort of thing into account in all games I play. Due to that, I will play Death Stranding because he now has full control over the design direction without a studio controlling things. If anything, it should be pretty different in design compared to other PS exclusives. Excited to see what his brain has created.

ZMT watercool setup -- Phanteks Enthoo Elite -- hwlabs gtr 420 x 2 -- noctua A14 PWM x8 -- d5 pwm -- 9900x -- x299 TUF Mk1
EK Supremacy RGB-- 64gb 3200 tridentZ Royal CL14 -- AX1500i -- 2x 7600p on hyper m.2 VROC 4TB -- EK ZMT Tubing -- Ek Fittings -- dual 1080ti FE -- EK 1080ti Waterblocks -- asus PG279UZ monitors x3 7680x1440 surround
Bertha 5.0
(22 items)
CPU
9900x
Motherboard
X299 TUF Mk1
GPU
1080ti FE
GPU
1080ti FE
RAM
GSkill Royal
Hard Drive
Hyper m.2
Power Supply
Ax1500i
Cooling
HWL GTR 420 x2
Cooling
EKWB 1080ti blocks x2
Cooling
EK Supremecy EVO RGB
Cooling
Noctua A14 PWM x8
Cooling
Corsair ML140 x6
Cooling
EK ZMT tubing
Cooling
EK D5 PWM pump/res
Cooling
EK Fittings
Cooling
Corsair Commander Pro
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Asus PG279QZ x3
Keyboard
Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
Mouse
Corsair Nightsword
Mousepad
Corsair MM800 Polaris
▲ hide details ▲
post #1308 of 1309 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter
Ladies, One at a Time

post #1309 of 1309 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 58 (Unique: 49)
Too me, all the gameplay bits just looked like they would be put down if they were in any other game. The bits we got to see were very average at best. It'll be one of them games that even if the game play is woeful people will say its amazing simply because who is behind it. I mean that combat alone looked dreadfully dull. The universe seems really interesting and the story i am betting will be great but the most important aspect of games - The gameplay seems REALLY lacking. Sure we havent seen much so far but you tend to want to show the GOOD aspects of your gameplay first and if this is the "best" of the gameplay. Be worried.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in