Ipad how to hard reset - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Ipad how to hard reset

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
One of my friend asked me to unblock her Ipad. On ipad screen there is mesage that it is blocked and that I need to connect it to itunes. How to unblock this? On some video I saw that cable is necessary for unblocking, is that true? Friend forgot to leave cable, she lives far so I will get cable only for 4-5 days. Ipad model is A1599.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 01:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 126 (Unique: 99)
After a hard reset it would still require the cable, if I'm not mistaken.
So it probably doesn't really matter

Vaping Enthusiast
You should quit smoking and switch to vaping. thumb.gif

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaSmurfsHarem View Post

After a hard reset it would still require the cable, if I'm not mistaken.
So it probably doesn't really matter

I managed to get a cable but when I want it to connect to Itunes so that I can start hard reset I got this message:

http://imgur.com/a/aHxVF

Somehow with turning on/off I managed to get into Itunes recovery mode, I have two option, Restore and Update, I tryed both and every time after process is done (15mn) I am restored to desktop with the same message that Ipad is blocked. How to solve this?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 04:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 126 (Unique: 99)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBox View Post

I managed to get a cable but when I want it to connect to Itunes so that I can start hard reset I got this message:

http://imgur.com/a/aHxVF

Somehow with turning on/off I managed to get into Itunes recovery mode, I have two option, Restore and Update, I tryed both and every time after process is done (15mn) I am restored to desktop with the same message that Ipad is blocked. How to solve this?

You 100% certain that the iPad isn't stolen.

I believe it will show that blocked message when it has been locked via iCloud and "find my iphone" as a security measure.

Alternatively there is googling the 0xE8000015 error and looking at other posts about how they "fixed" it.

Vaping Enthusiast
You should quit smoking and switch to vaping. thumb.gif

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 02:22 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 675 (Unique: 477)
Worst case scenario, take it to an Apple store and have them do it (although you have to pay).

If you have done a hard reset and still get an error, it could be an ITunes issue. To this day I have an IPod that intermittently will not connect to ITunes on my PC.

You technically don't need ITunes to do a factory setup but if you are doing a content restore you might.

Home PC
(13 items)
CPU
Intel G3440
Motherboard
Asus B85M-E/CSM
GPU
EVGA GTX 950
RAM
Patriot Viper 3 - 2x8GB 1600hz
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 - 500GB + 4TB x2 / 3TB x 2 - WD
Optical Drive
LG CH12LS28 Bluray
Power Supply
Corsair CX430 V2
Cooling
Scythe Big Shuriken 2 w/Corsair SP120 Fan
Case
NMEDIAPC HTPC 6000B w/ Pro LCD Module
Operating System
Windows 10 64 Bit
Monitor
Samsung 75" TV....
Keyboard
GooBang Doo MX3
Mouse
GooBang Doo MX3
▲ hide details ▲
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 03:34 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 0
Doing a hard reset locked iPad without cable is OK, if iCloud's find my ipad is enabled. You can log in to the iCloud official website and wipe your device for factory reset.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 09:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

how to hard reset iPad/iPhone
1. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC. If you can't access your computer and your device is still working, you can wipe and recover your device without a computer.
2. Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod to your computer using the cable that came with your device.
3. If the message asks for a device password or trusts this computer, follow the steps on the screen. If you have forgotten your password, please ask for help.
4. Select iPhone, iPad or iPod to display in iTunes. For unresponsive devices or devices that cannot be started, learn how to do this. If your device does not appear in iTunes, please ask for help.
5. In the Summary panel, click Restore [Device].
6. Click "Restore" again to confirm. iTunes will then remove your device and install the latest iOS or iPod software.
7. After the device is restored to factory settings, it will be restarted. Now you can set it to new.

another solutions offers for you:how to hard reset iPad

Last edited by lukehammer; 09-16-2019 at 01:16 AM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 09:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

I tried 3 tools before

If you do not have a cable, you will unable to unlock the ipad via itunes. But I tried to remove the password with the help of other tools:
1. Siri
This method will not erase your data, but it only applys to the device which is running ios 8 to ios 10.1
2. iCloud
If you have your friend's Apple ID and password, you can use icloud to erase all the data, including the screen passcode.
3. third-party software
For myself, I used an ipad unlocker called joyoshare ipasscode unlocker to factory reset my device and became able to operated without password.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in